From the Back Cover
Maintain and troubleshoot Nortel routers with this definitive hands-on guide.
Learn to troubleshoot Nortel routers and prevent network malfunctions with this authoritative reference. Written by a Nortel technical expert, this practical guide provides detailed coverage of how to ensure smooth router performance, and as a result, improve network reliability. Beginning with an overview of Access and backbone architectures, this book explains BayRS routers and interfaces, as well as troubleshooting datalink issues and network protocols. You'll also discover strategies for optimizing software and hardware performance and learn to baseline operational metrics. If you are a technician, engineer, or network architect working with Nortel Networks routers, this is the ultimate hands-on guide.
- Learn and optimize Nortel's GAME operating system
- Support and troubleshoot Nortel routers efficiently
- Resolve network and datalink layer issues
- Identify operational problems and resolve media issues
- Measure key performance indicators
- Solve encryption and security problems
- Determine system requirements and reduce upgrading costs
About the Author
Ragho Mahalingam (Nashua, NH) is a certified Nortel Networks Engineer and is currently a member of the Senior Technical Staff as a Group Support Engineer at Nortel Networks where he supports mission critical data networks based on Bay/Nortel Network routers, switches and multivendor equipment.