Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on August 19, 2010
Purchased this Bag and love the Heavy Diamond Ripstop Material. Very Roomy and has been well made - comes with a shoulder strap that can be taken off - Comes in handy when the bag is full. Holds everything that we need for the Campsite in one place. I don't think the Zipper will ever break on this one - It's so much bigget than anything else that i've seen on Bags like this.
on July 8, 2011
Recently bought this duffle bag for my 11 year old son. Two years in a row his other nylon duffles were ripped before he even made it to camp with a weeks worth of clothes in them. So I bought this Cloth duffle and so far it is holding up great. It has a strong zipper and is longer than most duffle bags. It holds a lot and hopefully will make it all the way through the summer with each get away.
on May 7, 2011
This bag is tough. Material is thick, and when compared to the duffel I had from R E I, this felt twice as thick. I like the criss-cross diamond "design". Not only does it make it strong, but it makes the fabric design look unique but subtle. Only drawback is that there is only one zipper instead of most bags that have 2, but at least the zipper is large and appears durable. But if needed, you can slip a luggage lock through the zipper eye and the d-ring on the side of the duffel.

Now I'm ready to haul my wads of cash around without worry!
on February 20, 2012
I was in the Army, so I always compare Duffle bags to what I used in the military. This isn't as good as an Army-issued Duffle, but it's a good Duffle none-the-less. Its biggest drawback is that it's not waterproof. If it was, I'd give this five stars. It's very roomy, which is great on one hand but had the unintentional downside of encouraging me to keep adding to it. I bought this to use as an emergency supply kit, but now it weighs too much to lug around long distances. I'd also like it more if it came with backpack straps. I imagine if you're buying this for the gym or travel, you'll love it.
on February 4, 2011
This is a great bag holds a ton of stuff and is strong enough to use it for a long time.
I got them on sale so I was not sure what to expect I was happily suprised.
Cons well none really does what it is meant to perfectly, for those of you who feel the need to use it for something else...
1. Not water proof.
2. No backpack straps.
3. Does not come with any goodies.
Buy it for $30 c it is a good deal any cheaper and it is a steal.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 18, 2012
I love these Northstar products. I travel a lot ,and have several different sizes, of these quality gear bags, for hauling around all of my outdoor hunting,fishing, cooking, camping gear.

The Diamond Ripstop material, is very strong, and holds up to the abuse of weather ,or kicking around in the bed of a pickup truck.

The zippers are strong and dependable ,that can be a big issue on inferior products, but Northstar has that covered with quality components. For dependability, and strength over the long haul, I give this product a high recommendation for durability and quality.

I hope this review has been helpful ,and helps you make an informed buying decision. Thank You.
on April 17, 2013
For the price, this bag is an incredible value. The zipper and seams appear very strong. After a few international trips it has held up very well. My one concern is with the shoulder strap, secured to the bag with plastic clips. With an excess load, it seems that the shoulder strap would be the first to fail.

The size is also about right, anything bigger would be much more difficult to carry for an extended distance. This bag also falls within most airlnes maximum size requirements for checked luggage. You may have difficulty trying to make this your carry on though.
on August 20, 2012
We purchased 3 of these bags (seller was MR Moto and did a fine job)

They are fine to not great. The fabric is not nearly as strong or durable as we had hoped, and they will last only a few flights before we have to replace them.

Now if you are looking for a no frills low cost gym bag, or gear bag these are fine for light duty.

I will not be buying northstar again, there are also small holes in the base of each bag, these holes are machined and uniform I have no idea why there decided to do this?

In fact I am currently looking for another bag but not these....
on July 23, 2012
I was looking for pure function... bags that would not rip, have the handles torn off, or zipper break. I doubt any of these will occur with this bag. I've never seen such a strong zipper.
on May 24, 2011
Bought to carry our Graco Pack and Play to England and back. The Pack and Play has a bag but it isn't particularly robust. This bag worked a treat and had some room for diapers and a few clothes down the sides. We lent the bag to a friend for the same thing a few weeks after we returned from our holiday.

I thought this was a great price for such a tuff bag.