5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Cutting Boards for Little $$
Published on September 3, 2009 by Michael Sobczyk

3.0 out of 5 stars Too thin & Didn't hold up in Dishwasher
Published on December 16, 2009 by Cammy V

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Cutting Boards for Little $$, September 3, 2009
This review is from: Norpro Cut-N-Slice Flexible Cutting Boards, Set of 3 (Kitchen)
These flexible cutting boards are truly awesome. 1) They don't take up a lot of space. 2) They're easy to clean. 3) They don't cost big bucks. 4) They work just fine and being able to bend them really helps get your items off the cutting board and into a pot, bowl or discard the scraps. 5) And the various colors actually helps us make sure we don't go cutting some vegetables on the same cutting board that just had a piece of meat on it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too thin & Didn't hold up in Dishwasher, December 16, 2009
I was very excited about these cutting boards when I bought them. They were quite thin when they arrived but that didn't really bother me until...I put them in the dishwasher after using them ONCE (the description says 'dishwasher-safe' however no actual instructions were included in the pkg) for the first time and when I took them out they were all sort of 'warped' and now they don't lay flat AT ALL. I was very bummed and thought maybe all the flexible board were liked this, however...
The next day I was at a major discount retailer and saw a much thicker, sturdier pack of FOUR cutting boards for $5.xx! I bought them that day and haven't used the other cutting boards since! They are SO much better! So, I recommend you buy the 4-pk of flexible boards I mentioned at your local retailer NOT these poor quality ones.

UPDATE! Ok, so I had these cutting boards stored in a cabinet next to the other thicker cutting boards I mentioned I bought. I had a heavy stone cookie pan laying flat against all of them...and good news!...the Norpro boards I bought on amazon flattened out and look good again! So, maybe it just takes a little more effort to flatten them after each dishwashing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cutting sheets, April 26, 2010
The only thing I have against them is that they curl up after they're washed by hand. Otherwise they work just fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but flimsy, February 21, 2010
Chris W (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews
These cutting boards are less of a cutting board and more of a plastic funnel/mise en place tool.

After using them the first time they retain knife marks as permenant bends in the plastic, durability rating of .5 stars. They also do not retain their original flat shape in a reasonable manner.

Chris

1.0 out of 5 stars Just awful, waste of money, February 12, 2012
I've bought and used at least ten sets of flexible cutting mats over the years. I use as many as 5 mats during one meal prep. They all eventually get too cut up to use. But the Norpro mats have set a new lower standard.

Slippery, both on top of my big Boos cutting board, and slippery for the food resting on them.

Flimsy, my first knife cuts almost went through the material.

They warped even before washing. The high spots flex and send minced food flying.

They are too small for my everyday use. My error. I didn't read the dimensions carefully.

They don't flex predictably for funneling food into the pot.

Greasy spots don't seem to come off with repeated washing.

If I had made such a product during my business career, I would hang my head in shame. One of the worst cases of delivering low value I've seen.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small, too slippery., December 1, 2009
A couple years ago I bought from Amazon a set of flexible cutting mats like this, but they were larger (~11x14, methinks) and had a slightly gummy print on the back that helped it stay put on your countertop while you cut. These mats, unfortunately, are both smaller and have no such gummy print -- so they slide around on the counter as you cut. Very, very annoying. I bit the $6 on these but would recommend that you NOT: rather, look elsewhere (outside Amazon, even?? *gasp*) for the larger and non-slip kind!

5.0 out of 5 stars Color Rules, May 12, 2009
I bought a clear set years ago and liked them. They were white like my countertops and as bad vision set in it was harder to tell whether I was going to cut on the counter or the mat. Then I spotted these colored ones and now I can see where I'm cutting again. They last forever and are handy to use to dump what ever you cut into the pan or bowl. I really like the colors!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great LITTLE mat, July 29, 2010
I got these to keep on my counter to protect the counters and I didn't check but they are smaller than I was thinking, 9 1/2 x 14. it's a good size, just smaller than I was imaging.
They are NOT heat proof ;) haha. I accidentally set a hot pan on it and it melted instantly. Still usable just looks funny now-- that's my own fault.
I liked that they weren't too thin. I have owned some in the past that with a butcher knife I accidentally put a hole in them. These are sturdy and thick without losing the flexibility.
Great product

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, December 12, 2011
OK these curl up after you wash them which renders them useless because they do not lay flat. This is a major problem when you are trying to chop up small items like garlic or green onions. Not only that, if you have a sharp knife it will cut into this cutting board.

Im about to toss them and get flexible cutting boards that are a bit thicker and sturdier.

If you want to hand wash them in cold water and store them completely flat all the time and like dull knives they will work for you. Just doesn't work for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible. Slip all over, July 4, 2012
Purchased these because they had such great reviews and were pretty cheap. And cheap they were. They do not grip the counter, even if you get them wet as suggested. They slipped all over and got deep knife grooves on them after only one use. Hard to cut anything. Got different cutting boards after only two weeks.

Rate and Discover Movies