Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on February 21, 2010
Amazed, because if you don't have your veggies exactly evened out on all sides, when you take the steamer out of the pot, the handle/stem is so soft from the steam/heat that it won't stay straight and the entire steamer will fall over to one side. I'm sorry I purchased this item. The handle in the middle of the steamer gets super flimsy when hot and it's a real challenge to pull the steamer out of a pot unless you have perfectly (and I do mean perfectly) balanced out your food. For that reason I cannot recommend this steamer and will go back to my stainless one where the handle will stay stiff.
on March 18, 2013
It's ok, nice color but it's flimsy and hard to pull out of the pot once food has been steamed. It's not balanced if you just hold it by the center ring. And it's too hot to hold it on both sides. Besides it bends and keeps falling to the sides no matter how you lift it when it's full.
on December 10, 2012
After reading many of the reviews I decided on this product in spite of some of the comments about difficulty pulling the steamer out of a pot. If using a smaller pot, it's true: it does not come out easily. However, I usually just remove the vegetables with tongs anyway, so it is not an issue. (of course that wouldn't work with peas..) I think if you were to use a wider pot it would be fine (it's just my husband and I, so I generally use a smaller pot anyway). Another comment I read was about hard water stains. Mine has whitish stains too, but we live in a hard water area, so I am used to that. Besides it does not affect the effectiveness of the steamer or the taste of the food in any way. I can live with that as it is only cosmetic!

I have used a silicon steamer in the past, but I burned it when I forgot to put water in the pot, so I was interested in getting another. In the interim I went through 3 metal steamers, of varying prices, and they ALL fell apart!! So in spite of the negative about difficulty taking it out of the pot, I purchased this one and am happy with it.
on January 19, 2010
I originally bought one of those cool folding "stainless" steal steamers at Target (just like they sell here, though mine was Chefmate). I popped it in the dishwasher before even using it and the thing came out with little rust spots on it...my other stainless items did not! So, I was very happy to try this silicone strainer out tonight and see it worked perfectly. Also, I noticed in other reviews that other silicone steamers seemed to drop their contents as you lifted them from the pot. This version did not spill its contents when lifting and did a great job, so I give it 5 stars.
on June 1, 2010
This steamer basket is so much better than the metal ones that always fall apart. It is a softer silicone so you have to be cautious when taking the steamer basket out. I love it.
on June 25, 2012
I purchased this silicone basket for heating up jar lids for canning. A metal steamer scratches the lids, but silicone eliminates that problem. I agree with the previous reviewers who said that this steamer is too floppy to lift out of a pot of hot water. You must load the basket absolutely evenly if you have a chance to lift it by the stem, even then it is precarious. I still use this steamer basket, but I end up using it on top of the canning rack so I can raise it out of the boiling water, and then pick it up with two pair of tongs to get it out of the pot.
on April 2, 2010
Love my little red steamer. It is much easier to transer veggies to serving dish w/o burning myself. Recommend highly.
on March 28, 2014
Nothing is better than steamed veggies, and I bought this after getting tired of metal steamers scratching up my pots. The silicone is nice as it snugly fits in pots and holds several cups of broccoli, but its a mess when it comes to draining. If you pull the steamer straight up out of the pot, the entire thing is loose (jiggly?) from the heat and dumps your veggies all over the place. Its like trying to transfer veggies with wet pasta! If I pour the water out first I have to hold the veggies back with a stirrer spoon, then scoop them into a bowl. I like to keep the water sometimes so this isn't always a good option.

Great idea but not the best execution. Maybe I just have superpowers that cause silicone to lose strength?
on September 23, 2013
This steamer holds its shape when it is removed from the pot so that the vegetables do not fall out. However, I cannot use it in the pot in which I have been able to use a metal steamer because the center piece is so high. If you use it with a large or deep pot it should be okay, but I think it is silly to use a large pot for steaming a serving of veggies for one or two people.
on January 31, 2012
I have owned 4 of the stainless steel vegetable steamers. Why 4? Because they kept falling apart! This is the best item for steaming veggies I could ever hope for. My first try and I was thrilled. I would however use a bigger pan next time as this wedged itself to the 10" pan I used making removal a bit tricky. Other then that - FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See 1 answered question