Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now HTL

Size: 6-CountChange

on July 30, 2007
I LOVE this pan! I have also bought 'cheaper' versions and found them to be far inferior. The cheaper pans have a seam ridge on the top around each donut cavity that catches batter and snags cleaning cloths. They are much thinner and lighter than this pan and therefore do not heat as evenly. Also the donut cavities in the cheaper versions are not as deep and the hole maker is much smaller, resulting in a donut that is not 'pleasing to the eye' and looks more like a cookie with a small hole in the middle. This pan cooks evenly every time and the donuts come out looking 'professional' and deliciously tempting! I highly recommend this pan!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2010
We like this pan but if you buy it MAKE SURE you season it before making your first batch. We didn't with ours and the we had to throw out the first batch of donuts because they tasted like metal. Just put it in a 400 degree oven for about 10 min. b4 making your first batch.
This is really great for making cake donuts.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2012
I was hoping to turn out something very close to typical cake donuts, but you aren't frying the donuts so they won't be like typical cake donuts. That being said, you can make some pretty tasty baked donuts with this pan. The texture and results remind me more of small rings of swedish almond cake though. The shape isn't perfectly rounded when I make them, but close enough. Even though they weren't quite what I expected, they are still good and round and my 2 year old daughter still calls them donuts and doesn't know the difference. I like having control over what goes into them, knowing they aren't fried in fat and trying new flavors. Almond was a BIG hit here, lemon was quite tasty and I'll be trying pumpkin soon.

So, the nitty gritty of the pans themselves:
The pans work perfectly and I didn't have to season it like another reviewer mentioned, just washed it before using and made a batch of donuts. They are sturdy and heat evenly, the nonstick surface allows the donuts to pop out in 1 piece perfectly. I bought these and the Norpro 3980 12-Count Nonstick Mini Donut Pan, the mini donuts turn out rounder than the larger ones, but both were loved by my daughter.

Helpful hint: After they are baked and cooled slightly, with freshly washed hands rotate the donuts in the well about a quarter turn and the donuts will release and fall out perfectly when flipped over.
review image
on September 14, 2008
This is the best kitchen purchase I have ever made! I regularly make vegan donuts, and have always struggled with achieving the conventional donut form. With this pan, you simply spoon your batter in the molds and 10 minutes later, you have perfect donuts! I recommend spraying a bit of cooking spray into the molds to ease pulling the donuts out - with this method you're guaranteed to get perfect donuts with nothing sticking in th pan! I will be purchasing another one so I can make a dozen at a time!
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I was trying recipes from Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food and needed a donut/doughnut baking pan. This one had some good reviews but I still wondered if the doughnuts would stick or not. Well without even using any cooking spray they worked fine on the pumpkin doughnuts and the doughnuts released perfectly even while hot. Cleanup was also a breeze.

This pan comes with two basic recipes: Chocolate Cake Donuts and Cake Donuts. You can adapt the recipes to suit your needs. One thing about the recipes is that the yield for the cake doughnuts is approximately 36 mini doughnuts so if you only have one pan that is going to take you three times longer to bake them. The chocolate cake doughnuts yeild 24 so you still might want two pans.

To make perfect doughnuts I put the batter in a gallon-sized plastic bag and cut off the bottom tip as directed in the recipe book. It worked fairly well and the doughnuts had a perfect shape once cooked.

I'd suggest you buy at least two pans because most of the recipes I've found make 2 dozen doughnuts. I've looked for additional recipes here at amazon but have only found a few doughnut books. If you know of any others please leave me a note in the comments section. :) Thank you!

~The Rebecca Review

P.S. I tried the vanilla cake doughnut recipe (except I only made half - 18 doughnuts) that comes with these pans and it worked great except use half the salt it calls for. The doughnuts stuck a little while still warm but come out of the pan much better when slightly cooled. The only problem is they don't give you a recipe for the frosting. So here is a strawberry icing recipe I made up today:

1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon strawberry jam
4 tablespoons whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 drops red food coloring

Blend all ingredients until creamy
and smooth. I use a spatula but a
wooden spoon works well too. To make
a plain vanilla icing just omit the
strawberry jam and food coloring. This
will frost 18 doughnuts. Double the recipe
if you need icing for 36.

