Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Norpro 3113 Cast-Aluminum Nonstick Aebleskiver Stuffed-Pancake Pan
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Color: as shown|Package Quantity: 1|Change

on March 10, 2010
Unlike some other aebelskiver (also ebelskiver) pans, this does not have a support ring around the wells on its underside. Without the support ring, this pan sat unevenly on my gas range grills, making it unusable. I imagine it would work well on an electric stove element, but that seemed too big an investment for me just to use this pan.

Thanks very much to the fabulous Amazon for sending me a return label and making the return process so straightforward.
44 comments|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2008
This is so much easier than the cast iron one I had, have used it 4 times since I got it. Had week-end guests, and they were wowed over. Never heard of these. They were going to order one when they got home. It's so easy to use, chop sticks work best, and with gas heat it's best to use a med. low heat or they brown too fast. Other than that, they are great, I make them the night before and put the in the oven to heat them through in the morning. Taste like they were just made. I love it.
on March 4, 2009
I had a cast iron ebelskiver pan that I loved and then got a new stove with a ceramic cook top which suggests not using cast iron to avoid scratching the surface. This pan was my aluminum replacement of that original pan and it works great. It is non-stick and the quality of the non-stick was great so far. One thing with non-stick is that it worries me long term that it will wear off and I wonder what this pan will be like after a couple of years of usage...probably not too bad since I don't make these things as often as I use something like a non-stick skillet. Overall the pan is solidly made out of heavy aluminum the handle is not aluminum but is on the thing very secure. One thing they kind of hide from you in the picture is that the bottom is not solid but looks more like the reverse of the top minus the non-stick coating...this doesn't seem to cause any problems on ceramic stove...not having a gas range I'm not sure, but it looks like it would work well for that since the outer "skirt" extends down below the ebelskiver indentations so things should warm normally
on October 27, 2010
My 4 year old daughter literally kissed my feet after she ate these. They will wow everyone, and it's super easy to make, with any kind of filling you can think of. Jam in the middle? Done. Peanut butter and jelly? Done and done. Or what about cornmeal batter with jalapeno filling? Yummy! Cubes of cheese, chocolate, leftover frosting. Whatever you desire. It always comes out great.

I'm only giving it 4 stars because I'm a tough scorer and because the pan doesn't heat evenly. But nonetheless, wonderful aebleskivers (pronounced "Abble - skewers").

Here's my basic recipe for batter:

1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar

Mix dry ingredients together first in mixing bowl. Then in a microwave-safe measuring cup (like Pyrex),

melt 3 Tablespoons butter, then add to measuring cup,
1 1/2 Cups milk
1 egg

Whisk wet ingredients, then mix all ingredients together.

Put just 1/2 Tablespoon of batter on the bottom of each depression on the pan, fill with a teaspoon of whatever filling, then another 1/2 Tablespoon. When the batter begins have bubbles like pancakes, use chopsticks, one on top and one on bottom to flip each aebleskiver.

Have fun!
on March 22, 2008
Bought this much more expensive pancake puff (Eng translation) pan because some reviews indicate iron or discount puff pans stick. 99% of the many puffs I made for my family worked! Very easy. Got the spiral bound AEbelskiver recipe book and also used web "fast" pancake recipes. Great every time! Put 1/2 pat of butter or similar in each well, had no sticking puffs and the pan cleaned up in seconds. Only gripe, besides price, is that the bottom of the pan is not flat. It is nearly impossible to use on my gas burner. I did a batch on the burner and several on a plug in griddle I had. Need 400 degrees on the griddle to get the pan hot enough because it is fairly thick (good thing).
Overall, get what you pay for--much more pleased with this more expensive puff pan than I think I would have been if I got a cheaper TV version that isn't truly No-stick.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 26, 2013
I use this pan to make the South Indian Dish Kuzhi paniyaram. The dish is similar to aebleskiver, but it is made of rice flour. The paniyaram comes out like a breeze. i use the bamboo skewer to take the paniyaram out. I add a little bit of oil into the pan before i start making the paniyaram. I give it a 5 star because of its easy of use.
review image review image review image
on March 3, 2009
I have used my Norpro Ebelswkiver Pan twice and have had wonderful success with it. We love the pancakes. We used fresh blueberries for the filling once and a cherry fruit filling once. It heats beautifully and cleans like a dream. I did not use melted butter for the wells. Instead, I used a vegetable spray. I also had good luck turning the little cakes with a wooden chop stick.
on June 1, 2009
This pan was less money than the Williams Sonoma version but no less in quality. A good deal.
on December 5, 2012
I have never made nor heard/read about aebleskiver before. This pan showed up in the list of things Amazon thinks I might be interested in, as I was checking out those fancy pancake pans that leave embossed designs on pancakes. Well, the idea of stuffed pancake balls piqued my interest so I bought this pan, preferring it over the "more-bought" Nordicware version after reading reviews about flaking of Nordicware's non-stick material.

The first batch I made out of this pancake pan was a bit messy, as I was learning how to turn the pancakes. After that, every batch look nicer than the previous one. And well, it was fun to eat them afterwards! My 4-year-old daughter certainly thinks so. Here's what I did:
1. I heat the pan to low-medium heat.
2. When hot, I wipe the cavities with kitchen towel dipped in oil (I used corn oil). There shouldn't be any oil pooling inside, just sort of very thinly "glazing" the cavities. I do this only at the start of cooking, not for every batch of pancakes.
3. I put 1 tbsp of pancake mixture in every cavity---I used Jemima's buttermilk pancake mix this morning. And even though it says in the box to just add water, I made the pancake mixture with 2 c Jemima buttermilk pancake mix, 1 c whole milk, 2 lightly beaten eggs, and 1 tbsp corn oil.
4. I put the filling---I used like an inch cube of Philadelphia cream cheese this morning, gently pushing it into the cooking pancake mixture. Then, I top each one with like 1/2 tbsp of pancake mix to "seal" the filling inside.
5. I wait till the sides of the pancake start to sort of pull away from the pan's cavities, and gently turn them around using bamboo skewers. I found out that the pointed part of the skewer makes the turning easier.
6. I wait for a little while till I can see from the sides of the pan's cavities that the bottom part of my pancake has set.
7. I check to see if the bottom part is nicely golden brown and then, voila! to the serving dish they go. Nice to eat when these are warm!!
Yield: 25 golf-sized balls of cream cheese-filled pancakes---Check out the picture I posted. :)

I bought this pan last Nov 7, 2012 and have used it 3 times so far. I think it heats evenly (perfectly fits the larger burner of my electric stove), releases the pancakes easily, and cleaning the pan is very easy as well. I hope the pan will stay in good condition for a long time... let's see (will update my review when the pan's non-stick start to wear out). Happy with my purchase and will recommend this to someone looking for this kind of pan.
review image
on January 12, 2009
My husband originally wanted this pan he saw advertised at Williams Sonoma for a lot more money. After reading reviews on line, I purchased this one which cost a lot less and used regular, plain ole' grocery store pancake mix with a variety of fillings and had no problems whatsoever. I would recommend using chopsticks to turn them and use a cooking spray with no alcohol to preserve the teflon coating, but the pan is great.