3.0 out of 5 stars Love the equipment, iFit is a waste of money, November 15, 2013
This review is from: Nordic Track A.C.T. Commercial 7 Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
I bought this item directly from NordicTrack and received it a few days ago. My wife and I have been using it ever since. We love the equipment, but iFit is a waste of money. There's hardly any content and nothing specifically for the elliptical. I paid for 1 year subscription and the content I get for my money is nothing. There are some (not many) additional programs that you can pay for, but I would have expected something for my $99 subscription besides just a place to park some stats.

It is nice that the machine automatically uploads the exercise to the site, but I wish the machine was compatible with other sites that provide richer capabilities. The few stats, goals and clunky interface of iFit is not worth it to me. Also, the machine thinks you are exercising the moment you get on the pedals, so if you just stand on the pedals while you are browsing iFit through the dashboard, it uploads that as a completed workout. There are ways to delete the workout from iFit after, but you have to log in through the computer. And, no apps for mobile - in fact, I tried browsing iFit.com from my tablet and the interface is not compatible - I can't get to certain menus because they hide before I can click on them.

With respect to the dashboard on the machine, my wife is 5 foot 4 inches and she has trouble seeing the screen from her angle. I can see it, but the way it is tilted back is awful. The screen is small, too. For a package that relies on software to show maps - that's part of the lure of this machine's mojo - it is too small. I have higher-than-average high speed internet and it takes a while for the screen to refresh, so the map jumps around - not smooth at all.

I'm an early adopter, so I expect the bugs, and the firmware update capability gives me hope that one day this will be fixed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Service!, November 12, 2014
If you plan to use your elliptical, before long, it will need servicing. I purchased the extended warranty. My machine has been inoperable for more than 2 months! I've had 3 different repairmen and they've ordered >$1300.00 in parts (including a new computer console), but my machine still sounds like a locomotive!! Currently waiting on another part, but it is back-ordered. Called Nordic Track customer service and I guess they're only good for providing BAD service since they told me there is nothing they can do. This has been the worst customer service experience of my life!! I need a working machine, but I won't waste money on Nordic Track ever again!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Soooo Disappointed!, September 2, 2014
Pamela W. Salisbury (Syracuse, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased the ACT Nordictrack Elliptical Trainer in 8/2010. I had used a nordictrak skier for many years and was impressed with the quality and ease of maintanence, so when I needed another machine I went with their Elliptical machine. Now after very light use over the past 4 years, it needs a new resistance motor and eddy mechanism. The parts and labor will add up to more than I originally paid for the machine. To say I am disappointed is a great understatement. I would never recommend this machine and if you do buy a machine from anyone, it may be wise to purchase the long term maintance coverage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Damaged product Horrible service, March 14, 2014
Bought this last Aug. Paid extra for delivery and set up. Frame is bent, pedals angle to the left so it feels like you're in a right turn, several screws sheared of by installers, makes grinding and thumping noise. Repair tech is in another state, only offers to come on weekends. Seven months, can't use it, get it repaired or return it. Buyer beware.