4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget-friendly touchscreen phone
I purchased this phone to replace my Nokia E63 because I wanted a phone with a touchscreen and a full keyboard. Here are what I think are the pros and cons so far:

PROS:
Nice size touchscreen, very bright and vibrant.
Published on September 23, 2010 by Jenny

3.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected
Published on April 26, 2011 by tirah

4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget-friendly touchscreen phone, September 23, 2010
Jenny (WPB, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia C6 Unlocked GSM Phone with Easy E-mail Setup, Side-Sliding Touchscreen, QWERTY, 5 MP Camera, and Free Ovi Maps Navigation (White) (Wireless Phone Accessory)

PROS:
Nice size touchscreen, very bright and vibrant.
Disregard what the previous reviewer said about the blue stripe on the bottom of the phone because THERE IS NONE. The plastic cover on the screen has a blue stripe but the actual phone is COMPLETELY WHITE.
Camera quality is great and shutter speed is super quick.
Keyboard is easy to use and keys are big.
Interface is simple and easy to understand.

CONS:
A little bulky.
Camera could get scratched easily since there is nothing to cover it.
Definitely will need a screen protector.

One other thing that I found to be more of a nuisance than anything else is that the GPS positioning option was turned on by default so every couple of minutes it would activate itself and eat up a few cents of the money on my phone. Luckily it was easy to turn off so nothing to worry about anymore.

Overall I really like this phone. I've only had it for a short time but so far I haven't had any problems with it. I would definitely recommend this for someone looking for a touchscreen phone with full keyboard that is also budget-friendly.

4.0 out of 5 stars better than expected, October 4, 2010
I came from an N85 so I'm fairly familiar with Nokia phones in general and the Symbian OS in particular.

I wanted a touchscreen phone that had a keyboard that was within my budget. I would have gone for the mini N97 but it's a bit pricey considering the C7, N8 et al are coming out soon.

I've read almost all available reviews I can read online so if you did that then you know what you're getting into with this phone.

The only thing that surprised me was the resistive touchscreen. I bought this phone expecting to return it immediately but the touchscreen compared to my capacitive 2G ipod touch is amazing. It's just as responsive and accurate. I was expecting to need a stylus or my nails to navigate the phone but you really don't!

It is, however, a bit bulky but compared to the N85, it's pretty much the same.

The NokiaMaps is redunkulous, tho.I LOVE it. The last time I checked it out was when I got my N85. The Nokia maps back then required a crazy-expensive yearly rate to use the turn-by-turn and was pretty much useless bec trying to enter an adddress REQUIRED a zipcode entry before it will search for it! This new interface works much like GoogleMaps (esp with an ovi account) and much easier to use. It has all the feature you can ever want on a stand alone GPS but you get a phone along with it!

I specifically bought this phone to try out the NokiaMaps turn-by-turn while I rode my motorcycle. You can't beat an accurate GPS that you can plug your headphones/ bluetooth headset on and use while riding! And if you can find a suitable handlebar holder for the phone, you can mount it and still operate the phone with your gloves on bec of the resistive screen!

The speakerphone is on the weakside bec it outputs to only one speaker so that's expected. The battery does not last more than 6 hours bec the data connection is ALWAYS active (bec of the widgets and GPS). It also doesn't charge off the USB but I can use my older Nokia chargers so that's ok.

I'll update the downsides of the phone as I find em but so far, the last week of usage have been problem-free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Costa Rica, Centroamérica, February 11, 2011
Bueno, por si algún compatriota leyera esto, le informo que el telefono funciona a la perfección con el ICE, excelente cobertura, y todas las aplicaciones estan disponibles. Todo lo demás información la pueden encontrar en los comentarios anteriores. Lo recomiendo al 100%!

3.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected, April 26, 2011
I received the phone fast from 2-day shipping but I am disappointed with it. I returned it the same day! It doesn't look like in pictures, the color is off white and is not shiny but very dull looking. The slider is wobbly and loose so it doesn't feel good in the hand. I've always thought Nokia products were well made but this phone just felt cheap. I had the Nokia C3 before and even it feels higher quality.
The Symbian OS is nothing to boast about but i knew that, however the touchscreen is quite annoying because you have to double tap to select something, if you tap once a "tip" pops up instead. It's okay for the price, but there are better phones that cost the same or just a little more like the Samsung Wave 533 or the LG GW620.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exelent phone with improvement opportunities, January 10, 2011
It works realy good, is too fast, and both the qwerty and touch screem are really good. The web surfing and SMS are good as well.

The battery cover over heats, can be because of my hand or the material, at full capacity (Facebook updates on, e-mail updates on, receiving and sending SMS (100 by day), web surfing, calls (30 minutes), the battery life dies in about 6 hours, so I have a charger at home, and another one at work. Without the web surfing it last 10 or 12 hours.

The features (light level, personalized front menu) are reallu usefull and works real good. You need OPERA, since the browser it comes with the phone is too basic.

No pen included for the touch screem, disapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia C6, March 23, 2011
Excellent phone, easy to use, the battery lasts long, good signal reception. I have been using it for more than 9 months now and had no deceptions so far. if you are not looking for something fancy like iPhone and needs a real work horse, this is the phone to you. I use it for professional use but it is worth to mention that the camera exceeded my expectations. You can also listen to MP3 songs but I highly recommend to buy a decent pair of ear buds. Once you do this, you will also be amazed with the quality of the sound of this phone.
A hint for Skype users: you need to download Skype for Symbian from the OVI web site. For some reason Skype did not have it available on their web site. It took me a while to figure this out. There are some flaws with the Skype version for Symbian but at least it works and it is free.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nokia C6 breaks and Nokia does not care., February 28, 2011
Bought the phone and I love the thing for the functions it does BUT the back battery cover NEVER from day one would stay on. It popped off on a regular basis, pretty much every time it was placed in my wifes purse. The clip that retains the cover finally snapped off, when the phone was about a month old. I called Nokia and they told me to check ebay for parts!!!! I'm guessing if your phone breaks for any reason, they will tell you tough luck. Was my second Nokia I had bought and will be my LAST. Read this Nokia, I hope your lack of customer service results in sales losses, all for being to cheap to fix my phone when it was bad out of the box. Anyone else having this issue and wants to start a class action suit, count me in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nokia C-6 Review, November 18, 2010
The phone is a good piece of device with minimal malfunctions(freezing). Minimal freezing occurs when running more than 5 applications at once. It is easy to use and attractive in terms of its design, however it is a bit on the heavy side. The default applications on the phone are useful and the ovi store phenomenon made it even better. This is so as many more applications are available both free and those at a cost. the camera functions well; sound is good; the resolution is way better than average; the material used by the manufacturer feels sturdy and durable. However, the battery life could be better. overall its a good buy. Compared to other high end smart-phones with similar capabilities the price is very competitive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmn, good enough?, May 16, 2011
I bought this cellphone to handle emails and internet access (besides calls and SMS obviously), and it's good to check your email and maybe to browse some webpages, but for most pages, stinks... Relationship price/performance is good, but it's not the best smartphone you're going to have. BTW, I really HATE the white screen it shows when it's loading something

1.0 out of 5 stars It is a "new open box" item, August 18, 2011
DigiCarpenter (Round Rock, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Recently I was looking for another cell phone for my husband and I got into a new term which is called" New Open Box", after searching on google I got to know what does that meant. And it also makes me realized that the cell phone which I purchased from amazon at 2 months ago when I received it the box was opened and it missed one accessory - car charger, so I contacted their customer service and they refunded me $20 for the missing charger. But just until now (8/18) after more than 2 months of my purchasing I found out the cell phone I got was so called" new open box item". I already missed the return period so I am not going to pursue for refund or anything but just want to let whoever is interesting in buying this cell phone from amazon maybe you need to pay attention of that, don't make the same mistake as I had.

Rate and Discover Movies