5.0 out of 5 stars TNF Quality
Published on March 5, 2012 by Ant

1.0 out of 5 stars Cutting corners
I hope this review can help someone avoid the problem I ran into.

Published on February 2, 2012 by Joe

1.0 out of 5 stars Cutting corners, February 2, 2012
This review is from: Mens North Face Denali Jacket R Charcoal Grey Heather
I hope this review can help someone avoid the problem I ran into.

I previously owned one Denali fleece and purchased another one for my father. I can't say enough good things about these jackets; they have held up to years of abuse. However, the new "recycled fleece" Denali is a far cry from the quality I've come to expect from North Face. On the internet they look exactly the same, but up close the recycled product looks much cheaper than previous years. In addition, the fleece sheds EVERYWHERE. I have a black car, and I ordered a grey fleece. My car was covered in fuzz in one day. Not to mention the shirt I was wearing underneath and my couch. The other two fleeces have never shed, even after numerous wash and dry cycles.

North Face refunded my money without a problem. However, when I informed them I was unhappy with the product they basically acknowledged that there is a change in quality due to their commitment to "go green".

Sorry, but if you change the quality that people have come to expect by using recycled materials and still keep the costs the same (very high) you'll be processing a lot of returns.

5.0 out of 5 stars TNF Quality, March 5, 2012
This review is from: Mens North Face Denali Jacket R Charcoal Grey Heather
I decided to buy one of these jackets for myself and ever since it came I haven't really taken it off for any reason besides sleeping. It's so comfy and warm without being too hot (the armpit zippers really help vent out excess heat). I can wear it comfortably outside in the cold (about 30F, -1C) and indoors is easy to cope with while still having it zipped up. The stitching is superb, it won't be falling apart like some knock-off or much cheaper jacket. I can wear it anywhere because it has just the right amount of minimalist style. All-in-all, a quality product.

I am a 5'10" (178cm), 160lbs (72.6 Kg) male with an athletic build and I got a large. I like my jackets a little loose for breathability and I feel this was just the right size to have. Hope that helps anyone considering what size to get. Oh and the cinch cords on the bottom are great for adjustments.

2.0 out of 5 stars not what it's cracked up to be, February 18, 2012
This review is from: Mens North Face Denali Jacket R Charcoal Grey Heather
The North Face Denali is a watered down version of the original fleece outdoor gear redesigned for the "soccer Dad" set who are looking to cut a nice profile among the other Dads, but don't need functionality. Originally produced by other companies as a heavy fleece inner coat this jacket is a poorly sewn, medium weight jacket built for riding in your SUV. The seams are not well felled and are overly bulky, the underarm vents too small and cheaply done (they don't cross over the seam of the arm with the body), the cuffs are not well gusseted, the cut is too tight to fit over underlayer and not loose enough for freedom of movement. I find it a reasonably good single-use garment if you can get it for under $90 but I've found better jackets of similar utility and quality at Marshall's for under $40. The fact that North Face charges $160 and that people actually pay that for this jacket should tell you something about the North Face target market. If you want a functional fleece jacket then look for those marketed as "heavy fleece" which is the furry kind. Heavy fleece does pill, but it should last 3 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars good jacket. but everyone else has the same jacket too., March 9, 2013
This review is from: Mens North Face Denali Jacket R Charcoal Grey Heather
premium price but worth it through quality. ive had mine for about 2 years ago, been through many washing cycles and the fabric is very durable with no visible hint of wear and tear.

5.0 out of 5 stars warm, December 19, 2013
Light weight, yet extremely warm jacket! I also purchased the North Face logo beanie as well. Very stylish and warn combination!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Surprise, December 3, 2012
It turned out to be warmer then I was expecting. The fit is very good and the size is accurate.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, June 26, 2011
This is the third Northface jacket I have purchased at Amazon, I gave to my husband and he loves it, but says its almost too warm. It came packaged in plastic with the tags on, it is true to size and shipped very quickly. I don't have anything negative to say except I would like to see a bigger selection to choose from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier, June 27, 2011
I am always a bit concerned to order any clothes online. However, this experience was a GREAT one. I am more then happy wit hthe entire proccess and the final product. I'd gladly do it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Trendy, nice-looking, and warm, February 22, 2013
This review is from: Mens North Face Denali Jacket R Charcoal Grey Heather
This jacket combines extra-thick Polartec 300 fleece with a second wind-stopping, wear-resistant shell that covers the chest and shoulders to create a jacket that is exceptionally warm, at least for fleece. I also like that it uses recycled materials. And it looks great too. But...Having that fabric shell over the top half of the jacket means there is less "give" and the jacket sometime binds a little around the shoulders and armpits. And the "handwarmer" pockets don't keep your hands warm because they are lined with a flimsy nylon material instead of fleece, so you're better off sticking your hands in your pants pockets or wearing gloves. And even though it is thicker and warmer than most fleece, on a really cold windy day you'll need an outer shell. I've found that it zips nicely into a Marmot rain shell with Zippin capability, like the Tamarack or Palisades, except that the cuff hooks don't match. Obviously, a North Face shell would work too.

5.0 out of 5 stars North Face Men's Fleece Jacket, June 26, 2011
This jacket was purchased for it's brand name, as a gift for someone who appreciates a quality product. I am happy to report that not only does it look great, it meets all our expectations, wearing well and washes like a dream without the dreaded pills of many other fleece jackets on the market. Needless to say, it was well worth the purchase price?

Mens North Face Denali Jacket R Charcoal Grey Heather