Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 3.25in/8cm|Change

This is a basic item with a basic function, keep the twine clean and in order. It does this well and looks great on the counter.

If you don't think you need kitchen twine, get this and be amazed at how much you use it. Beyond just tying meats, this is great for tying cheesecloth to make greek yogurt, tie the bread bag shut when the twist-tie breaks, tie the base cupbords shut when a child is in your house for a visit, hang mistletoe, tie together herb budles, etc. I never realized how handy it is to have bits of sturdy twine ready for use.

It has become a real household staple.
11 comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2010
The twine holder is excellent--decent size for kitchen--don't worry about lack of cutter--you always have shears handy in the kitchen. DON'T buy the recommended second ball of twine the bozo's are trying to sell--it won't fit the holder!! :(
on December 29, 2008
simple. works. and easy to store because it is not too tall to go in the drawer.
on March 20, 2010
I was going to save money and purchase twine without a dispenser, thinking I wouldn't use it often, but I read Natasha Stryker's excellent review and realized there are so many uses for a basic cotton twine: Anchor tall perennials to bamboo stakes in my garden (instead of the non-biodegradable, plastic twist ties); hold in place the burlap I use to wrap my shrubs in late fall; thread some twine through a comb handle and my pumice foot buffer, which I can now hang off the hooks of my shower caddy; use twine as rustic "ribbon" to finish a gift wrapped in plain brown paper; tie tender branches together to prevent damage from heavy snowfall; make an impromptu clothesline in the bathroom ... the possibilities really are endless. Oh, yes, you can truss a chicken or stabilize a pot roast, too!
on December 11, 2010
I was getting ready to truss a chicken and realized I had not butchers twine at home. Needing to go buy some, reminded me that I've seen holders for them to help protect the sting from just sitting out.

I purchased this one because it was stainless steel, and came with twine. There are a lot that don't sell the twine together and this seemed like it was the best price.

Yes it doesn't come with a cutter, but I'm actually glad it doesn't. The view different kinds I've seen have a very cheap cutting blade which would make it difficult to cut. Just use your scissors or even a knife and you'll be fine.

I've been so happy with this purchase
on January 13, 2011
Nice keeper, but very dirty inside--be sure to clean before using! It's really a nice way to keep kitchen twine neat, and clean, and always handy. Item is made in China.
on December 30, 2010
Sometimes little things mean a lot, and that is true in the case of this item. I had some kitchen twine that came in a cheap plastic wrapper and I tried to store the twine in it, it was supposed to snap closed but never did--it annoyed the heck out of me, constantly ending up falling out of its wrapper and into the black hole of the drawer somewhere. Now I have a home for the twine! The twine that comes with the dispenser is heavier and even better than the twine I previously had. Someone said it is smaller than expected. How big does something like this need to be? The dimensions are given, about 3 1/2" high. To me that seems adequate. The container is sturdy and easy to find. This has been a problem solver for me and a nice way to keep a little part of my world organized and clutter free.
on October 30, 2010
Loved the Stainless Steel Holder filled with Cotton cooking twine. Beautiful container. The service was great. Packed well, sent speedily. Bought through Amazon.
on March 23, 2014
I was a meat cutter for 7 years. If you are looking for twine like the kind meat cutters use, keep looking. Multiple problems here. First, the container is too small for the amount that is in it; I kept trying to tie a prime rip like we used to in the meat department and the twine would not easily feed through the container opening without getting bound up, requiring me to pull the lid off and un-jam the twine. Second, the twine is weak; I'd try to snap a butcher's knot and the twine would break every time unless just pulled the line very gently. Disappointing.
on August 4, 2012
The holder and ball of twine is much smaller than I thought it would be. I guess I was expecting a full ball of twine. This twine is about the size of a small apple. ...My bad though, I should have read the specs a bit closer.

Getting the cap off was a chore, but I finally succeeded by pulling and twisting at the same time. It is not threaded, the cap simply presses on and the compression/friction holds it very well.
I didn't have the trouble others have had finding the end of the string. I could see it right away in the middle of the ball, and threaded it through the rubber grommet. The twine is thick and feels like it's good quality.

After I got over the initial size disappointment, I began to think that this smaller size would actually fit better in my small kitchen, and it does, so in the end I'm happy with my purchase.

Some improvements I would suggest is to either ship the container pre-threaded with the twine, or at least tape the starting end of the twine on the outside of the ball so people would not have trouble finding it. A twist-loc top would be an improvement as well, so people don't have to struggle with getting the lid off.

All in all, I think this will be an asset to my kitchen.