4.0 out of 5 stars Nordic Games finishes the work that Heuristic started...
Published 13 months ago by Wild Ali

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy this game it's a scam!!
I bought this game because I have the original thinking it would be an upgrade from the original but their is major bugs. Just dont buy it. It's a waist of $15
Published 4 months ago by Jacob Fortin

4.0 out of 5 stars Nordic Games finishes the work that Heuristic started..., June 8, 2013
This review is from: Dungeon Lords MMXII [Download] (Software Download)
I own the original Dungeon Lords, and while I really wanted to like that game, tons of stupid glitches and obvious unfinished UI and other things (like no in-game music) made me drop the game and move on with my life. So I see this "Dungeon Lords 2012" and I see the improvements; improvements that should have been there from the beginning - and I think maybe it'd be worth giving this game another shot one day.

So here we are. Amazon has a pre-Summer PC game sale, and the price is totally right! I take the plunge and buy a second copy of this blasted game, well at least I thought as much. After playing Dungeon Lords '12, I can honestly say that Nordic more or less fixed everything that I thought was wrong with the original release. It's actually worth playing now.

First off, the music. There's actual music now! Good music, too. Although I do miss the original title music from DL; that theme was suitably rocking. Still, a complete soundtrack is better than one awesome ditty and nothing else.

The graphics now support HD resolutions and widescreen, which is a solid modern update. The devs used a strange filtering on the models and textures which is not the best thing. I almost would have preferred they kept the textures from the original; although pixelated they had more 'soul'. At least the option to toggle this texture filtering off would have been nice.

And finally, the bugs, glitches and respawn rate. In the original game, the whole deal was shot. Critical bugs hindered my enjoyment. Weird respawn glitches had me fighting armies of game-hitching baddies every 5-7 seconds at best. This game fixes all of those things. Improved inventory allows you to get to your magicks and healing faster, making combat more manageable too.

I am glad I picked this update up. It felt good to uninstall the old version of this game, and stick this into my Steam collection instead. Maybe I'll finally get around to finishing this game now!

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 1/2 stars, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Dungeon Lords MMXII [Download] (Software Download)
It is far better than the original which was unplayable drek! This is actually very good, the game that I hoped the first one would be. It has a good story line which is important to me. The map is bad tho. The world map is not sizable which is a problem. Also, newer games have taken the Civilization trick of revealing the game as you search, which is also better. The graphics are also a bit dated. Still, I have been playing for over 30 hours and have not finished it yet. There are plenty of side quests to do. If you want a good, cheap, rpg, with a good story, this is worth getting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy this game it's a scam!!, February 27, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't escape first area, November 19, 2013
This review is from: Dungeon Lords MMXII [Download] (Software Download)
I was looking forward to an updated, re released version of Dungeon Lords. When first playing the game, there were quite a few changes with menu configurations, but I decided that that was only a minor inconvenience. However, I am unable to get past the first part of the game (the sewer gate won't open). Unless someone addresses this issue, do not buy this game, I've spent $40 dollars overall on various re releases of this game. Just avoid it.

(Update as of 2014-06-10, international date format) After tinkering around with a few settings, I was able to fix some of the issues by running this game as administrator, and the last test I ran fixed the problem I had previously, so at least now the game is playable. There are still major bugs though and I honestly still do not feel comfortable giving this game another chance.

1.0 out of 5 stars dungeon lords MMXII, October 27, 2013
This review is from: Dungeon Lords MMXII [Download] (Software Download)
I like the original game better. too many changes to the character screen...I like nor changing disks for getting to different areas, but thats about all.

1.0 out of 5 stars buggy game, October 16, 2013
Scott Meyer (chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dungeon Lords MMXII [Download] (Software Download)
still the same buggy game as when I first bought it years ago. Game won't reload and I have to restart my PC every time I try to play, Avoid this P.O.S. game at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Bugs Make It Unplayable, August 23, 2013
This review is from: Dungeon Lords MMXII [Download] (Software Download)
This game seems like it is very fun and I wanted to enjoy it. But the glitches make it impossible to have fun or even progress in the game. I can't even get out of the first area because of how buggy it is. It constantly crashes. When it doesn't do that, an NPC who is vital to completing a quest often won't spawn. And when I reload a save game, my character immediately dies for no reason. I've tried looking for support on the company forums and got none. Don't buy this game.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a fun class RPG, July 6, 2013
Bruno (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Dungeon Lords MMXII [Download] (Software Download)
There is a lot to do in this game. I purchased this game during one of the amazon sales really knowing nothing about this game or its history and I soon found myself dozens of hours invested into this game. Just be warned though this is a classic RPG, there is not any hand holding to make finding quest locations easier. You will need to read/listen to what is going on and have to figure things out. There are a lot of good guides online if you happen to get stuck.

2.0 out of 5 stars CE IS BETTER, January 5, 2013
This review is from: Dungeon Lords MMXII [Download] (Software Download)
If you bought the Collectors Edition, stop there. While the idea behind the revisions of this game were good, they were sloppily done. Weapons change in mid combat without notice. After about level 20, new spells won't add to your book. It says "INVENTORY FULL" and of course it's not. Camp fires are usless along with a few other things that NOW just take up space and make the download larger than it has to be. The company has started adding patches already. After a half dozen or so more the game may be worth buying again. Right now, I reccomend you don't.

3.0 out of 5 stars improvement, but..., April 21, 2013
what an un-epic ending.
I do appreciate the new leveling system. It was overhauled, simplified, and useable. Also incorporating spell learning into the leveling was actually fun, along with an equally enjoyable spell system overhaul. However, it became useless to try to buy more spells: you have to be at a certain level to learn a spell, but when you achieve that level, you learn it anyway. I guess I could have went into one of the other magic genres to necessitate having to buy spells, as you only learn the type of magic associated with the character type (fighter, magic, thief, etc.). I chose the fighter to learn the type of magic I was interested in, and I really ruined it for myself doing that.
Also the two-handed perk didn't function: I could not equip my character with two weapons, even though I learned two-handed for large weapons. Couldn't even equip 2 daggers.
The came could also be a bit more linear. You can leave out the other end of key dungeons and not pick up items necessary to complete the game. One time playing through, I forgot something and "completed" this dungeon, got stuck later in the game, spent days and days and after the mindless frustration of running around fighting rat armies in towns and funny things like that I finally started a new game.
Meh.