Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Style Name: Half Sheet|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 17, 2011
Be sure to read this whole review because there is a very happy ending!!

First the things I like...the pan is nice and heafty and well balanced. It's made in the USA. It heats evenly and does a great job baking cookies, and other dough items....actually everything I've baked on it. Now my big beef with this product! I wouldn't feel comfortable putting any food DIRECTLY on this pan. Every time you wash it...(and I do follow recommended instructions and wash by hand)...everything turns a muddy gray...the sponge, the rinse water, your hands, everything. It's even hard to wash the gray off your hands after your done. I hate that so just won't let food actually cook on the surface. I'll always use parchment paper. Don't trust all that gray metallic colored residue that comes off in the washing process.

Update Feb 20, 2012: I sent Nordic Ware an e-mail asking if they could explain the reason for all the gray metal color all over everything when I wash this pan. I told them I was very happy to buy a pan made in the USA and the product did perform flawlessly. I was just concerned about all the leaching of whatever it is. Never got a reply.

Update Nov 19, 2012: After almost a year someone commented on my feedback suggesting I try contacting Nordic Ware customer service again. Thank you Bon!! I felt it only fair to try again since so many people love this sheet. Low and behold I received a quick reply. After explaining the situation, they e-mailed a form to fill out and mail in. I just got an e-mail saying they received it, reviewed the information, and they're sending me a new pan because THE GRAYING I'M EXPERIENCING IS NOT NORMAL. I don't know what happened to my original e-mails but based on THIS customer service experience with Nordic, I'd say it was a flawless experience. The service was friendly, quick, and fair. As soon as I receive the new sheet, I'll wash it, use it, wash it one more time and then report back. I suspect it will be a totally different experience this time....the way we do it here IN THE USA!!!!

Update Dec 3, 2012: I have received the replacement half sheet. After washing several times I have no problem with gray residue. I'm convinced the first sheet I received was defective. This one is perfect...just what I expected from Nordic Ware. This is a company no one should ever be concerned about dealing with. They stand behind their products and, not only deliver quality products, but back them with quality customer service. I'm a believer.
4444 comments|1,226 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2007
Sick of cheapie "cookie sheets" that buckle when you use them and only last a couple of years? Spend a little and get a pro 1/2 sheet pan. It's very sturdy and will probably last a home user a lifetime (heck, they last years in commercial kitchens). Fits in standard home ovens.
88 comments|229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2009
Every single other cookie/baking sheet I've owned has made that dreaded "bong" sound within minutes of being put in an oven hotter than 300 degrees. It's annoying, it makes the food slide around, and it cannot be good for the pan to warp and unwarp like that. So this time I went looking for professional bakeware. I love Nordic Ware; they make quality stuff without charging you an arm and a leg. These work perfectly. They fit well into my standard home oven (plenty of space around it for proper air circulation), they brown my cookies beautifully on the bottom, and the rolled edge seems pretty sturdy. The only negative thing I will say is the gauge could be a little thicker. I'm used to Nordic Ware products being extremely heavy; and while these are certainly heavier than your average cookie sheet, they are not as heavy as I expected. Batch after batch of holiday cooking doesn't lie, however. Everything has come out perfect, so maybe the gauge isn't such a big deal after all.

Just a side note, whenever I cook something on any cookie/baking sheet, I always cover it in parchment or foil. It makes clean up easier, and spares the pans the greasy, ever-darkening coating of oil otherwise needed. I would suggest it personally.
33 comments|320 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2011
I just got two of these and it was love at first sight. They are heavy duty and are very well made.

Here's more detailed size information.

Inside dimension (where the food will go) - 11.5" x 8.25"

Outside dimension - 13" x 9.75"

unfortunately, it does not fit in my toaster oven.

11/15/11 update - still use it and no rust (some cheap aluminum tends to rust. there are large stains from cooking, but i use them all the time. i love them and will get new ones when these go. i wash them in the dishwasher every time. so far, i've probably washed them 30-40 times. still love them.

2/1/13 update - still no rust. large dark spots that are somewhat sticky even after they have been in the dishwasher. i use them often. tried to use EasyOff to clean it really well, but does not work as good as i hoped. But i use them for bacon, cooking fish, asparagus, etc.... would buy them again.
2121 comments|189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2011
I was looking to buy a half sheet because I wanted to make focaccia bread and my 2 Good Cook cookie sheets are very shallow and narrow. I was hesitant on buying this one because my single wall oven is quite small. But I thought, what the heck, I'll just return it if it doesn't fit. I ordered one and was amazed when I got it. The pan is very thick and quite heavy... and made in the USA! Very rare, nowadays. Best of all, it fits perfectly in my oven!!! I've made chocolate sheet cake beautifully with no sticking (I sprayed the pan with PAM then sprinkled flour). The pan is very shiny and pretty so I use nonstick baking mats everytime I bake scones, cookies and messy stuff like cinnamon rolls. I ordered one more so I have 2 of these pans now!

