5.0 out of 5 stars Love the bag, not the misleading dimensions
I really did need a bag AT LEAST 16x40. That was the minimum dimension I could use to store a rolled up twin sized foam mattress for camping.

The bag I received was actually 15x38 from seam to seam (it is a cylindar, so the 15" is the diameter of the circular end.

Published on December 10, 2010 by CPAChicago

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the toughest bag on the rack
The plastic loop of the shoulder strap broke on the third day, I was very disappointed. While the bag itself remains useful that broken buckle limits mobility
Published on December 28, 2012 by Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the bag, not the misleading dimensions, December 10, 2010
This review is from: Northstar Sports 1050 HD Tuff Diamond Ripstop Gear/Duffle Bag (16" x 40" Large) (Sports)

I did not take off a star because very few people would be as picky about the dimensions as I am being.

The fabric itself feels like very sturdy cloth and the dualing zipper seems very sturdy and there are well sewed carrying handles on each end. Very, very nice.

On the insert the bag came with, it mentions two sizes 16x40 and 18x42. I am guessing that the 18x42 is really 17x40, so I am out to obtain that one instead.

MotoBuys was excellant about emailing to me a return shipping UPS label.

This is the 18x42 in blue: Sport Gear 18 x 42" Duffle Bag - Blue Diamond

<Update 12/18/2010. NorthStarBags replied to my email within 20 minutes and worked with me to get the 18x42 in Grey as they will not have any more in black until March. Here is their response regarding the dimension issue:

We go back and forth with our factory about keeping the quality-up to our specifications all of the time. This is an ongoing battle and I'm sorry that this happened to you. We'll work with the Factory to build these bags to the right size on our future orders.

We have shipped you a SD1842 Charcoal Gear Bag No Charge.

We really appreciate your bringing the measurements to our attention. We have been able to catch all of our spring production. Your attention to details has helped us tremendously and we really do thank-you. Our company is just starting out and we want to build our reputation on Quality Products and Happy customers that feel they are getting a quality product for their hard earned dollars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag!, March 26, 2012
ScooterJ "scooterjm" (Kansas City, MO United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this bag to replace a tent bag that had ripped. Wow, I really underestimated the size of this bag! I was able to put in not only my tent and poles, but also the tarp and the air mattresses and I STILL have room for more! It seems to be very rugged and durable, a great bag for the price. I'll definitely be ordering another one, maybe two!

5.0 out of 5 stars this is how all travel bags SHOULD be made, August 5, 2013
Wonderful product - has traveled around the world. It is designed PROPERLY and at an unbeatable price. The zippers are heavy duty, the straps are sewn in tight over large areas so they don't easily rip out like other cheap bags. the cloth is fairly heavy duty - especially considering the very low price of this item. Finally someone actually thought before designing a travel bag - no more stupid flaws or weak tear points.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camping Gear, September 22, 2011
I put all my camping gear in this thing and throw it in the back of my jeep. It's great! Tent, air mattress, sleeping bag, camp chair, awning... the whole deal. Great bag!

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR, August 6, 2011
GREAT DUFFLE BAG, WITH LOTS OF ROOM, AT A ROCK BOTTOM PRICE AT AMAZON WAREHOUSE SALES. IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE MORE ITEMS WITH THIS KIND OF VALUE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the money, July 29, 2013
Bought this as cheap motorcycle luggage. It held up over a 1000 mile trip draped over the passenger seat without a sign of wear. Kept the water out through moderate rain. A great piece of motorcycle gear, even if that wasn't the intent.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the toughest bag on the rack, December 28, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, November 24, 2012
I ordered two for my week long camping trip to Oahu with my Girlfriend. All our gear, and backpacks fit nicely with room to spare! Our supplies made it through the airline's baggage handling just fine. No noticeable snags or rips. A couple of odd stains but I think it will wash out.

Was concerned that this bag might be considered over-sized luggage, but the airport gave us no trouble.

Lastly, they fold/roll up nicely (not tiny mind you) and sat in the bottom of our backpacks while hiking around.

Good product, would order it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised: Good cheap haulage, November 20, 2012
F. Pryor (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
Purchased two to organize kayak accessories. Not bullet-proof, but quite tough. Wish they came in other colors so they could be identified at a glance. But that's not worth losing a star over as they are exactly what they say they are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great suitcase, September 8, 2011
I bought this bag to use mostly as a suitcase and it works very well for that purpose. Easy to carry through hallways and up stairs with strap over a shoulder without marking up the walls because it wraps around my body when carrying it like that. Also being long with a long zipper makes it easy to find what you want even though it holds alot of stuff. Well made, too. Should last a long time. Great bag.