Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on June 3, 2011
This became my daughter's favorite doll the moment she layed eyes on it. She is 18 months. This baby goes with her to school, bed, and everywhere in between. The diaper is super cute, but my daughter is in the stage where she doesn't even leave her own diaper on... so, needless to say, the baby is almost always naked... except for the hat. The hat is sewn on and it has a ribbon on top that is sewn into a bow shape, but a stitch has come loose so the bow is coming undone. The diaper and shirt have velcro closures. She also came with a name bracelet that I removed immediately... I didn't see it lasting long and figured I'd put it back on her some years down the road when she's in a momento chest. :P

This baby doll has survived two washes thus far without a hitch... she looks brand new.

Let's see... what else? Oh, she has an "outty" bellybutton and the cutest little hiney!

TWO THUMBS UP! This doll is the best!

--------------------------------------

Update December 7, 2012:

A year and a half later and this baby is still my daughter's favorite. She has held up perfectly through many washings. The hat is still miraculously attached. The only things that show this baby's age are 1) her matted hair, which I've never even attempted to comb through. It's matted up with blanket fuzz, but the bow is still there! And 2) her hat has a lot of pilling. The ribbon on the hat has to re-tied often (or tied into a bow and then a knot).

We are sooooo in love with "Baby"! :)
on May 9, 2010
My 21 month old daughter LOVES this doll so much. She first set her eyes on it at GAP when her grandparents were visiting and wanted to buy her something. She ran toward it and wouldn't let go once it was in her hands. It's been months now and she still cannot live without her baby doll. She sleeps with it all the time and constantly talks about her when we're out and she's not with us. I've gotten her so many "fun" and interactive toys, yet this is by far her favorite. It's soft all over, easy to wash and dry, simple but cute, and the perfect size for my toddler to hug while falling asleep. The only problem might be that the doll's jacket is sort of small and flimsy with a velcro closure, so my daughter took it off every chance she could get. I just eventually got sick of putting it back on all the time so I threw it away and just put on a newborn size t-shirt my daughter used to wear on her instead. It fits perfectly and makes my daughter feel even more like she's one of us. Also, the tiny tuft of hair on top of her head was too enticing for my little girl so she kept chewing on it at night. It got really gross and matted so I cut it off. Besides those two minor oversights, it's a wonderful doll.
on January 15, 2014
So, we bought this for my daughter for Christmas...very cute. She loves to dress the doll and change her diaper...however within two weeks my daughter managed to pull the belly button off and of course where does it end up...in my daughters nose. Not a good experience. And it looks as though the dolls nose is made the same way...a small ball sewn to the dolls face which could easily come off. Not thrilled with this. Even if it had not ended up in her nose, I would consider this poor craftsmanship.
on November 8, 2008
We bought this baby for our daughters first birthday. It was love at first sight. It is so cute and soft and loveable. She won't sleep without her baby. It is so great that you can get it in any hair color or skin tone. Has been every where for six months and has held up well. We did take off the ID bracelet. The bracelet is very cute but hard, and the first thing you want to do with this doll is hug it because it is so soft. The Id bracelet is not cuddly. That is my only complaint and is easily remedied. Great Toy!!!!!
on December 1, 2011
That is unless CHINA is now in America.
I specifically bought this because Amazon has it listed under its Made in America category and I am trying to purchase gifts made here. I don't know whose error it is, Amazon or false advertising by North American Bear Company.
The doll itself is exactly as pictured and is very nice. It will make a good 1st birthday present for my niece. But now I know that I can't trust Amazon with regard to where items are manufactured. I intend to file a complaint with Amazon as well. If you are also trying to shop for American goods be forewarned that this doll is not one of them.
Since it hasn't been used yet, I can't rate it for durability but if it had been made here I would have rated it 5 stars.
55 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2008
We have had this doll for a year. And the first thing my toddler did was take all of it's clothes off. If possible do not remove the stitch that attaches the hat. You will never get it to stay on once you do, so ours is lost. Very very soft material and great for hugging. Good size for doll strollers and the diaper and shirt has velcro fasteners so it's easy for a small child to dress. This would be a great doll for a child who has a new brother or sister. Then they can have a new baby too :) Especially with the id bracelet it's very special.
on December 29, 2010
I bought this doll as a St. Nick gift for my 2-year-old daughter. She loves it and is CONSTANTLY stripping the clothes off - something she couldn't do with her Water Babies doll (also nice doll for different purposes). Now I just look forward to her learning to put the clothes BACK ON :) In any case, she especially loves how soft and cuddly the doll is - if I were a child, this is the one I would've wanted and played with. Most dolls are hard or have soft bodies with hard head, hands, and feet - which to me is just weird. This one is just so loveably soft and it's face is very "gentle" too. Great doll and I'm sure she'll get more out of it when she gets better at pretending and develops a little more dexterity for putting the clothes back on (which will be easy with this doll compared to others). Oh, and I love that we can buy other accessories for it without wondering whether or not they'll work (another problem I have with the Water Baby doll - can't find clothes to fit it).
on September 1, 2011
This is a "nice" doll but not nearly as gorgeous as I had hoped for. I was going to buy this for my daughter for Christmas but have decided to send it back because I just don't think it's that cute :-( The fabric and construction is good quality and I think this toy would last lots of cuddles and trips through the washing machine. The top was a bit flimsy and floppy. The one I received didn't have the velcro fastening in the correct position so the top gaped. For me the search continue for the right soft fabric doll.
on April 23, 2016
This is an absolutely sweet and lovable baby doll. I bought this for my daighter's second Christmas, to be her first real "baby doll". I chose this doll because I loved that she was soft doll, including her head, and also because of the adorable "outtie" belly button, which my daughter has as well.

She comes with a cute hat, shirt, diaper and hospital bracelet, and the hat and bracelet are attached to her so they can't be lost (but both could be easily cut if removal is desired). The top and diaper can both be removed.

She instantly loved this baby doll and she has since become one of my daughter's favorite toys. She's so soft and cuddly and lovable, I think any child would agree!
on August 9, 2015
Very pleased with my purchase. I went looking for a birthday gift, and wanted to find a doll which was soft enough for a little girl to sleep with, so she wouldn't wake up with little imprints of hard plastic limbs on her cheeks! I tried stores first and there wasn't much out there. I ordered this instead and was delighted to find that it is nice quality, super soft and cuddly, has no odor nor "baby powder scent", and has a cute little face. I'm always surprised at the number of baby dolls whose faces are unnatural and slightly creepy, and that scented vinyl thing that some of them have is just a really bad idea. It'd be a bad idea even if it were a NICE scent but it seldom is.

Definitely recommend this...I'll probably buy another for the next little birthday girl in my family.