5.0 out of 5 stars Love It
Published on November 17, 2012 by Quitty Wit

2.0 out of 5 stars cake pops
This was my first time using a cake pop baking pan. I tried a couple batches and didn't have very good luck with the cake pops not sticking. Followed all instructions and greased and floured pan. Did nor work.
Published 14 months ago by Carina DiMolfetta

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, November 17, 2012
This review is from: Nordic Ware Cake Pops Baking Pan,Blue (Kitchen)
I finally got around to using mine and my pops turned out great. I used a box of Betty Crocker yellow cake mix (I used half the required oil and added 6oz of apple sauce; I also added 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 tsp baking powder) and this worked well. I filled the bottom half all the way to top and cleaned any excess batter from around each section. I used butter to thoroughly grease both halves of the pan and dusted with all purpose flour; I used pam at first, but found that the pops had an oily taste. I baked the pops at 350 degrees for 10-15 mins;there's an air hole on the top half and a little batter was visible, so I could tell if the pops were done or needed more time based on the color of the batter at top of the hole (hope this makes sense). There was a slight edge on each pop, but I just rubbed it off with my fingers;it's not that visible once you dip them in chocolate. To decorate, I put room temp pops in a pan in the freezer for at least 10 mins. I then dipped the tip of my sticks in chocolate and inserted them in pops. I put them back in the freezer for 3-5 mins to set up and then dipped in the candy melts; if the pops aren't cold enough, they will fall off the sticks when you try to swirl them in the candy melts. In short, I absolutely love this product and find it easy to use. I like not having to add frosting (added calories and sugar)and rolling out the balls. The only con is that you can't shape them how you want, but a little creativity can still produce a nice design. I will try to post pictures of the cake pops I made (I made them for a "Brown Bear... What Do You See?" birthday theme.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this pan!! Perfect sized cake pops!, November 19, 2012
This review is from: Nordic Ware Cake Pops Baking Pan,Blue (Kitchen)
I bought this cake pop pan, as well as the Telebrands pan, so I could try both and make more than one batch at a time. I like this pan better because 1) the cake pops are a little smaller (better for bite sized), 2) the clips to attach both sides of the pan are attached (so I cant lose them), and 3) overall I feel like the cake baked better in this pan. The Telebrands pan came with some helpful hints though... which included add one extra egg to the cake batter, swap milk for water in the recipe (and only use 1/2 the amount), and add a bag of pudding mix to the batter. I also baked them for a few minutes less than the recipe says, which worked well for my oven (and me).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pan!, June 6, 2013
C. Tien (Waltham, MA) - See all my reviews
I have used it 3 times now. These are the things I have learnt:

1) Grease before use. Use butter, butter/flour, or cooking spray. Top and bottom.
2) Wash, dry, and grease between batches, or your cakes will stick.
3) I've used 2 different recipes and I've had to fill past 1/2 for the cake to cook into a perfect sphere. The holes in the tops are nice for spill overs, and also for using a toothpick to test done-ness of your cakes. (Mine have needed about 10 min)
4) Do not use cookie sheet under the cake pan. Simply place a sheet of aluminum foil to catch over flow if it's your first time using it, and you aren't sure how much batter to use.

I've been handwashing mine, not using the dish washer. The pretty blue paint has chipped off a little bit on the bottoms of the cake rounds but this does not impact the performance of this cake pan. The cakes come out easily if you grease the pan, with little Saturn rings around them that peel off really easily.

