5.0 out of 5 stars Norpro Mixing bowls
Published on July 4, 2011 by aussielynne

1.0 out of 5 stars The rings on the bottom of the bowls are not ...
The rings on the bottom of the bowls are not rubber-but a hard plastic-so they don't grip on the counter top.
The bottom of these bowls says "microwave safe" the first time I used one in the microwave the black plastic ring on the bottom melted onto the glass microwave plate. Had to tear it off.
Published 3 months ago by Donna G Weatherly

5.0 out of 5 stars Norpro Mixing bowls, July 4, 2011
This review is from: Norpro Mixing Bowls, Red, Set of 3 (Kitchen)
I've been battling with arthritis in both hands, but particularly with a longstanding subluxed thumb on one hand which ultimately requires surgery. Cooking anything that required holding or scooping out a bowl meant sitting on the floor with it between my knees until I discovered Norpro mixing bowls on a desperate online search. I ordered them to be sent to me in Australia and am delighted beyond expectations that I now can cook without spilling, dropping or sitting on the floor thanks to the lightweight material and the handles I can grab. Thank you Norpro!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these bowls!, September 29, 2011
This review is from: Norpro Mixing Bowls, Red, Set of 3 (Kitchen)
This is a great product. The handle makes it easy to hold, the nonslip bottom provides a stable place on the counter, and they are made very well. I also love that they nest and take up less space. I highly recommend this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy., June 25, 2012
This review is from: Norpro Mixing Bowls, Red, Set of 3 (Kitchen)
I bought these bowls for three reasons. First the weight. They are very lightweight and easy to get down from the overhead cabinets. Second was the handle and spout. They are easy to hold and perfect for pouring batter (pancakes) and scrambled eggs into the pan. Third was the rubber gasket on the bottom. This was the only feature that was not as great as I had hoped (thus the 4 stars). When washing, the gaskets come out of the groove and they are not the easiest to get back in. But, once they are back in, they stay just fine, and even knowing this, I would definitely purchase the item again. Oh, the lovely red color was a huge bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, May 23, 2013
This review is from: Norpro Mixing Bowls, Red, Set of 3 (Kitchen)
Couldn't imagine how any set of mixing bowls could be this cheap and actually work well, but these do. Very pretty, bright color (I got red) and heavy enough plastic to be sturdy and reliable. And the rubber grip ring on bottom is so nice to have. Not real large, but good enough size to work for most any job. Sizes are: small: 6" W and 4" tall, medium: 7" W and 4" tall and large: 8"W and 7" tall. Approximate measurements. I include these because I couldn't really envision them from the other reviews. I know they sound small but are really a nice size. Don't think you can go wrong with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Me!, August 29, 2012
This review is from: Norpro Mixing Bowls, Red, Set of 3 (Kitchen)
These are light-weight plastic bowls that I can lift and move-around easily. I have injuries to my hands from a car crash, so big, heavy mixing bowls won't work for me. I thought they would be to small when I saw them, but the size is perfect for a batch of cookies or a cake. If you make double batches of cookies, you will need a bigger set.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIZ, August 11, 2011
This review is from: Norpro Mixing Bowls, Red, Set of 3 (Kitchen)
Yes, these are the right size for most anything and the handle helps
also. The red was the right red color. Came very speedy from Amazon.
I use them very day.

1.0 out of 5 stars The rings on the bottom of the bowls are not ..., September 13, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Bowls are smaller than they appear., June 11, 2013
This review is from: Norpro Mixing Bowls, Red, Set of 3 (Kitchen)
Bowls are smaller than they appear. They do hold the amount specified, but only if filled up to the very tippy top. Largest bowl is not even big enough to use as a mixing bowl as there is not much room for mixing. Will keep on hand, but disappointed in overall size

3.0 out of 5 stars Bowls definitely smaller than anticipated, June 19, 2014
This review is from: Norpro Mixing Bowls, Red, Set of 3 (Kitchen)
These bowls are what others say - small. I do like that they are dishwasher safe, just won't be making anything in big batches with these bowls. The smallest once probably serves better as a prep bowl than anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars My baking team!, June 4, 2014
This review is from: Norpro Mixing Bowls, Red, Set of 3 (Kitchen)
These bowls are great, I use them for everything. They make it to my dishwasher, bottom rack is fine, and come out fine! I use them for everything!
They hold dough, salad, pudding, pico de gallo, mashed potatoes, and more. I want a second pair because they work so well but I can't find a need for more. Ha, they are super sturdy and very helpful!

I have a form of arthritis; these bowls do not challenge me. They are light-weight and super useful.

Norpro Mixing Bowls, Red, Set of 3