Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Silver|Change

TOP 100 REVIEWERon December 1, 2014
Norpro generally makes kitchen tools that are very affordable & well-made, especially considering the reasonable prices. This Tea Bag Squeezer is no exception.

A goofy tool to some, this simple tool is loved by me. More or less miniature flat tongs, I now have something I can squeeze my teabag with without the need to touch it. Sometimes that may be useful because the teabag is scalding hot...other times because I am cooking and my hands are not clean or perhaps smell like onion or garlic (which I prefer not be a flavor in my tea.) That is very convenient for me. Plus, it can double as the tool used to stir in sugar, cream, etc., and even play the role of mini tongs should you need them.

The Norpro Tea Bag Squeeze is made out of stainless steel. It does a good job at resisting corrosion/staining, which is very beneficial given tea's acidity. Being a Norpro stainless steel product, I believe this will hold up many years, and I'll update this review a few years from now to report back on my experience.

So I highly recommend this product!
review image review image
on January 8, 2015
It's a little stiff to use, but once you get a firm grip on it, it's great for squeezing out the teabag and saving your fingers from being scalded! But I would not recommend it for people who have arthritis or weakness in the hand. I've had it for a long time and it doesn't get any less stiff.
on November 21, 2013
This is my favorite! All one piece of metal so no parts fall off it, after use (if you get any that have what seem to be rivets? They're not...). I use this for work with my stringless tea bags and it's just very reliable.
Why did I wait so many years to buy tea tongs? I used to squeeze the bag against the inside of another cup or just leave the bag in my tea (I don't mind an oversteeped tea). I finally got these, and I'm pleased with them. They seem very sturdy, and they are small and elegant. However, the presser part is a little smaller than I'd like (it doesn't cover all of the teabag for a Celestial Seasonings size), so I have to kind of hold the corner of the bag while I reposition to squeeze elsewhere. And they are not open enough for my preference. I find myself always having to spread them apart farther so I can double the teabag up to squeeze it better.

Just recently I started drinking loose teas far more often than bagged teas, but if I were still using bags as much as I used to, I would probably look around for a larger set of tea tongs. But for most purposes, this is a very nice pair (especially if you are not compulsive like me about wanting to squeeze out every drop).
on January 16, 2014
Good quality. Easy to use. Nice size. Does what it claims to do. Keeps your fingers from getting burned and mess free. Every tea lover should have one or two!

Update: I paid nearly double for this less than a month ago - $14.21 - and it is now listed at $7.86. Why such a huge price swing??? Love the product but the pricing system is shady! I could have gotten two for what I paid for one!
on April 14, 2016
This is a very well made steel utensil, and great for tagless tea bags if you don't mind squeezing them. The swirled edges that catch the tea bag are polished and smooth, and in over a month of use have never ripped a tea bag. It's never caught and torn a bit of the sponge when I clean it, either. Prior to buying this, I was using a fork to fish my tea bags out of the cup.

One thing: It's about 5 1/2" from tip to tip, and if you use a mug, and if your tea bag has settled at the bottom of that mug, you have to press it at it's very top to close the bottom circles around the tea bag. That takes some strength, which was bothersome to me at first. But after a month I'm used to it :) Tea is my drink of choice, and I like having a dedicated utensil to deal with the tea bags, because if you drink a lot of tea, it will eventually stain whatever utensil you regularly dip into it.
on February 10, 2016
Got this for my wife because I saw her using two spoons to squeeze her tea bag, and figured there must be a tool purpose-made for that task that wouldn't run us through spoons so quickly. It is stylish, works great, and cleans up easily. Alton Brown advises us to avoid single-purpose kitchen tools, but this is one that quickly proved its worth!
on February 17, 2016
great little tea bag squeezer for the bags that arent' on strings. If the ends aren't touching when you squeeze, just hold it by the tips and bend it in a little. Simple... just get it to where the tips touch first and it'll come together like it should to squeeze the bags (or even hold them while you dunk the bag etc).
on January 27, 2016
Really nice product that definitely serves it's purpose, it's a sturdy piece with grippers large enough to grab, squeeze and remove your teabag. Although it is the perfect size for a regular tea cup, I prefer my tea in a mug and I find it a little short for some of my favorites.
on December 29, 2015
I really like adding this little gadget to a side plate for company when I'm not serving my loose leaf tea, strained for my tea pot. My guests have been pleasantly surprised. I will also be adding these to my go to gift boxes of tea as an additional special treat. Very happy with this tea bag removal handle.