Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on September 20, 2007
My shoe size is 10. The options listed were S, M, and L. I ordered the large. The sock is an extremely uncomfortable tight fit...more like a medium. Far too tight to wear. Overall quality seems OK though, about what I was led to expect. I have blown $25 on the 3-pack. Proceed at your own risk.
55 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2010
These socks are super comfortable and really non-slip, excellent for Pilates / ballet bar / core strength exercises.
I wear size 9-9.5, and Medium fits perfectly, not too snug and not loose.
VINE VOICEon February 13, 2007
I attend yoga twice a week at the Y. The classes are held in a room with hardwood floors like you find on a basketball court. Since I use their mats -- and so do many other bare-footed people whose hygiene may be questionable -- I choose to wear socks. Also the room is kept very air-conditioned making bare feet uncomfortable for that reason.

I was wearing regular cotton ankle socks at first, but some of our poses result in our standing directly on the floor rather than on the mat. I found I was nervous about slipping on the slick floor, so I started looking for slipper socks with tread on the bottoms. Oddly, I couldn't find any except very expensive ones designed for geriatric customers.

Then I found these. I did think they were on the expensive side, which is why only 4 stars. I do love them though. They're cozy and they help me keep from slipping in class. Two thumbs up.
33 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2011
Originally I purchased these socks for a 93 year old lady who likes to wear socks around her home and had slipped and fallen on her hard wood floors. My friend has not fallen since wearing these socks. I liked them so much that I bought some for myself. When they arrived the socks were mercifully not packaged with any packing material...these are socks! They are true to size, they stay on my feet during Pilates and they are remarkably thick.
on September 24, 2012
these socks are nice quality. however the sizing is completely horrible. i bought the XL, which claim to be designed for size 13-16 feet. i am a size 13, and i can barely get them on my feet - and they don't stretch or break in. there is no way that a size 15/16 foot would even have a shot at getting these on. the super small sizing is really confusing. in addition to being way too short, they are also super narrow.

although the quality is good, faulty sizing makes the product completely impractical.
on June 30, 2014
I had a pair of Crescent Moon Exersocks from ages ago and they were my very first pair of grippy socks. Loved them - but forgot which size they were. I knew I wanted more socks like this since I was going to go intensive on the barre classes, and they had to fit well so my feet won't be slipping around in the socks. Knowing that the sizes could be inconsistent for some, I made the effort to check the size chart on the Crescent Moon website and read *all* the reviews on sizing here on Amazon. Long story short, I went with large - since I was in between sizes and majority said size up - yet it turned out to be a wee bit too big for me. Bummer.

Based on my experience, if you find yourself in between sizes (i.e. I'm a women's 9.5 or 10, the classic textbook case; 9.5 is essentially the upper limit for Crescent Moon's medium, and 10 the lower limit for large), *and* you have narrower feet in general, seriously go with the smaller size for a more perfect fit. Be very objective about your feet size if you want snugness on top of comfort. I compared my first (and most comfortable) pair with the new ones and they are indeed a little smaller, so I probably got mediums for my first pair.

I hope the extra time in the dryer makes them shrink a little...
on April 18, 2011
I wasn't pleased with the fact they didn't reference the sizes on the site, it just said small medium and large. I wear a 7 1/2 shoe, ordered the small, and they fit perfectly - snug but not too tight or stretched out. Highly recommend these socks for Barre class.
on May 14, 2014
I bought a few different yoga socks, not knowing what I would like.
The ones with toes, are 1) too difficult to get on 2) have the sticky padding in bad areas (I'm on my toes a lot).

These are super strong, and the tab behind the ankle makes it easy to adjust.
I bought these in mid 2011, It's now mid 2014. I'm still using the same socks. I bought 4 pair. I use them for Yoga, P90X, and just as slippers around the house. All that wear, and not ONE hold, yet. The elastic is thick, and has not got to sloppy-sock level yet.

These will stick like spiderman on a yoga matt, or padded gym floor.
You will need to mop your floor, and maybe drop some water later, if you are working out on a wooden floor. They will stick for the first 10-15 minutes, then the dust will start sticking to the rubber pads.

My foot is 10.5 (men's) I got a Large, and they fit fine.
They are lower then no-show socks, but never fall off.

hope this helps.
on March 24, 2013
I've just gotten into Barre classes, and I love it, however, I did not have the correct socks. I found the crescent moon socks and ordered them. The price was great, the delivery time was fast, and the product is as I expected. I've worn them in my barre classes and the grip the mat and floor great. Help so much in being able to perform the various moves. Socks are thick, and well made, I ordered medium, my regular shoe size is 8 1/2M. They fit great.
on June 20, 2009
I got these because I have a "no shoes" policy in my house and these are great non-skid socks for hard wood floors. My smooth, polished wood stairs are very treacherous in regular socks and I feel so much safer now with these non-slip exersocks, especially when hauling the laundry basket up and down. I wear a womens 7 1/2 (USA sizing) and the mediums are a perfect fit. I plan to get more sizes to offer guests.