5.0 out of 5 stars Great and inexpensive
This is a great set for a great price. They're basic and sturdy. The handles are lightweight, hollow, and SEALED, so no more shaking water out of the inside. They won't break, melt, or bend. They're easy to clean, by hand or dishwasher. Good sizes- the little one is great for small jobs, and the other two are great for everything else. I love 'em.
Published on August 26, 2004 by Harper Rue Tivoli

While these seems well made, I have two gripes, one minor, the other a show-stopper. First the minor one. The end-cap on the handles are not set or seated well; they are a bit off-center. As a result, there is a sharp edge on one side of the handle which will cut into your hand. All the units had this problem so it is not an individual thing.

The second...
Published on June 14, 2011 by R. P. Poletti

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusts internally after first washing, contaminates food, cuts hands., June 14, 2011
This review is from: Norpro 3 Piece Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk Set (Kitchen)

The second gripe is a major problem which renders these essentially useless. After the first washing, the wire inside the handle rusts and rust-filled liquid WILL leak into your food. There is no way to drain or dry the inside and no indication there is a problem until you hold start to use it, whipping it vigorously. (Well, I guess if you put them in a centrifuge after washing, this would get the water out, but I have not invested in a kitchen centrifuge.) I suppose this is okay if you do not mind bacterial and/or heavy-metal contamination in your food, but I prefer to avoid both. Like the offset end-cap, all the units in this set had this very same problem which tells me this is a manufacturing or design flaw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and inexpensive, August 26, 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!, October 15, 2003
This review is from: Norpro 3 Piece Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk Set (Kitchen)
There's not much one can say about something as basic as these whisks. When I was in the market for a new set of whisks, I was looking for round handles and (preferably) metal construction. Most of what I found was REALLY expensive. I gambled and purchased these several months ago (after all how bad can they be for this price?).
I have been pleasantly surprised at how much I like these whisks! They are light, strong, and comfortable in my hand. I am sure I might like the expensive ones better, but these are the better value.
Buy these and put the money you saved toward cookware where it will make a real difference.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, they leak SAND from the inside!, November 29, 2011
This review is from: Norpro 3 Piece Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk Set (Kitchen)
I just opened these, and as I was peeling off the made in China stickers, I noticed that one of the end-caps wasn't fully set on the largest whisk. When I went to push it in, I noticed that I couldn't, because it was blocked by something. I pulled it out to look inside, and much to my dismay, SAND started pouring out of it onto my counter-top! Apparently they fill them with sand for the weight, because they are completely hollow otherwise (I expected thick, heavy duty metal, by the looks of them from the outside).

I will try to post a picture of this to the item.

Buyer Beware.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective and filled with SAND!, December 22, 2011
Margie Duerr (Janesville, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Norpro 3 Piece Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk Set (Kitchen)
I received this whisk set and the end caps were all falling off and the handles were filled with a sand like substance. That is pretty disgusting considering they are used for cooking. Would not recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whip it! Whip it good!, September 21, 2003
This review is from: Norpro 3 Piece Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk Set (Kitchen)
What can I say, they're whisks. Well made and functinal, although I've found little use for the itty-bitty one. Anything I'd use that one for can be done just as well with a fork. The other two in the set get a lot of use in my kitchen.

3.0 out of 5 stars Whiskettes, June 9, 2006
bunnyfricassee (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Norpro 3 Piece Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk Set (Kitchen)
These are very nice whisks, all things considered, and the other reviews for the most part tell you why. I thought I was getting a set to cover most of my needs; however, I found all of them about an inch or two too small. The largest isn't really balloon-y enough to do an efficient job at a big batch of egg whites, for example, tiring your arm out faster than a larger one would. The middle size is pretty good for omelets and bechamels, but the small one is a lilliputian thing, only fit for a pygmy. Its handle is really too short to be useful even for vinaigrettes. If they had only inflated their sizes a bit, this set would have been fit for every need, and near perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed:Handles fell apart!, March 8, 2012
Vic K (Upper Montclair, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Norpro 3 Piece Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk Set (Kitchen)
When I received the package containing the Norpro 3 piece whisks from amazon, I couldn't understand why there was sand in the box. Then as I unpacked the whisks I realized that the end cap from one of the whisks had come off and that the cement/sand inside the handle of the whisk was falling out. I replaced the top and thought it was due to rough shipping and handling. Its been two weeks and the second whisk has lost its top and is also leaking out its handle contents. It might be too late to return these to Amazon, but I will definitely not be buying more of these products from Norpro. Its OXO for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice variety of sizes, but dent easily, August 31, 2006
This review is from: Norpro 3 Piece Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk Set (Kitchen)
These whisks are great in that there are so many sizes, you can always find the right one. And my three-year-old loves using the tiny one to help cook.

BUT they do dent easily. The handles are hollow, and each of them has at least one little dent in it. We don't use them particularly roughly either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Life saver, March 11, 2005
This review is from: Norpro 3 Piece Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk Set (Kitchen)
I used to dread making batters until these whisks. They are sturdy and the three sizes give flexibility: I love using the small one for eggs. A snap to clean. Only wish the handle could have a better grip like Oxo's rubber grip. But 3 whisks for this price is excellent value.

Norpro 3 Piece Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk Set