5.0 out of 5 stars good fit, good price
Published 9 months ago by Blatherskyte

3.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described
And shipped within a reasonable time frame. This really helps to quiet the Norco 4220 with 3x120 fans vs the stock 4x80 fans which are loud as hell. Keep in mind, you'll need at least 3 to 6 inches of slack in your 8087 to 8087 cables to try to get around the off-set hole in the fan wall.

either way, this is a good deal for a Norco 4220, especially for someone...
Published 10 months ago by KCH

5.0 out of 5 stars good fit, good price, December 14, 2013
This review is from: 120mm fan wall bracket (Personal Computers)
fits exactly, price is great and certainly not jacked up at all. The only negative reviews are that it's not the standard bracket, doesn't bother me they are targeting enterprisey places that can have loud 80mm fans. Rather I find it rare and commendable that this isn't crazily overpriced or cheaply built. It's a very solid piece of kit that maintains rigidity in the long 4224 case.

Very happy I bought it, looks great, fits great, feels great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, but should really be included with Norco cases, June 4, 2013
This review is from: 120mm fan wall bracket (Personal Computers)
This fan wall bracket is what I would say is a NECESSITY to your Norco server cases (4220, 4224, etc). I used this in the Norco RPC 4220 and it worked great. Basically this fan wall allows you to swap out the (3) extremely loud 80mm stock case fans in the front of the case with (3) aftermarket 120mm fans. I used (3) Noctua NF-P12 120mm fans and my server is near silent and keeps my hard drives just as cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be the fan bracket included in Norco servers!, December 4, 2013
This review is from: 120mm fan wall bracket (Personal Computers)
This fan wall bracket is a must to the stock fan wall. Stock has four fans that are smaller and louder. This fan plate along with Noctua fans makes a huge difference in a Norco server. The server will go from noisy to very, very quiet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for a Norco server case., December 17, 2013
This review is from: 120mm fan wall bracket (Personal Computers)
I am currently using this fan wall bracket with Noctua NF-P12 fans in a 4224 case. I replaced the stock 80 mm fans with Noctua NF-R8 PWM fans. The difference in noise is incredible. The server sits in a rack 3 feet from my ear and it is as audible as a soft whisper. Server sits in an air conditioned room set at 75F with all hard drives maintaining temperatures between 38C and 42C. I previously had the Norco 4020 with all 80mm fans replaced with Antec Tri-cool at low settings. The noise difference between the two servers were night and day. It conviced me of two things, always get the bigger fans if available and always spend the extra money on the Noctuas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome but too wide for my original 4220, April 25, 2014
This review is from: 120mm fan wall bracket (Personal Computers)
I have a very early 4220 I bought from newegg when they first were released. This card is about 2mm too wide and causes the sides to bulge unless I put it at an angle. no big deal still fits well, didn't need to modify anything but looks low budget. Its not held in by anything other than friction but its fine. 3 Noctua 120mm and 2 Noctua 80mm fans with a powered PWM fan splitter and my server is way quieter than before.

I had on day one swapped the 12v for 5V on the fans to cut the noise down to a reasonable level but it was still loud. With these 5 fans its much much queiter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fan wall for the case., January 7, 2014
This review is from: 120mm fan wall bracket (Personal Computers)
I understand why the norco case comes with the more powerful, louder fans... but since I have it in my living room, the sound of a reving jet engine was not acceptable. This fan wall provides a great alternative. Of course you have to get your own fans, but they aren't that expensive.

I will buy this again if I get another one of these cases.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs massaging to fit, March 21, 2014
This review is from: 120mm fan wall bracket (Personal Computers)
Needs a little bit of massaging to get the side wall holes to line up. Really have to lean on the bracket to get the screws in. Knocked off one star for that problem. Don't forget to tape over the unused portions of the cable openings!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to reduce noise, March 25, 2014
This review is from: 120mm fan wall bracket (Personal Computers)
Put this in a Norco 4224 chassis with Noctua fans. Made the case virtually silent. Just wish this came standard instead of an option. A must-buy for anyone wanting to silence their loud Norco case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Get this if you must, September 13, 2014
This review is from: 120mm fan wall bracket (Personal Computers)
My Norco RPC-4224 came with a fan wall and three 120mm fans so I didn't necessarily need this though I'm glad I got it and I'll explain why.
This fan wall has cut-outs between the second and third fan which is a more direct route for SAS cables to connect from PCIe HBAs to the Norco backplane.
The advantages here are two-fold; 0.5m SAS cables have just enough extra slack with this fan wall whereas the original fan wall required stretching the SAS cables to their limits. The other advantage is the third fan doesn't have air flow restrictions.
You can avoid getting this fan wall if your RPC-4224 comes with a three-fan wall but if you do then I would advise getting 1m SAS cables.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, April 15, 2014
This review is from: 120mm fan wall bracket (Personal Computers)
It's a piece of sheet metal. It fits where it's supposed to and does its job. The edges however are very sharp. Be careful when installing.

120mm fan wall bracket
$34.00 $11.00
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies