Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on December 26, 2011
This motor was half the price of the other ones I found online. Even then I felt it was a lot to ask for a motor that would only be used a few times a year.

The construction quality was really poor. I went to attach the motor and noticed a rattling inside the housing. I thought it was an extra screw that had fallen in during assembly. When I took the housing apart I found it was TWO of the four motor mount screws that had come loose.

Put it all back together and tested it. Two speed switch gives low speed consistently. On high speed mode it jumps between low and high speed unless you hold the button down. Bad switch quality.

I'm sending this back for a replacement. Hopefully the next one won't be a clunker.

Update:
I got the replacement unit yesterday. Switch works, no rattle in the motor. Wife has a smile on her face. As long as it doesn't wear out quickly I'm happy so I'll add another star.
on August 11, 2013
I love home-made noodles, but making them can be a real pain... and the process is slow. Adding this motor allows me to use two hands to catch the flat wide noodle as it comes out of the machine. That means I can make a really long noodle before cutting it into separate pieces. The pieces then become lasagna. Narrower noodles like fettucine get made super quickly. So now I actually do make noodles maybe four times a year. It's not easy to store homemade lasagna noodles, but the narrower noodles can be dried and then frozen to use anytime.

I can see why other people are saying it's not top quality, but I've had it for four years and it's still doing great. And it's made the whole process enjoyable (except for cleaning up the flour that ends up on my floor).
on January 8, 2014
The one I have must be 4 or 5 years old. Granted I only make pasta and ravioli a few times a year so it has not been used a great many times. But when I use it, it could be in use for 6 to 8 hours, not running all the time of course. The only negative is that the way it attaches to the machine really is kind of minimalist but it works and I have never had it come out. Also the design lets you go back and forth between the rollers and attachments pretty easily which is nice when you are making pasta. I would never go back to the hand crank which would always fall out when I used it. When I make pasta I now run a ball of dough through several times which is my lazy way of kneading the dough. It also seems to help me get a piece that is perfect for rolling thinner so that it is almost like a sheet with pretty flat ends. I guess what I am saying is that I start with a round ball of dough and then take the sheet and fold it in half or thirds and run it through again. I might repeat this process 4 or 5 or even more times until I get the rolled out dough in the condition I want it. Also since I mostly make raviolis with it I also add back the dough I cut off when making them which often is drier and stiffer. So my first step often has the motor straining but so far it never stopped and never got hot.

For this price I am not sure how great a quality you would expect but the plastic housing is pretty thick and I cannot imagine how it would ever get damaged through use. Also it cleans up easily and will not rust which is a concern since I keep this in my basement. Over the years and it could be more than previously stated the plastic has faded a bit but it still has the same feel when I hold it meaning the plastic does not seem like it is getting brittle. The contraption that holds the bracket has a weird screw and metal plate that is kind of smart so you only have to turn the screw with the Allen wrench. The attachment device works every time but I often want to replace it with something that has a screw head but to date it never became that important that I actually changed it. It is fine as it is but you have to have the allen wrench to tighten it. The bracket holds the motor in place but you will see it wobble a bit but it never came off nor sounded like it might be slipping. So I cannot say it would stand up to daily or weekly usage I believe most people only make pasta a few times a year and for that level of usage I have found it is more than enough and will hold up for years.
on October 5, 2010
I' m sorry but not pleased with this motor. I have an old one that sounded much better than this one. This one has a high pitch sound to the motor and runs fast even on the slow setting. It's not what I was expecting the older modle was much softer and runs slower. I think I was sold a referbished pasta machine.
on October 2, 2013
I am a polymer clay artist and use this in my work. The clay gets conditioned through a pasta machine. Having a motor is a huge help. I use it on a daily basis for hours at a time. The longevity of it seems to be about a year.
on April 22, 2013
I used this for about a solid 3 hours after receiving this. It ran flawlessly and seemed to keep running cool.
It has plenty of torque and speed for what I needed it for.
Next time I use it for a long period of time, I will use a set of earplugs. The sound of the motor running seemed to be putting me in a tired or hypnotized state after about an hour.
Over-all I'm very glad I purchased it.
on January 2, 2016
Contrary to one of the answers, this does work with the Atlas 150 pasta maker. Here are the full details. If your Atlas 150 was made after September 1998, it will work right away. If it was made before then, you'll need a $20 converter kit. The easiest way to tell if you need the kit is to look at the holes that the crank goes into. If there are two smaller holes on each side of the crank holes, then you don't need the kit. If those smaller holes are missing, you do need the kit. You need those extra holes because there are two prongs on the motor that stick into those holes and hold the motor in place. The converter kit is part number V177C. At the time of this review, the only listing for this part on Amazon carries a steep shipping fee, but you can find it with cheaper shipping elsewhere using a search engine. Look for "Atlas V177C". You may want to look further than the first search results page. Also, although I can't personally vouch for this, a seller on another site says this motor also works on Atlas 1050 models made before 2012.
on February 25, 2014
If a too thick noodle sheet is added in the machine the motor will
jitter very hard and jacked the holding holes on the pasta machine.
But once you get used to its workload it works fine.
Noisy but acceptable. Two -year- old not scared by the noise.
It's definitely better than using a hand cranking pasta machine.
It needs caution to feed the dough. Too thick dough will kill it instantly.
The double cutter with the motor works fine but stop and roll the noodle sheet
thinner if the motor labors. If the noodles get stuck, stop the motor
and run it empty for a couple of seconds. It'll spit out the residuals.
on November 27, 2014
Used for polymer clay not pasta and this motor stands up ! I have had one for almost 5 yrs now, great price, and puts up with my clay habits.
on November 21, 2014
LOVE this thing! The attachments for the stand mixers costs as much as the mixer!! This we inexpensive, and it works great. Probably better than the attachment one. I can move this around as needed, and take it with me to work elsewhere! Something you cannot do with a stand mixer. And since I am not having to turn a crank, both hands are free to work with the fondant/gumpaste as it comes through the machine.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse