Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dungeon Lords MMXII [Download]
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on June 8, 2013
I own the original Dungeon Lords, and while I really wanted to like that game, tons of stupid glitches and obvious unfinished UI and other things (like no in-game music) made me drop the game and move on with my life. So I see this "Dungeon Lords 2012" and I see the improvements; improvements that should have been there from the beginning - and I think maybe it'd be worth giving this game another shot one day.

So here we are. Amazon has a pre-Summer PC game sale, and the price is totally right! I take the plunge and buy a second copy of this blasted game, well at least I thought as much. After playing Dungeon Lords '12, I can honestly say that Nordic more or less fixed everything that I thought was wrong with the original release. It's actually worth playing now.

First off, the music. There's actual music now! Good music, too. Although I do miss the original title music from DL; that theme was suitably rocking. Still, a complete soundtrack is better than one awesome ditty and nothing else.

The graphics now support HD resolutions and widescreen, which is a solid modern update. The devs used a strange filtering on the models and textures which is not the best thing. I almost would have preferred they kept the textures from the original; although pixelated they had more 'soul'. At least the option to toggle this texture filtering off would have been nice.

And finally, the bugs, glitches and respawn rate. In the original game, the whole deal was shot. Critical bugs hindered my enjoyment. Weird respawn glitches had me fighting armies of game-hitching baddies every 5-7 seconds at best. This game fixes all of those things. Improved inventory allows you to get to your magicks and healing faster, making combat more manageable too.

I am glad I picked this update up. It felt good to uninstall the old version of this game, and stick this into my Steam collection instead. Maybe I'll finally get around to finishing this game now!
on August 23, 2013
This game seems like it is very fun and I wanted to enjoy it. But the glitches make it impossible to have fun or even progress in the game. I can't even get out of the first area because of how buggy it is. It constantly crashes. When it doesn't do that, an NPC who is vital to completing a quest often won't spawn. And when I reload a save game, my character immediately dies for no reason. I've tried looking for support on the company forums and got none. Don't buy this game.
on November 19, 2013
I was looking forward to an updated, re released version of Dungeon Lords. When first playing the game, there were quite a few changes with menu configurations, but I decided that that was only a minor inconvenience. However, I am unable to get past the first part of the game (the sewer gate won't open). Unless someone addresses this issue, do not buy this game, I've spent $40 dollars overall on various re releases of this game. Just avoid it.

(Update as of 2014-06-10, international date format) After tinkering around with a few settings, I was able to fix some of the issues by running this game as administrator, and the last test I ran fixed the problem I had previously, so at least now the game is playable. There are still major bugs though and I honestly still do not feel comfortable giving this game another chance.
on January 5, 2013
If you bought the Collectors Edition, stop there. While the idea behind the revisions of this game were good, they were sloppily done. Weapons change in mid combat without notice. After about level 20, new spells won't add to your book. It says "INVENTORY FULL" and of course it's not. Camp fires are usless along with a few other things that NOW just take up space and make the download larger than it has to be. The company has started adding patches already. After a half dozen or so more the game may be worth buying again. Right now, I reccomend you don't.
on December 31, 2012
It is far better than the original which was unplayable drek! This is actually very good, the game that I hoped the first one would be. It has a good story line which is important to me. The map is bad tho. The world map is not sizable which is a problem. Also, newer games have taken the Civilization trick of revealing the game as you search, which is also better. The graphics are also a bit dated. Still, I have been playing for over 30 hours and have not finished it yet. There are plenty of side quests to do. If you want a good, cheap, rpg, with a good story, this is worth getting.
VINE VOICEon July 6, 2013
There is a lot to do in this game. I purchased this game during one of the amazon sales really knowing nothing about this game or its history and I soon found myself dozens of hours invested into this game. Just be warned though this is a classic RPG, there is not any hand holding to make finding quest locations easier. You will need to read/listen to what is going on and have to figure things out. There are a lot of good guides online if you happen to get stuck.
on October 16, 2013
still the same buggy game as when I first bought it years ago. Game won't reload and I have to restart my PC every time I try to play, Avoid this P.O.S. game at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on February 27, 2014
I bought this game because I have the original thinking it would be an upgrade from the original but their is major bugs. Just dont buy it. It's a waist of $15
on October 27, 2013
I like the original game better. too many changes to the character screen...I like nor changing disks for getting to different areas, but thats about all.
on December 19, 2014