I did not use this pan for cake pops. I used them to make multi-colored cake balls that I baked into a bigger cake, so that when you cut the big cake open you have polka dots. It's a great effect that everybody loves. I have no complaints about this cake pan. I love it, and my 2 year old loves the little cake balls that come out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slight learning curve for newby's, May 7, 2013
This review is from: Nordic Ware Cake Pops Baking Pan,Blue (Kitchen)
Wasn't sure what to expect, since I have newer tried to make pop cakes. The directions should be a lot for specific as to the do's and don'ts. It took about 3 tries in the same day to get it right. I put strawberry jam in the center of each pop and it did quite well. DON'T over load what ever you use to "grease" the pan with. Cooking spray will bubble out into the oven and make a huge black smokey mess. Wipe oil in the cups instead. ALWAYS re grease the pans everytime you make a batch. There is a seam which is to be expected but once you frost them they are absolutely perfect. I love the little latches used to keep the pans closed very simple to use. I think it's a really good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to clean and use, October 10, 2012
clairetychen (Gainesville, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nordic Ware Cake Pops Baking Pan,Blue (Kitchen)
I just tried to make my first cake pops and I was successful. The pan is very easy to clean. I used PAM to coat the baking pan and none of my cake pops stuck. The recipe came with the baking pan was very easy to follow and it tasted great! Just follow the instructions come with the pan and you'll do just fine. The only thing I must caution you is that there will be a line/edge form between the two half circles. I took a pair of scissors and trim off the edges while the cake pops were still warm. It worked very well for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nordic Ware Cake Pops Baking Pan, October 8, 2012
This review is from: Nordic Ware Cake Pops Baking Pan,Blue (Kitchen)
Great baking pan to easily make cake pops. The pan cleans up easily in the dish washer. Perfect to make bite-sized desserts for parties. The pan arrived intact and in the time promised.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, February 20, 2013
This review is from: Nordic Ware Cake Pops Baking Pan,Blue (Kitchen)
Pros: Little adorable balls of cake! (I can't get the hang of putting it on the stick without the stick pushing through, but that's a user error)
There are little holes in the top of each ball mold that allow you to insert a toothpick and test for doneness.

Cons/quirks: The outer coating will scratch with sliding it in and out of the oven. This has not had any effect on how it works.
It wouldn't be hard to bend the little slides that keep it closed while baking, but it's also not hard to bend them back.
If cake builds up in the pan or around the edges of the deppressions in the pan, it must be cleaned off before the next batch, if not, it will make it difficult to slide the little closures into place.
You MUST use nonstick cooking spray. (not really a con, but you have to remember this)
Until you get the hang of how much goes in each one, you will have little cake "caps" to pull off when it comes out of the oven, but it's a good way to taste the cake.
It takes forever to get through a batch of cake batter with just one pan.

And even though it seems like I have a lot of cons, I love this pan. The finished products are fun and adorable and my 3 year old has a blast decorating them. I've made several different kinds of cake in it and all of them have been big hits. It's just a time consuming endeavor each time. I should probably get an additional pan.

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy!, October 21, 2013
This review is from: Nordic Ware Cake Pops Baking Pan,Blue (Kitchen)
I am so happy with this pan! I just made my first batch of cake pops and they turned our perfectly first time!

I did a bit of research online and found a blog post with photos of this pan in use and so I decided to buy it. I took some advice from people and brushed cooking oil on both sides of the pan and also sieved a thin layer of flour too. I used my own cake batter mix and over filled the bottom layer slightly as I was worried it would not rise high enough to form a ball. I baked on quite a low heat 150 celcius for 20 mins. Tested it with a skewer through the top hole of the pan. When I took the pan out of the oven, I left it well alone to cool down for about 30 mins. The top of the pan lifted easily off with the balls of cake intact! I could easily remove each cake ball without breaking it. Yes, there is a thin circle of cake around the middle where the batter seeps between the pans, but it was easy to remove with a small serrated knife.

I think I will have to buy another pan as well as these will be a regular treat in our house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Specialty Baking Pan, March 27, 2013
This review is from: Nordic Ware Cake Pops Baking Pan,Blue (Kitchen)
I ordered this to make it easier on me when I need to make a large quantity of cake balls. I also really liked that this was a "Made in USA" product.
It took a bit of experimenting to get everything quite right. Though it is a nonstick surface you definitely have to put Baker's Joy or something similar on both the bottom and top pans (I forgot to do the top once and it destroyed quite a few cake balls.)
I found that I really liked that the interior is a light color, it made it so much easier to find the still dirty spots while cleaning.
My only issues is that I wish it made more in one go. A box of cake mix can make about 48 of these cake balls. And while it took 13 minutes to cook thoroughly without too much browning, it took another 5-10 minutes too let the pan cool enough I could touch it.
I'll likely just buy another pan, but it's something to keep in mind.
Overall, I'm glad I made the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cake pops!!!, May 23, 2014
This review is from: Nordic Ware Cake Pops Baking Pan,Blue (Kitchen)
I have a plug-in cake pop maker but this is much eaiser and quicker! I am very pleased with this product. I actually bought two so I can make more at one time. Also, I used a non-stick cooking spray on both the top and bottom.

Nordic Ware Cake Pops Baking Pan,Blue