5.0 out of 5 stars Love the bag, not the misleading dimensions
I really did need a bag AT LEAST 16x40. That was the minimum dimension I could use to store a rolled up twin sized foam mattress for camping.

The bag I received was actually 15x38 from seam to seam (it is a cylindar, so the 15" is the diameter of the circular end.

Published on December 10, 2010 by ChicagoCPA

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the toughest bag on the rack
The plastic loop of the shoulder strap broke on the third day, I was very disappointed. While the bag itself remains useful that broken buckle limits mobility
Published 21 months ago by Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the bag, not the misleading dimensions, December 10, 2010
This review is from: Northstar Sports 1050 HD Tuff Diamond Ripstop Gear/Duffle Bag (16" x 40" Large) (Sports)

I did not take off a star because very few people would be as picky about the dimensions as I am being.

The fabric itself feels like very sturdy cloth and the dualing zipper seems very sturdy and there are well sewed carrying handles on each end. Very, very nice.

On the insert the bag came with, it mentions two sizes 16x40 and 18x42. I am guessing that the 18x42 is really 17x40, so I am out to obtain that one instead.

MotoBuys was excellant about emailing to me a return shipping UPS label.

This is the 18x42 in blue: Sport Gear 18 x 42" Duffle Bag - Blue Diamond

<Update 12/18/2010. NorthStarBags replied to my email within 20 minutes and worked with me to get the 18x42 in Grey as they will not have any more in black until March. Here is their response regarding the dimension issue:

We go back and forth with our factory about keeping the quality-up to our specifications all of the time. This is an ongoing battle and I'm sorry that this happened to you. We'll work with the Factory to build these bags to the right size on our future orders.

We have shipped you a SD1842 Charcoal Gear Bag No Charge.

We really appreciate your bringing the measurements to our attention. We have been able to catch all of our spring production. Your attention to details has helped us tremendously and we really do thank-you. Our company is just starting out and we want to build our reputation on Quality Products and Happy customers that feel they are getting a quality product for their hard earned dollars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Multi use bag for the outdoors, January 25, 2011
Sport Gear 16 x 40" Duffle Bag - Blue Diamond Ripstop North Star Brand

These bags are amazing- designed the way a bag should be made.

Now, I have several sizes and use them for everything from Duck Decoys to stove and demo bags, this is my favorite color.
They now added Camo Northstar Next Camo Gear Duffel Bag

Pros:
Jumbo zipper size 10 Two Way Zipper
1050 HD Tuff Cloth, it looks very tactical and has a super heavy feel, like the old time ballistic cloth
Heavy Strap wraps around the bag, Side load handles.
Fabric is very water resistant

Cons:
not much, maybe an internal security zip pocket.

I hope this review has been helpful and informative. (FISHGRILLER APPROVED)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag!, March 26, 2012
ScooterJ "scooterjm" (Kansas City, MO United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this bag to replace a tent bag that had ripped. Wow, I really underestimated the size of this bag! I was able to put in not only my tent and poles, but also the tarp and the air mattresses and I STILL have room for more! It seems to be very rugged and durable, a great bag for the price. I'll definitely be ordering another one, maybe two!

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid bag for sure!, March 17, 2010
Sport Gear 16 x 40" Duffle Bag - Black Diamond

These bags are heavy duty and are made the way a bag should be made.

I have several sizes and use them for everything from Duck Decoys to stove and demo bags.

these are Gear Bags Northstar Sports is based out of California. They are making a better gear bag that will hold up to years of abuse! all heavy duty from top to bottom.

Pros:

Jumbo zipper
Heavy Strap

Cons:

not much, maybe an internal security zip pocket.
No strap pad.

Very nice and Fishgriller approved, they also have a sweet Gator bag, hard to find but killer...

5.0 out of 5 stars this is how all travel bags SHOULD be made, August 5, 2013
Wonderful product - has traveled around the world. It is designed PROPERLY and at an unbeatable price. The zippers are heavy duty, the straps are sewn in tight over large areas so they don't easily rip out like other cheap bags. the cloth is fairly heavy duty - especially considering the very low price of this item. Finally someone actually thought before designing a travel bag - no more stupid flaws or weak tear points.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR, August 6, 2011
GREAT DUFFLE BAG, WITH LOTS OF ROOM, AT A ROCK BOTTOM PRICE AT AMAZON WAREHOUSE SALES. IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE MORE ITEMS WITH THIS KIND OF VALUE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the money, July 29, 2013
Bought this as cheap motorcycle luggage. It held up over a 1000 mile trip draped over the passenger seat without a sign of wear. Kept the water out through moderate rain. A great piece of motorcycle gear, even if that wasn't the intent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camping Gear, September 22, 2011
I put all my camping gear in this thing and throw it in the back of my jeep. It's great! Tent, air mattress, sleeping bag, camp chair, awning... the whole deal. Great bag!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the toughest bag on the rack, December 28, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, November 24, 2012
I ordered two for my week long camping trip to Oahu with my Girlfriend. All our gear, and backpacks fit nicely with room to spare! Our supplies made it through the airline's baggage handling just fine. No noticeable snags or rips. A couple of odd stains but I think it will wash out.

Was concerned that this bag might be considered over-sized luggage, but the airport gave us no trouble.

Lastly, they fold/roll up nicely (not tiny mind you) and sat in the bottom of our backpacks while hiking around.

Good product, would order it again.

Rate and Discover Movies