For those with single wall ovens, the base of this pan measures 11.5 x 16.5. It is 13x8 with the tapered sides included. Love these pans! I will order the smaller ones too.
review image review image review image review image
11 comment|109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I searched for a sheet pan that would meet my criteria: aluminum or stainless, NOT nonstick, made in the USA, and sturdy enough to last me at least 20 years, hopefully more. I didn't buy this with the intention of using it for cookies, only for making sheet cakes, but one day I ran out of room on my Williams-Sonoma flat cookie sheets and used this for the last batch. It outperformed my WS baking sheets by a mile! I paid twice as much per sheet for the WS pans, and after only 1 year of use they don't look so new anymore. This pan is amazing. I used it for sugar cookies today, and since I only have one I had to use one of the WS pans as well. I covered both sheets with parchment paper like the recipe called for, and the Nordic Ware went in the oven first. When they came out the bottoms were lightly browned, the cookies perfectly done. I took the second sheet out (the WS) after the same amount of time, and although the tops looked good, the bottoms were too brown. I would not have believed that a ten dollar pan (I found these for less at my local grocery store) could outperform what I thought was the best baking sheet I could find, but the Nordic Ware kicks butt! I like this so much that I plan to buy two more of them and use them as my go-to cookie sheets. They are also fantastic for baking french fries if you put a cooling rack inside, so the fries don't have to lie in their own grease. Easy to clean up and lightweight yet sturdy. You can use them to roast other fruits and veggies as well, like squash, cherry tomatoes, and even sweet potato fries. And of course, they are great sheet pans. I love this company. I plan to buy one of their bundt pans, too. Excellent value and made in America!
11 comment|166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2009
I like these pans. I know there are several other models out there, but these are about as cheap as any and are made in Minnesota. The sheets are thick, haven't warped, and are perfectly nice in every way.
0Comment|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2015
I just bought these from costco at a better deal but they are definitely quality! I did a comparison with my old sheets... Side by side in the oven and used storebought cookie dough (kind that comes in little portioned squares). The cookies on my old sheet started burning on the bottom so I took them out a few minutes earlier than the nordicware. The nordicware cooked the cookie perfectly. they came out rounder and did not start burning on the bottom like the ones on my old sheet.
review image
on January 17, 2014
I recently purchased one half sheet & one full sheet and I'm at a loss for words. When I first received the sheets, I was very impressed with what seemed like quality products for the price point. After all, the products are rated quite highly on Amazon for the most part. However, I decided to wash the pans before baking with them and I'm very confused by what happened when the sheets came into contact with water. I don't know if I did something wrong or whether the pans are defective, but after using mild dish soap and warm water on the pans, they immediately became grimy and covered with muddy black streaks. For some bizarre reason both baking sheets immediately became very sooty and dirty-looking. It actually seemed like the metal deteriorated upon contact with the water. Even more concerning is the fact that the white cloth I used to dry the baking sheets immediately turned a blackish gray color. After drying the sheets, I noticed that both baking sheets had become permanently discolored. The pans also seem to have lost some of their rigidity and might've even warped a little. Despite being brand new, the 2 pans look like ancient baking sheets that have been abused over time. Given what my cloth looked like after wiping the sheets down, I would not feel comfortable eating anything that came into direct contact with the baking sheets. Accordingly, I definitely recommend lining the sheets with aluminum foil or something to prevent any residue or soot from rubbing off on your food.
66 comments|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2012
I bought this pan a couple months ago, and I loved it from first use. It did not warp while I was baking cookies, and the cookies came out more evenly cooked than I have had in years! I have since been using a Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Jelly Roll Pan Baking Mat, 11-Inch by 17-Inch with it, and I am the happiest baker now. Nothing sticks, nothing slides. I make cookies every week now, instead of only once a year at Christmas.

I did have one problem with the pan, though it was my fault. Please READ the little paper that comes with the pan. It says clearly that the pan can react to acids, like vinegar, and might pit or corrode. I did not read it, and made salt and vinegar smashed potatoes on it one day. I am embarrassed to say I left the pan on my stove overnight, and the next morning found it had, in fact, begun to pit from the vinegar. I threw the pan away...

And then I bought two more! It's too great a pan not to have. I just won't use vinegar around it(or perhaps will just clean it sooner?)