Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Clear|Change

on March 24, 2005
Looks great, carries well, lid locking mechanism is tight (although a bit sticky), and functions to keep the household cats from licking any frosting when you're not looking.

Unlike a previous reviewer, mine did arrive in one piece. That said, the plate cracked from the handle toward the center in one week (maybe from the stress of my hubby's constant helpings). Hopefully a manufacturing flaw, but since it is hard plastic (not soft Tupperware), it is more susceptible to cracking.
0Comment|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2004
The lid-lock is excellent, and this is perfect for carrying specialty bundt cakes for elementary school functions (or whatever). There is plenty of room for the Christmas tree bundt cake.

However, I must say that the claim regarding "High-impact clear plastic" doesn't apply to UPS shipping...if you get yours in one complete piece upon first shipping you are lucky.
on September 2, 2005
First order arrived cracked and broken. As Amazon always does: they provided a quick replacement.

Well, this replacement lasted all of two cakes. It split on the base and cracked. It now resides in the local landfill.
on December 9, 2005
I put a fairly warm pound cake on the bottom of the cake keeper---apparently too warm. Cracks developed from opposite edges and met in the middle,creating a separation and thereby rendering the keeper useless.
22 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2005
Like everyone else, apparently, my plate cracked after the first time I used it. It was never dropped or temperature shocked. Its really a shame because it is attractive, and would be really handy if it wasn't such garbage. You'd think something made by Nordic Ware would be better quality.
on November 5, 2005
Like several other reviews, mine cracked for the second cake I stored in it. Sounds like that is the norm for this product rather than an exception. Unfortunately, I haven't found another product as attractive in a durable plastic.
VINE VOICEon June 25, 2005
I cracked the cover the first time I opened it. I would be interested in a version of this with a more durable (& functional) plastic but this is a piece of garbage.

My only consolation is that I paid $9 instead of $22
on May 26, 2004
Owning a bundt cake keeper makes me feel like a Stepford Wife, but I have to admit that it works. The locking mechanism is sturdy, and thought has been put into the handles on the base and top.
on November 27, 2006
I loved this, but accidently dropped it and it cracked in three places. This product is not made of sturdy material.
on August 20, 2005
In reading all the other reviews, I must say mine has had no problems. It arrived in one piece. I've made cakes multiple times (sometimes in the space of days rather than weeks), it has fallen to the floor (accidentally - thank goodness it was not holding any cake) and not cracked. Aesthetically, it is a nice looking piece. Mind you, I never put the cake directly on the plastice. I use wax paper on the bottom (it's easy to cut to measurement since it has that nice ridge - hold down the wax paper, draw a circle, cut), so I don't know if that makes a difference. I use the paper to help keep cleanup to a minimum. And, I never put the cake keeper in the dishwasher.