Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on June 17, 2008
Don't pay attention to the reviewers who think that you brew tea in a tea strainer. You don't cook spaghetti in a spaghetti strainer. This is a tea strainer, made for pour loose leaf brews through AFTER you have brewed your tea, so that you don't wind up with leaves in your cup. This works great for Turkish Coffee as well.

So, basically you DO NOT place loose leaves in the wire mesh and pour hot water through it. Place the loose leaves in the hot water and brew them in the tea pot. Pour the tea that you have brewed to your taste through the strainer and into the cup and catch the loose leaves.
44 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2008
This is a well made strainer, and for $4 you can't go wrong.... I use it to catch any stray coffee grounds that may make it out of my french press while decanting. It works perfectly for that purpose.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 3, 2008
I love this strainer for single cups of tea and I especially like the little cup to hold the strainer. It's just perfect. This is practical, of a good quality and priced well. At Amazon's price I have bought several so each cup in the service has its own.
on March 5, 2011
Item arrived quickly and was well packaged. This is not a tea infuser but a tea strainer as you can see from the picture. It is exactly what I was looking for and is well made and a very useful item.
We bought this knowing it wouldn't be used for tea, but needed a small strainer and this was perfect. Our intended use was and is to pour our percolated coffee through when camping to catch any escaped coffee grounds. It's exactly what we needed and works great. Just set over the coffee cup and pour slowly. This purchase was made even better by the fact it's part of Amazons 4-for-3 deal!
on March 3, 2012
I love this little tea strainer! Yes, like others said the description is incorrect. It is intended for pouring tea through to strain out the tea. In theory, you could use it to infuse tea if you used a shallow dish or filled your cup to the tippy-top with hot water, but that's not really what it's for. you would need something deeper and larger to infuse tea, especially if it was for an entire pot. I like this for when I make herbal teas because the tiniest bits always get through the regular strainers we have. The little drip cup is sort of useful, usually we have a paper towel next to the stove to sit utensils on. I just recommend to rinse this well every time you use it. Stuff gets stuck in these things and they get nasty fast and takes a lot of water to clean after that.
I also like that it's all metal, plastic handle strainers usually get rusty inside the hole where the wire goes in. Would recommend to anyone looking for a fine mesh strainer just for tea but if you need something with a wider mouth than a tea cup/mug look elsewhere.
VINE VOICEon October 28, 2010
This strainer is handsome, solid, nicely decorated, and a delight to use. The strainer basket isn't centered in the cup, which is a little unusual when compared to the standard tearoom version of this product. That said, the off-center strainer is no harder to pour tea through than a centered one, and the longer handle is easier to use than two short, stubby ones. When seated in the cup, the strainer does not tip over. Overall, this is a very nice product.
on May 24, 2015
I've never seen tea strainers in stores where I now live in the USA, so I bought this one some time ago and I am delighted with it. It has a very fine mesh, which is important in a tea strainer, plus a long handle, which makes it much easier to hold in the air above the cup as you pour. It's attractive, too and I like the little cup you have to rest it on when not pouring, too. I'm disappointed that it's currently not available, because I like it so much that I wanted to buy another one, as a gift for a friend.

It's a pity, really, that whoever wrote the blurb listed this product as an 'infuser', rather than as what it actually is, which is a tea STRAINER. I grew up in England and no one I knew used an infuser - we all used tea strainers! (Perhaps posh people used them, but I didn't know anyone who had servants. :-)) If you use a tea strainer, instead of an infuser, the tea is loose in the pot and thus distributed throughout the liquid, which seems to me a rather better idea, really, from the point of view of flavour/flavor.

I suppose it's possible that this tea strainer was listed as an infuser because the copywriter thought it wouldn't get any hits on the US site, if it was listed merely as a strainer. But it seems that using the term has led to some bad reviews and a lower overall score. So perhaps amazon should market it again, but this time put both terms into the copy, with a clear explanation of how to use it, such as Massandra has given in the helpful review s/he has contributed. Then searches for 'infuser' will bring it up and those who are unfamiliar with tea strainers, but are tea enthusiasts and might be interested in trying one will have the opportunity to do so.
on January 27, 2012
solid, good balance, and the mesh is fine enough, happy to give this five stars and would buy again. Dont think that this is an infuser because its not. Its for pouring tea through after its been added loose into a teapot.
on January 3, 2012
This is a very nice little tea strainer. It's more solid than I expected for the price, and the strainer part is firmly attached to the handle.

I'm actually using it as a matcha sifter rather a tea strainer. It's good for getting rid of the clumps, which seems to make the matcha froth up better.

The only thing I'd change would be to put holes in the handles of the strainer and drip cup so I could hang them up after rinsing them.