Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on April 26, 2008
We set this tent up in our back yard before we went camping just to see how easy it was to set up. Set up was real easy and we loved how much space there was to walk around inside but it rained within two hours of set up and we noticed leaks dripping at the seams. Not that much water to worry about but a new tent shouldn't leak period. The winds got a bit stronger (20 to 30 MPH gusts) and the tent kept folding in not really a problem to readjust as it springs back with a gentle push from inside. You will get wet inside until you do the adjustment since the rain fly doesn't cover the whole tent since it's in two sections and will allow rain to come in no matter how many times you adjust it. Standing outside in the rain adjusting the rain fly every time the wind hits is not my Idea of a fun camping trip.

We bought this tent for the extra room inside and that it has but will not take it anywhere where the chance of rain may occur. Last year we had a two man tent and it rained two days straight on our trip we stayed dry but felt very cramped inside the two man tent thus the reason why we opted for more room. Very sorry we bought this tent and before we even go camping next month we will be buying yet another tent without using this one even one time for camping.

Overall problem the tent is spacious but the poles/tiedowns to hold it up don't work well in stormy weather and you will get wet.
on April 21, 2008
We took this tent camping in the FL Keys for a week in April. We set it up in the backyard and waterproofed it before we left. It's pretty easy to set up - my husband did it by himself - just needed help getting the fly over the main room.

The tent is extremely spacious with plenty of head room for dressing. We put a tall queen sized mattress in the back room and had a couple feet of space all the way around it. We had two twin mattresses in the main room with lots of space left for storage and a wide path down the middle. We loved the hanging shelves for storing ditty bags, small electronics, chargers, sunscreen, bug spray, etc. The little front porch was great for a bit of shade in the afternoons. The HUGE windows allow for plenty of ventilation.

Our first night we were awaken at 4 am by gale force winds of about 40-50 mph. Our screen room (separate) was destroyed, but this tent survived! The second night we were awaken at 2 am by a horrific storm that stalled on top of us for about 2 hours. We were inundated with thunder, lightening, strong winds, and torrential rains. We did get a bit of water inside, especially from the side windows in the main room. Also, the fly for the small room lays on the tent in the center and that allowed water to accumulate and drip in on us - although not in any great amount. Most importantly, this tent survived!

My only other complaint is that the floor is a bit thin. There was large gravel on our site and it made small holes in the floor. I suppose next time we will sweep all the gravel away before we set the tent up.

Overall, we were very pleased with this tent. And yes, the weather was fantastic after those first two nights!
on March 13, 2015
I bought this tent at Sam's Club because Nordic Cross is a known quantity and the price was right. It was not easy to set up. It took a friend and myself an hour and a half or two hours to get it set up. The instructions were not exactly concise. I bought a set of colored tape from Wal Mart to color code the poles to make it easier to figure out where they went. It still required some figuring out, though. Once erected it made a fine shelter during dry temperate weather. It is roomy and airy. However, the least amount of rain will permeate through the fabric and dampen the interior. Heavier rains mist right through. I had to seek shelter from a normal rain storm by ducking inside my sleeping bag. Following a night of rain, there were large puddles of water in the floor. I haven't gone camping since my last rain-soaked misadventure and am currently shopping for a new and better tent.
review image review image
on April 4, 2010
I tried to use this as a base camp tent for field work in New Mexico. It lasted about two week. The wind completely ripped the tether strings off of the rain fly and the back room was unrepairable as the extended dome windows had ripped off. I attempted to sow it back together but the poles snapped at the next breeze and tore through the ceiling. The larger section held up though. This is probably an ok tent for nice weather as long as it is protected from the wind. There are more stable ones for the price though.