P.S. 2 - I made the chocolate doughnuts and they stuck like crazy. I had to put them in the freezer to cool them down then they came out of the pan OK with a small spatula that I ran around the doughnuts. The second batch was much better because I oiled the pan. So do use the non-stick spray or oil of your choice and you will have better results. The chocolate doughnuts are fairly bland without a good icing so here is the icing I came up with:

1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
4-5 tablespoons whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Blend everything together with a
spatula and ice doughnuts when slightly
cooled. They ice best when they are still
slightly warm. This will frost 24 doughnuts.
on September 10, 2007
I was surprised to see a review saying they had problems with their donuts sticking to the pan. I haven't run into that at all. One of the things I love about this pan is how you don't need any oil. You do need to let them cool about 5-10 mins before removing. Maybe that's why your donuts are sticking?

I would buy two if I were buying again though, because who only makes 12 mini donuts at a time?
on October 29, 2007
This donut pan is a great pan. Donuts are usually fried and unhealthy. But you can make delicious donuts that are healthy in this pan by following the included recipes and then baking them instead of frying them. I have used our favorite muffin recipes in it, too. Instead of a muffin, they look like donuts. The grandkids love them. I have two pans now, so I don't have to wait for one batch to come out. 1/2 recipe makes two pans full.
on May 6, 2007
I like the pan, it is well made and serves the purpose. The holes are very small and getting batter to go in and not get all over the middle is hard. The pan itself is great though and really good at the non-stick, and very heavy duty. If I buy anymore, I will make sure I get the bigger size though. Small one is hard to maneuver batters into without making a terrible mess.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2010
We got interested in making donuts based on a recent Family Circle article and found this pan. We liked the idea of smaller donuts since we have 2 small children 4 and 5. The boys had a great time making and decorating donuts. Don't exactly look the same from both sides, but taste good.
I found out 2 helpful tips for being successful:
1. Follow the instructions about keeping them less than or equal 2/3 full - otherwise you have a muffin with a funny looking bottom.
2. I read in one recipe to put the batter in a bag and cut a 1/4 inch corner out of the bottom to help put them in the pan. I found this VERY helpful - my husband was ready to send back the pan because it looked impossible to get the batter into the donuts w/o making a huge mess. This way we didn't make a mess at all and there was still plenty of batter to make about 1 1/2 pans of donuts from a recipe designed to make 6 large donuts.
on September 8, 2012
I bought this and the Norpro 6-Count Nonstick Donut Pan at the same time. The mini donuts turn out a bit rounder and more donut shaped than their larger counter part. The pan is nice and sturdy and the nonstick coating lets the donuts flip out with ease. A reviewer on the larger pan mentioned needing to season the pan, but I did not find that to be necessary and just washed my pans and made donuts right away. I did find that rotating the donuts a quarter turn after they cooled helped them release a bit easier.

You will not be making donuts that are replicas of the typical fried cake donut, the texture ends up a bit more like swedish almond cake. They are delicious though, and NOT fried and you can experiment with flavors and whip up a batch and be eating a donut less than 15 minutes after you started making them. A donut recipe will yield close to 4 mini donuts for every large donut, so twice as many batches in the oven to contend with. It obviously depends on how full you fill the cups, but it's a good estimate when recipe planning.

I've been very happy with both pans, and my 2 year old daughter likes the mini donuts better because "they are cute!". Plus, they are a good size for her hand and she'd rather have 2 mini donuts than 1/2 a normal donut.

Helpful hint: use a frosting bag or a sandwich bag with a tip snipped off to fill the donut cavities to avoid getting batter everywhere.
review image review image