4.0 out of 5 stars Sizes are inaccurate
Published on August 3, 2009 by John Gregory

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper if you buy them individually
Hey - I was looking for cookie scoops and saw this set. It is a pretty reasonable price, but....if you are a PRIME member and get free shipping - you can get them cheaper if you order individually.

Norpro Stainless Steel Scoop, 1 Tablespoon, 35mm is $15.99
Norpro Stainless Steel Scoop, 50mm (3-Tablespoon) is $13.12
Norpro 1-1/2-Tablespoon Scoop is...
Published on May 27, 2012 by I'm a mom

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizes are inaccurate, August 3, 2009
This review is from: Norpro Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop Set of 3 (Kitchen)
I just got these and I could tell just by looking at them that the sizes were inaccurate. The 2 tsp. scoop actually holds 1 level tablespoon. The 1 tablespoon scoop holds 1 1/2 tablespoons, and the 2 tablespoon scoop actually holds 3 tablespoons. This won't be a problem with most people but for some people who might be running a catering business and are concerned with things like cost and portion control it could be. The scoops themselves are well made and can probably handle the stiffest of cookie doughs. The action on the largest scoop isn't as smooth as the other two but I probably won't use it very often anyway. I'd use it as an ice cream scoop if I didn't already have one.

UPDATE: I've noticed that since this review was published that Amazon has updated the description of the item to show the accurate sizes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Norporo 3-piece Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop review, December 21, 2009
This review is from: Norpro Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop Set of 3 (Kitchen)
I normally make a lot of cookies around the holidays to share with friends and family. The small (non-Norpro) melon-baller/scooper I previously used broker after several dozen cookies (due to the heavier dough of some cookies). These Norpro units are very well made, and have a substantial spring. I was able to make 20 dozen cookies in one night (solo) and only rinsed the scoop after every sixteenth cookie (two trays of eight per oven load). They work extremely well, feel good in your hand, were a great price and I would highly recommend them. Having three sizes accommodates my needs for various uses beyond cookies, and I look forward to serving potatoes and some other foods using the new scoops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for baking, December 8, 2009
S. Taves (SE South Dakota) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Norpro Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop Set of 3 (Kitchen)
I purchased these scoops to make my cookies look more uniform. I've been using a spoon and not getting a uniform shape, with results of some cookies getting more well done than others on the same pan. They fit in my hand very well, easy to use. I much prefer to squeeze with my hand than using the scoops with the one finger trigger located by the head of the scoop. These clean up easily and look great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent professional-grade tools, January 18, 2011
This review is from: Norpro Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop Set of 3 (Kitchen)
These are professional-grade tools for the home cook who wants nothing but the best for their kitchen.

Nicely finished, sturdy, and very functional. Best of all, these are all stainless with no plastic to metal junctions where gunk can get trapped.

These are not the disposable junky kitchen gadgets most often encountered these days. These scoops are heirloom quality and 100% practical for the serious cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars ME WANT COOKIES!, January 16, 2010
This review is from: Norpro Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop Set of 3 (Kitchen)
They arrived, I cleaned them, I used them and I love them! I make cookies all the time and I really enjoy using cookie scoops for portion control and the perfect little round cookie. I recommend them for all serious cookie makers and eaters alike. They are the perfect size sccops and are not too heavy but are sturdy, easy to handle and professional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kitchen aid, January 30, 2010
This review is from: Norpro Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop Set of 3 (Kitchen)
I am very happy with my purchase of these scoops. They are well made and easy to use and clean. I'm just sorry I didn't purchase them a long time ago. They make a real difference in prep. work in the kitchen!

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful product to have, April 13, 2010
This review is from: Norpro Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop Set of 3 (Kitchen)
love these! from the first time i used one, i recognized their usefulness. not only do they keep the food size uniform, but if a small amount of cooking spray is applied, you can use them for just about anything. i used the larger one to make biscuits. what a pleasure! it swept the batter out cleanly and all the biscuits were done at the same time since they were all the same size. would definitely recommend this product for everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Poor Labeling, June 16, 2010
This review is from: Norpro Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop Set of 3 (Kitchen)
These things are good for scooping and dishing approximate sizes and volumes, but as a previous reviewer noted, they are not accurate enough for measuring baking ingredients. Still the volumes quoted on Amazon are not quite right, as the larger two are not a 3T and 1.5T disher, but rather a #24 disher and a #50 disher which are supposed to hold 2.67T and 1.28T respectively. My biggest problem with the set is that the smallest one, which is about 35mm and I'm guessing is a #60 or a #70 isn't labeled at all.

Update: According to Norpro's website the smallest scoop, Item Number 676 is a #70, which they claim is 1Tbs, but should actually be about .91 Tbs. Again, not good enough for measuring, and mine still isn't labled.

5.0 out of 5 stars In love!!!, May 14, 2010
Love these scoopers!!
They work great, are the perfect size for anything (ice cream, cookies, meatballs) and a very reasonable price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper if you buy them individually, May 27, 2012

Norpro Stainless Steel Scoop, 1 Tablespoon, 35mm is $15.99
Norpro Stainless Steel Scoop, 50mm (3-Tablespoon) is $13.12
Norpro 1-1/2-Tablespoon Scoop is $11.55

For a grand total of $40.66 - total savings of $9.33. Just sayin'.....

Norpro Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop Set of 3