5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job well
This is a basic item with a basic function, keep the twine clean and in order. It does this well and looks great on the counter.

Published on December 4, 2008 by Natasha Stryker

1.0 out of 5 stars Not like the meat department
Published 5 months ago by Major_Zero

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job well, December 4, 2008
This review is from: Norpro Stainless-Steel Holder with Cotton Cooking Twine, 220 feet (Kitchen)

If you don't think you need kitchen twine, get this and be amazed at how much you use it. Beyond just tying meats, this is great for tying cheesecloth to make greek yogurt, tie the bread bag shut when the twist-tie breaks, tie the base cupbords shut when a child is in your house for a visit, hang mistletoe, tie together herb budles, etc. I never realized how handy it is to have bits of sturdy twine ready for use.

It has become a real household staple.

4.0 out of 5 stars Norpro twine holder, December 11, 2010
Capt. D (Sunny new england) - See all my reviews
The twine holder is excellent--decent size for kitchen--don't worry about lack of cutter--you always have shears handy in the kitchen. DON'T buy the recommended second ball of twine the bozo's are trying to sell--it won't fit the holder!! :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and fits standing up in the drawer, December 29, 2008
simple. works. and easy to store because it is not too tall to go in the drawer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Twine-tastic, January 13, 2011
Nice keeper, but very dirty inside--be sure to clean before using! It's really a nice way to keep kitchen twine neat, and clean, and always handy. Item is made in China.

5.0 out of 5 stars twine holder, December 11, 2010
I was getting ready to truss a chicken and realized I had not butchers twine at home. Needing to go buy some, reminded me that I've seen holders for them to help protect the sting from just sitting out.

I purchased this one because it was stainless steel, and came with twine. There are a lot that don't sell the twine together and this seemed like it was the best price.

Yes it doesn't come with a cutter, but I'm actually glad it doesn't. The view different kinds I've seen have a very cheap cutting blade which would make it difficult to cut. Just use your scissors or even a knife and you'll be fine.

I've been so happy with this purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars A great item, December 30, 2010
Sometimes little things mean a lot, and that is true in the case of this item. I had some kitchen twine that came in a cheap plastic wrapper and I tried to store the twine in it, it was supposed to snap closed but never did--it annoyed the heck out of me, constantly ending up falling out of its wrapper and into the black hole of the drawer somewhere. Now I have a home for the twine! The twine that comes with the dispenser is heavier and even better than the twine I previously had. Someone said it is smaller than expected. How big does something like this need to be? The dimensions are given, about 3 1/2" high. To me that seems adequate. The container is sturdy and easy to find. This has been a problem solver for me and a nice way to keep a little part of my world organized and clutter free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job, and others as well, March 20, 2010
I was going to save money and purchase twine without a dispenser, thinking I wouldn't use it often, but I read Natasha Stryker's excellent review and realized there are so many uses for a basic cotton twine: Anchor tall perennials to bamboo stakes in my garden (instead of the non-biodegradable, plastic twist ties); hold in place the burlap I use to wrap my shrubs in late fall; thread some twine through a comb handle and my pumice foot buffer, which I can now hang off the hooks of my shower caddy; use twine as rustic "ribbon" to finish a gift wrapped in plain brown paper; tie tender branches together to prevent damage from heavy snowfall; make an impromptu clothesline in the bathroom ... the possibilities really are endless. Oh, yes, you can truss a chicken or stabilize a pot roast, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars String Holder, October 30, 2010
Loved the Stainless Steel Holder filled with Cotton cooking twine. Beautiful container. The service was great. Packed well, sent speedily. Bought through Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not like the meat department, March 23, 2014
Major_Zero (Yamhill County, Oregon) - See all my reviews
I was a meat cutter for 7 years. If you are looking for twine like the kind meat cutters use, keep looking. Multiple problems here. First, the container is too small for the amount that is in it; I kept trying to tie a prime rip like we used to in the meat department and the twine would not easily feed through the container opening without getting bound up, requiring me to pull the lid off and un-jam the twine. Second, the twine is weak; I'd try to snap a butcher's knot and the twine would break every time unless just pulled the line very gently. Disappointing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ball of twine is way too big., July 20, 2012
The roll is too big to unwind by pulling thru the hole on top.
After removing several FEET of string, I was able to get it close to working.
I believe they sell a 186 foot roll.
Overall I am dissapointed in this item. the rubber grommet in the hole keeps coming out.
Let's wait and see how a smaller roll works.

UPDATE:
The twine that came with this was a tight fit in the container on all six sides (3.2 x 3.2 x 3.2).

I see where NORPRO sells a replacement that measures 2.5 inches, thus I will give this a try.
But the roll that comes with this is a tight fit.

Rate and Discover Movies