5.0 out of 5 stars 21 YEARS of constant use and STILL a PERFECT PAN!
I have used the same NordicWare Pro Cast Original Bundt Pan for OVER 21 years with NO problems! (I bought this one as a gift for my Daughter and she is enjoying the same success.) Nordic Ware Pro Cast Original Bundt Pan. But you should NEVER USE ANY KIND OF SOAP on your NordicWare pans!!
After you have removed the cake, simply fill the HOT pan with tap water and...
Published on August 17, 2010 by Getitright

3.0 out of 5 stars Total capacity is 5 cups
The description is incorrect. The total capacity for the two pans is 5 cups (1.8 liters). It is not 6 cups.
Published 21 months ago by supernati

5.0 out of 5 stars 21 YEARS of constant use and STILL a PERFECT PAN!, August 17, 2010
After you have removed the cake, simply fill the HOT pan with tap water and let it sit a few minutes, Now use a SOFT BRUSH (the Way Clean 33030 Bottle Brush is AWESOME!) to swirl around inside the pan of water to loosen all crumbs. Rinse pan and set upside down in still hot oven. When dry, it is ready to use again!
Also, food release spray is ALL I use and my cakes NEVER stick. (Amazon carries a GREAT one: MOTHER'S Olive Oil Pan Coating , 6-Ounce Units (Pack of 4) which I use on ALL my pans - on the cook top or in the oven.) Here's the secret: HEAT the Bundt pan in the OVEN as it preheats! Then (when batter is ready) remove the pan, spray well all over inside the hot pan. (Spray may pool in the bottom of the pan - no problem!) Pour in your batter and bake immediately.
When the cake is done, set it on top of a cake box or other cardboard box to cool for 10 minutes. Line a jellyroll pan with parchment paper and tap the cooled cake firmly (upside down) over the paper. It will fall out perfectly. Now fill the hot pan with tap water, etc. for the next time.
Following this method will insure you a LIFETIME of glorious SUCCESS with your NordicWare Bundt pan! ENJOY!!
(This pan holds 12 cups of batter, so it makes a LARGE cake unless you fill it just halfway and make two cakes.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another success, December 15, 2003
C. Bixel "bixel4" (Renton, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nordic Ware Pro Cast Bavaria Bundt Pan (Kitchen)
Another wonderful bundt pan by Nordic Ware. They have mastered the bundt pan market. I have several pans and all, including this one, bake evenly. Best of all they turn out of the pan in one piece with such detail. They look beautiful, there is really no special trick to get the cakes to unmold so nicely, but I have found that if I butter and flour the pan, then let the cake cool for twenty minutes before unmolding they come out great every time. You will only need a little powered sugar for decoration. I also recommend the star bundt by Nordic ware. It is perhaps a more stricking design than this pan, but, use both for variety.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty amazing little baking pan, August 23, 2006
KQ (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
I love this pan. From the first time I saw it displayed in the kitchen store, surrounded by raw sugar "sand" and a pail and shovel, I was charmed. My imagination took hold and I had to have it.

First of all, it bakes up just like any other bundt cake, so long as you get each nook and cranny of the pan interior with flour-added cooking spray. (It's right there on the grocer's shelf next to the regular spray.) If you do that one simple step, I guarantee that this cake will release from the pan perfectly every time! I like yellow cake for that sandy color - no need to frost this cake! Oh, and take care not to over-fill the pan... make a few extra cupcakes if you need to with any leftover batter.

Presentation options are endless! I use turbinado sugar "sand", sprinkled all over, and chocolate rocks for a natural look. I've added chocolate seashells for a beachy look, and once sugar cookie starfish... On another version, fondant "ladybugs" and "butterflies" frolicked about the castle walls. Don't forget to add flags to the turrets, especially if it's someone's birthday cake! Most of all, have fun and enjoy the compliments!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful full-sized bundt pan--and a tip, how NOT to PUNT your BUNDT, April 8, 2012
This review is from: Nordic Ware Pro Cast Bavaria Bundt Pan (Kitchen)
I prefer Bundt cakes to layer cakes, possibly it's laziness, as it's easier to drip glaze on a Bundt and also it's a lot simpler to carry, slice and serve it when traveling to some party or event. Plus I rather prefer pound-type cakes to fluffier ones. According to a video from America's Test Kitchen that I watched last week, the name "Bundt" comes from "gathered" meaning, it's replicating a turban, a Viennese tribute to the defeat of the Turks. And like turbans, there are a myriad of shapes and sizes. This pan is a classic, but has a swirl design that is quite attractive, and it's full sized (9 inch) because some of the very unusual shapes (roses, for example) are generally smaller pans and while convenient to bake for a small family, the usual recipes I have are for the larger pans. And if I'm baking a cake, I'm going to make LOTS of cake. You can always freeze some, and in any case, cakes should be shared.

