Can the Nordic Ware Bundt Pan be used for Angel Food Cake??? Hi,
I need an angel food cake pan and found a couple that look good on amazon, but it would be nice to have one nice pan that could do both bundt cake and angel food cake (esp. since I have to bring them overseas). I've only ever used an angel food cake pan for angel food cake, so I didn't know if that's possible. Does anyone have any insights on whether you can make angel food cake in this bundt pan? Thanks so much in advance!
asked by Amazon Customer on May 15, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
vote
I recommend the kingarthurflour.com website for this question. Their bakers will chat online with you or you can leave a question after chat hours are over. They will answer promptly. The angel food pan is taller than a bundt pan, and the the center hole is taller still. I have baked bundt recipes in the angel food pan but not vice versa. I have lived overseas so I understand your quandary. If I were a regular angel-food baker and had to choose, I would take the angel-food pan.
CLM answered on December 28, 2012

A
votes
I'm no expert but I don't think I'd try it. Angel Food cake doesn't require any pan preparation, no grease or flour. I usually have to slide a knife, gently, around the side of the angel food cake to release it from the pan, not sure what would happen with this pan.
I wish someone who does know the answer would let us know.
Kathy Vance answered on October 30, 2012

A
[Deleted by the author on Oct 30, 2012 5:29:34 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›