5.0 out of 5 stars great peel
I had read reviews on this before buying, and bought it in spite of negative reviews about cracking.

First time i used it, it did what its supposed to do. Second and third time, same deal. Fourth time, my GF slid the pizza onto the stone in the oven, then handed it to me, who promptly but absent-mindedly rinsed the cornmeal off in the sink.

THIS is...
Published on January 20, 2012 by Charles M. Evans

1.0 out of 5 stars It is so thin it broke after first use
I can't really comment because I never got to use it through 1 full pizza. The pizza paddle was glued together and cracked right down one of the seams during the first use. Low quality...
Published on November 23, 2009 by IanB

5.0 out of 5 stars great peel, January 20, 2012
This review is from: Norpro Pizza Peel and Paddle (Kitchen)

THIS is probably everybodys problem with this product. When we used the damp peel to pull the pizza out, the heat from the oven and then the pizza resting on it caused it to bow. Big time, like a pringles chip. Thats what happen to woods like spruce when exposed to big changes in humidity.

We let the peel cool, rinsed the entire thing and wiped it down, then hung it to dry with both sides exposed. It returned to flat in about 30 minutes.

SO TAKE NOTE: Do not use a wet or even slightly damp peel to cook. Always make sure it is dry through the entire pizza making process. And when drying after use, try to hang or stand the peel up in a rack, so the moisture doesnt try to escape through the exposed side only (when its flat on a counter).

1.0 out of 5 stars It is so thin it broke after first use, November 23, 2009
This review is from: Norpro Pizza Peel and Paddle (Kitchen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Spacious, functional, well-built pizza peel!, August 12, 2009
Leah Pullem "Leah" (Louisville, KY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Norpro Pizza Peel and Paddle (Kitchen)
I've had a few other pizza peels before, and this one is by far the best I've used. I ordered it, and got it the next day, so I had to make a pizza to christen it. It worked like a dream. I used cornmeal on it and the pizza slid right off onto our pizza stone. No problem. It is also very large. You can make a pretty big pizza on that.

Construction seems very good, and the surface is very smooth. No loose wood pieces or anything like that. I highly recommend it... And I did a lot of research!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cracked after first use., December 24, 2009
This review is from: Norpro Pizza Peel and Paddle (Kitchen)
As 2 others said before me, I used this once, made 2 pizzas, picked up the peel an hour later and it cracked in half in my hands. Everything seemed fine before it cracked so I can only assume that it is not made to last.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warped and Cracked After Simple Rinse, October 11, 2009
A. Nardi (Grand Haven, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Norpro Pizza Peel and Paddle (Kitchen)
Really annoyed with this product. I hand-washed and wiped dry, but it still retained enough moisture to warp considerably and crack right up the middle. Avoid this cheap product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked great, then split in half, January 20, 2010
This review is from: Norpro Pizza Peel and Paddle (Kitchen)
I really liked this peel while it lasted. I used it for about six months then it just split in half. I guess I'll go for a metal one.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice pizza peel, March 18, 2007
This is a nice pizza peel. Even though this is a short handled model it worked perfectly. Please be sure to follow the directions and dry it off entirely and don't allow it to air dry as this may make it warp slightly. The fellow I purchased this from was kind enough to replace it cheerfully.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pizza Paddle, May 22, 2007
This review is from: Norpro Pizza Peel and Paddle (Kitchen)
This has worked great and is just big enough and just think enough to work for putting the pizza in and taking it out.

When putting the pizza in the paddle needs to be heavily floured or use corn meal so the pizza doesnt stick.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, January 31, 2011
ChrisV (Jacksonville, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this peel to make grilling pizzas easier, and its done what I hoped it would do. It makes a convenient surface for rolling out half-pound dough balls and placing toppings, and when properly prepared, the dough releases easily from the peel. Its great for pulling off finished pizzas, and much less cumbersome than trying to use an overturned cookie sheet.

This is a very basic peel though. The wood is unfinished, and I've found that it absorbs water and oils very easily. If you don't properly prep the wood with corn meal or flour prior to putting the dough on top, or you don't have the dough oiled well enough, its going to stick, and tear apart. For a basic peel though, this one does a good job.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warped and cracked on first use, July 23, 2010
Brent Sleeper (San Francisco, Calif.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Norpro Pizza Peel and Paddle (Kitchen)
Although nice-looking upon opening, I thought the wood seemed (1) too thin and (2) not sufficiently cured to have any structural stability. After one use, including quick rise and towel dry by hand, the peel warped and cracked. I immediately returned it for a refund and ordered a different brand of peel. Thank goodness the Amazon return process was painless.

Norpro Pizza Peel and Paddle