5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous if you want to make your own cannoli
If you love cannoli, and who doesn't, you will love these. I bought twelve of these thinking that would make the process easier. I thought wrong. I found that I only use four of these at a time because they cook so quickly that by the time the fourth one goes into the oil, the first one is ready to turn.

The secrets to good cannoli are minimal:
1. A...
Published on May 3, 2006 by Amalfi Coast Girl

2.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than I thought, but will do the job I guess
Thought these were larger. I can make small cannoli with this. This company should make larger ones, cannot find them anywhere.
Published on August 12, 2012 by fotogirl73

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous if you want to make your own cannoli, May 3, 2006

The secrets to good cannoli are minimal:
1. A little Marsala in the dough, in place of the water component in the recipe makes a big difference.
2. Keep your oil a reasonably constant high temperature so that they don't soak up too much grease. I find that a fat thermometer is necessary for control.
3. Tongs are the best thing for removing the cannoli from the oil.
4. A draining rack is very useful for cooling the cannoli so that they aren't too greasy.
5. Keep your dough cold when you are working with it. A chilled marble board and/or a chilled rolling pin are very useful.
6. Don't fill your cannoli until you are ready to eat them. Filled cannoli don't last more than an hour. A Ziploc bag with a little bit of the corner cut off works fine for stuffing them if you don't have a pastry bag.
7. You can bake your cannoli shells ahead of time and then re-crisp them in the oven prior to filling them. I have made cannoli two days in advance and had them suffer no lose of taste or texture using the re-crisping technique.

Don't try to remove the tube too quickly from the cooling cannoli they get screaming hot in the oil. By the time you have rolled out four more ovals of dough the tubes will be cool enough to remove from the last batch.

These tubes are very easy to clean, I don't bother to put them in the dishwasher. Handwashing these is very simple and quick.

If you are new to cannoli making it is not a difficult as it appears it just takes a little while. I love to cook, and found it to be a relaxing experience. Of course, eating the fresh homemade cannoli really was the best part. I highly recommend this product to anyone that loves cannoli.

5.0 out of 5 stars These rollers are excellent..., April 25, 2009
This review is from: Norpro 3660 Stainless Steel Cannoli Forms, Set of 4 (Kitchen)
Grab the hot pizzelle and roll them around the stainless-steel forms. The metal helps the heat dissipate quickly, so the cannoli will be nice and crisp, not chewy. Pull out after 10-20 seconds and pass to your helper to fill the cannoli with filling.

The product seems well made and sturdy, and does not seem to "leak" any nasty residues or alloys onto the food.

Buon appetito!

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it should, January 24, 2007
It's not rocket science. Roll the cannoli dough until it's paper thin. Cut a 5" circle in the dough and wrap it around a tube. Drop the tube/dough in the hot oil until the dough is cooked, remove the tube/now cookie from the oil. Tap the tub and remove it from the cookie. Repeat as necessary. -It's a tube, it does what a tube should. These cookies ROCK, but don't fill them unless they will be eaten in the next hour or so, otherwise you'll have a soggy cannoli (yuck) - but that has nothing to do with the tube. Now does it?

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cannoli, December 1, 2007
The cannoli forms worked quite well. I used the recipe on the back of the package. I was impressed with the results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, April 4, 2012
I now own about 15 of these and they are perfect for shaping various pastries. They are cheap, so they will rust and bend if you mistreat them, but they are just right for my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will make cannoli making fun again!!, October 25, 2009
Tried other means of shaping the shell (dowels, making foil tubes, ets.). I bake my shells, not fry, and these keep them nice and round. Very happy with the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars worked perfectly!, August 1, 2011
These little tubes work absolutely perfectly! I used the recipe for the shells from the back of the box and they taste great. They taste exactly like the shells I get at the bakery. I would absolutely recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannoli Pastry Forms, October 11, 2010
We were very excited to get our cannoli forms. We had been planning our menu for our wedding reception and thinking how wonderful it would be to have cannolis as part of the dessert options. After pricing them at local bakeries, we realized that this tasty treat might be a bit out of a price range for the number of guests we'd be accommodating. Instead, we decided to attempt making our own cannolis. This forms were inexpensive and easy to use, not to mention the recipe on the back of the package helped us tremendously!

5.0 out of 5 stars Homemade Cannolis!, March 27, 2011
E.H. (Plainsboro, NJ) - See all my reviews
I can't believe I made homemade cannolis! They tasted great too. I couldn't have done it without these things. They were a great tool to keep the cannoli's shape while it fries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still....Cookin, November 23, 2008
I used the recipe on the back of the box and the cannolis came out awesome. i can not wait to make another batch. at first there was a little difficulty getting the shells off the tubes. but after they were oiled they came off perfectly!!