This pan bakes evenly, it's heavy enough to prevent over browning on the edges. It makes about 18 servings, depending on how thickly you slice the cake.

Here's the hint that saved me literally from punting the bundt pan into the trash after one cake simply refused to release from the pan, and after I'd have a few stick in places, able to be mended with glaze, but irritating all the same. Are you ready? Melt a Tbs of butter and mix it with a Tbs of flour. Use a pastry brush and paint EVERY crevice with this thick mixture. The cake will fairly FLY out of the pan after you cool it on a rack and then invert it. I never saw a cake jump out of the pan that quickly. Not a divot to be seen. Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for your bakeware collection, May 16, 2009
karphi (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I was using a lower grade bundt pan for my pound cakes. No matter how well I prepared the pan (using shortening and dusted with flour), the baked cake always stuck to the pan. This pan is well worth the money. Cake bakes evenly with no cold spots and never, ever sticks. Cake slides out evenly with no difficulty. Makes a beautiful presentation. It washes up very nicely and is very durable. Will be very difficult to put a dent in this pan! I highly recommend this bakeware! Sorry I did not purchase it sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars A mighty little pan indeed!, February 13, 2007
Castle cakes! Castle cakes! Castle cakes! You have to admit it's fun to say. :D

This little bundt pan delivers! It pops out beautiful cakes in amazing detail. Using non-stick flour spray, I've have had no problems at all (and I've had a long history of cracked cakes from other pans). I've baked 6 cakes in the past week. Each one turned out fantastic and was a delight to decorate (we found out that cutting out the drawbridge further adds to the realism of the cake--plus you can put a little knight or gingerbread person inside).

The quality of this pan is also very impressive. It's made with a heavy metal alloy (not like the cheapy bundt cake pans I've seen at the store). It will most likely become an heirloom in my family. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifetime Item, February 18, 2003
George A. Yaklitch (Canton, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nordic Ware Pro Cast Bavaria Bundt Pan (Kitchen)
As with other bundt pans I rated, these are all the same except for the design. Heavy duty, impressive mass, and a good price will make this something to pass down. If you like a certain design then grab it. Nordic ware does retire it designs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, November 1, 2009
The pan is very good quality. It has enough substance to be handled with one hand when all the molds are filled. It is the perfect size for making small bundts serving 2 to 3 people each. The pan accommodates batter from a standard cake mix divided among the 4 small cakes. I suggest spraying with cooking oil before baking, and cleaning with a brush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect everytime!, December 26, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Nordic Ware Pro Cast Bavaria Bundt Pan (Kitchen)
When you bake with the Bavaria pan, you can be sure that the finished product is consistent in shape everytime. The pan bakes evenly and there is a crispness of form when the cake is unmolded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impress others with very little effort....YES!, December 26, 2006
Cat (nebraska) - See all my reviews
NordicWare castle cake pan is super easy to use (follow bundt-pan directions on cake mix.) Cake comes out perfectly with the cake showing all of the details on the pan. (follow bundt-pan directions on cake mix box.) Drizzle cake with melted frosting & crushed candies or seasonal-colored sprinkles to decorate (regular frosting would cover all the details.) Easy, easy, easy cake pan to use, and soooo easy to end up with a WOW looking dessert. Use your imagination on decorating...we did Candy Canes in the towers for a christmas cake. Guests were so impressed, they decided this is the new "traditional" Christmas Day dessert, then brainstormed about all the other ways castle could be decorated for other occasions & holidays (dream-fairy castle for a wedding shower, haunted castle for Halloween, Disney castle for a birthday party, etc.) My Suggestion: Search online for the best price. I originally saw the pan in an expensive gift catalog for $40 plus shipping, also found it in person at a large housewares chain store for $35. Then I bought the pan online for under $30, shipping included so if you're not in a hurry, shop it.

Nordic Ware Pro Cast Bavaria Bundt Pan