Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 23, 2007
I dont know what the other reviewer is talking about. I"ve been using these to light my green screen shoots and they have been amazing. Ive shot for 8 hours at a stretch and had no problems. They even pack an extra bulb in with each kit in case one blows. Ive had three of these lights for about a month and none has burnt a bulb yet.
on November 30, 2007
I purchased two of these worklights because they were so inexpensive. They come as 3 pieces in the box, with the bulbs packed separately. Assembly and bulb installation requires a screw driver. It would have been nice if you could do everything toollessly.

The lamp is very bright with a 500W bulb and good reflector. You absolutely need the metal grate attached as the glass gets very hot. It's also a good idea to keep the lamp away from any falling objects as any bits of dust or paper that fall on the glass are vaporized. There's also a cool down period before you can stow the lamp somewhere without fear of fire.

The swivel neck allows the head to move to almost any direction. The stand is fairly stable. The foam handle stays cool allowing it to be moved. It instantly illuminates a large room, and two are more than enough for most purposes. One note: since each one takes 500W, you can't have more than 3 on a regular 15A circuit.

The bad: The bulb provided burns out very quickly as at least one other reviewer mentioned. Thankfully, a spare bulb is included. There is no on-off switch. And the cable provided is fairly short.

Aside from those shortcomings, the price is so low that it's worth it to buy several and just buy a bulk pack of 500W bulbs.
on May 26, 2014
Excellent work light, with a bright vivid color. Be aware, it has a very short cord, so if you want to hang it up you'll need an extension. And as befits a bright high pressure light, you can't really look directly into it comfortably. It gets surprisingly hot, but I've run it for hours without a problem. All in all a great value.
on November 10, 2009
great light I have had it over a month and still using the same bulb. although I did find basically the same thing at walmart for half the price
on May 3, 2014
I have a friend who renoed a co-op and needed time to figure out the lighting. I suggested this light with a line dimmer ( < $20.) on it until she was ready to bring the electrician back to retrofit lights in the kitchen. That was 2 years ago and she's still using the setup while she continues to deal with other design/build issues.
on July 30, 2013
I bought 3 of these last year and I am happy with them.

I always bring them to every shoot, but almost never use them because I always have someone on my team with better light kits.

But when I do use them I really love the vivid colors I get.

They have short chords and no on off switch, (something I forgot last time I used them) they are super bright and they get very hot and take a while to cool down.

But being so cheap, they are fairly un-regrettable.
on November 25, 2008
This is a hardy light, with good illumination, however the hinge mechanism is faulty/non-funtional and requires a 2x4 block to hold it steady, and the power cord should be a LOT longer.
on November 18, 2013
For the price it is a very bright and powerful light. It does put out a lot of heat so the grate is needed to protect yourself from being burned. The only con I can think of is the power cord is a bit short. So make sure you have a good long extension cord handy, Highly recommend,
on November 13, 2012
This light gives off enough light to lite your project. The only drawback is that it has an extremely short cord, gets very hot, and will not sit in odd work locations (bulky and ackward). For close quarters work, and preventative conditions described above, I would get a dfferent style work-light. Otherwise this is an ideal light to see your work project, and the price is ideal.
on July 9, 2014
Works fine -- wish it had an easier way to turn it off and on.