Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on February 15, 2011
I was intrigued by the title of the book. I was disappointed by the contents. This book is high on fear factors and prejudice and low on verifiable facts. Far from downplaying the risks of complex physical and chemical plants I still feel that this books lacks the data required for a serious piece of work and instead takes the easy route of scaremongering.
Since I prefer to back up my feelings with verifiable facts I checked out the author on the number of citations on publications in the scientific literature. Unfortunately these coincided with my own impressions. Very few references to this work, or any other scientific publication co-authored by this author, are made.
If you're afraid of nuclear reactors and DNA this book could become one of your Bibles. If you prefer argued scientific facts this book might not be the bed time reading you like.
on August 2, 2013
This book was inaccurate, wrong, and useless on every front. The author made so many technical errors in subjects that I understood, that I could only conclude that he made them in every area, which reduced my confidence in the book to zero. Additionally, the book is boring, an unforgivable sin, given the inherent excitement of the subject material.