5.0 out of 5 stars Made in USA!!!
I was impressed with the quality of this product. The picture doesn't do it justice. It's solid and seems very durable; something you'll have for years to come.

Published on December 6, 2007 by A. Spegel

2.0 out of 5 stars hard to get the lid off
I make lots of pies & quiches and this seemed like a great way to keep them from getting crushed in the fridge or in transit to a friend's house. The lid is such a pain to get off, though, that I'm always worried I'm going to accidentally toss the whole pie on the floor when opening it. I finally just tossed the thing and am in the market for something better.
Published on May 14, 2011 by M. B. Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Made in USA!!!, December 6, 2007
This review is from: Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Hi-Dome Covered Pie Pan (Kitchen)

The lid has slits, so the steam can leave the dome after baking. So it's not completely air tight. If that's an issue, you can always use plastic wrap or aluminum foil over the top before storing it away.

Last, but not least, you can feel good about buying this product, because it's made in the USA.
:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST pie pan ever!, September 3, 2010
I just received this recently, so I haven't baked a pie in it yet but the quality of this item is obvious. First, it is made in the U.S.A.! How often do you see that?

Second, it is large and heavy and the domed lid is substantial. It looks like it will last a lifetime and thensome. I love the large size because making pies is a lot of work, so I rather make a large one while I'm at it. We gobble them up so quickly!

I have a deep dish pie pan but I'm always worried about burning the crust because I feel I have to bake the pie much longer because of the depth of the filling. With this one, I can make an even larger pie and I don't think I will have to bake it that much longer because the filling is not quite as deep and should cook through faster.

I will have to adjust my recipes (not that difficult) because a pie made in this pan will require more filling than usual. When I make a chocolate cream pie, I double my chocolate pudding recipe but I always have some left over. I just filled the pan with 6 cups of water to see how much it holds, and there was still a little room left. My doubled recipe makes 6 cups of chocolate pudding so I think, even after making the crust, there will be enough room for all of it! And the domed lid allows a lot of room for piling the whipped cream on!

The domed lid has small openings to allow steam to escape from a freshly baked pie. As another reviewer mentioned, if that is a problem, the top can always be covered with a small piece of plastic wrap.

And, if you should have a smaller pie that you would like to take somewhere, these pans can also be used as "pie takers", as most smaller pies will fit inside. The only ones that I can think of that won't work are pans with handles, such as the glass ones with the little tab handles on the side.

The only downside I can think of is that, so far, I haven't been able to find a pie crust shield that is large enough to use for these pans. But I don't feel that is enough of a problem to deduct a star. The ones that I have that are supposed to be for 10" pies are too small.

I highly recommend these for anyone who appreciates quality kitchen equipment! I'm glad I bought two of them!

Edit: I just looked over the pie pans and the crust shields I have and I think I can make them work by resting them on the edge of the pan. They just won't hang over the edge like they do on other pans I have.

Edit, again! I made a chocolate cream pie in this pan and my 6 cups of chocolate pudding filled it perfectly, with none left over, even with the graham cracker crust I made. I also whipped up one QUART of heavy cream for the topping (we like our cream) and it all fit under the dome, so this should fit just about anything you can come up with. That huge pie is gone already, and it's just the two of us eating it!

Today, I will be making an apple pie in it and I will let you know just how many apples I used. I peeled, cored, and sliced a lot of them (14) just to make sure I can fill it up. The recipe does call for 12-14 as you cook them down before filling the pie. But I feel I may have too many, as they are large apples, and I will just bake the leftovers in a separate pan if need be. I just worked on getting my crust dough ready (used a recipe for a deep dish pie crust so it will roll out large enough) and we'll see what happens!

Edit, once more! All 14 apples fit in this pie and it was delicious!

5.0 out of 5 stars NordicWare Naturals Hi-Dme 10 inch Pie Pan, August 1, 2007
A great product. Protects pies & quiches. Easy to label and stack. Pie pan is a heavy aluminum. Plastic dome top is clear enough to see through & identify

5.0 out of 5 stars nice pie pan, April 10, 2007
This is a nice pie pan for high pies such as banana cream or choc cream since you can cover them and refrigerate without messing up the top. I think it was worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to find item!, February 15, 2008
A 10 inch pie pan is very hard to find and this pan is excellent. It has the double bottom that assures a evenly browned crust. If you bake pies this should be in your kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic Kitchen Addition, December 18, 2010
Ordered 5 for Thanksgiving as soon as I saw them. Heavy duty pans are a joy to work with, and the lids are sturdy and fit perfectly, kept in place snugly by tabs, but easily removed as needed. The domed lids preserve the integrity of the tallest of pies, and they are sturdy enough to stack pies, at least 3 high, if not more. The large size of the pans even allowed me to use one as a "storage device" for a tall cheescake that I baked in a spring-form pan.

With a downstairs fridge and a need to shuffle pies in, out, up and down for the days after Thanksgiving, this made the logistics of that easy, oh and yes, the pies baked up great in these super pans! When forming the edge of big double crust pies, just allow for the area where the lid meets the pan by leaving a little empty space on the outer edge of the pan.

I wish I had had these years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars This pie pan is great, July 3, 2007
If you are a pie baker and bake nice high pies this is the pie pan for you. I am always baking pies for different people so I bought 4 so that I can loan them out. They are really great!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 1, 2007
Baker (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
Great product ... could not find a 10" pie pan anywhere else. Prompt delivery. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Large Pie Pan, October 24, 2010
I had two old professional pie tins that had been in my family, and I would use them proudly and happily once or twice a year. Then, one of them somehow "disappeared" at my mother-in-law's house a few Thanksgivings ago. I was annoyed but didn't want to give her the satisfaction of asking about it repeatedly (yes, there are many, many issues.) I started to look around for a new one, and was shocked to immediately find this wonderful professional-sized (& weight) pan at my local variety store. I have to say, especially considering the lid that is provided, it is actually a little better than the one I lost. I think it is also maybe a quarter of an inch deeper too. So now, we have a second home and I figure it's time to get at least one more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pie Plate with Dome, April 7, 2013
Great design! You bake your pie and just pop on the dome lid and your out the door. Fits well and I have bought two.

Rate and Discover Movies