5.0 out of 5 stars Love the bag, not the misleading dimensions
I really did need a bag AT LEAST 16x40. That was the minimum dimension I could use to store a rolled up twin sized foam mattress for camping.

The bag I received was actually 15x38 from seam to seam (it is a cylindar, so the 15" is the diameter of the circular end.

Published on December 10, 2010 by ChicagoCPA

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the toughest bag on the rack
The plastic loop of the shoulder strap broke on the third day, I was very disappointed. While the bag itself remains useful that broken buckle limits mobility
Published 20 months ago by Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the bag, not the misleading dimensions, December 10, 2010
This review is from: Northstar Sports 1050 HD Tuff Cloth Diamond Ripstop Series Gear & Duffle Bag, (16-Inch x 40-Inch Black) (Sports)

I did not take off a star because very few people would be as picky about the dimensions as I am being.

The fabric itself feels like very sturdy cloth and the dualing zipper seems very sturdy and there are well sewed carrying handles on each end. Very, very nice.

On the insert the bag came with, it mentions two sizes 16x40 and 18x42. I am guessing that the 18x42 is really 17x40, so I am out to obtain that one instead.

MotoBuys was excellant about emailing to me a return shipping UPS label.

This is the 18x42 in blue: Sport Gear 18 x 42" Duffle Bag - Blue Diamond

<Update 12/18/2010. NorthStarBags replied to my email within 20 minutes and worked with me to get the 18x42 in Grey as they will not have any more in black until March. Here is their response regarding the dimension issue:

We go back and forth with our factory about keeping the quality-up to our specifications all of the time. This is an ongoing battle and I'm sorry that this happened to you. We'll work with the Factory to build these bags to the right size on our future orders.

We have shipped you a SD1842 Charcoal Gear Bag No Charge.

We really appreciate your bringing the measurements to our attention. We have been able to catch all of our spring production. Your attention to details has helped us tremendously and we really do thank-you. Our company is just starting out and we want to build our reputation on Quality Products and Happy customers that feel they are getting a quality product for their hard earned dollars.

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid bag for sure!, March 17, 2010
Sport Gear 16 x 40" Duffle Bag - Black Diamond

These bags are heavy duty and are made the way a bag should be made.

I have several sizes and use them for everything from Duck Decoys to stove and demo bags.

these are Gear Bags Northstar Sports is based out of California. They are making a better gear bag that will hold up to years of abuse! all heavy duty from top to bottom.

Pros:

Jumbo zipper
1050 HD Tuff Cloth, it looks very tactical and has a super heavy feel, like the old time ballistic cloth
Heavy Strap

Cons:

not much, maybe an internal security zip pocket.
No strap pad.

Very nice and Fishgriller approved, they also have a sweet Gator bag, hard to find but killer...

5.0 out of 5 stars this is how all travel bags SHOULD be made, August 5, 2013
Wonderful product - has traveled around the world. It is designed PROPERLY and at an unbeatable price. The zippers are heavy duty, the straps are sewn in tight over large areas so they don't easily rip out like other cheap bags. the cloth is fairly heavy duty - especially considering the very low price of this item. Finally someone actually thought before designing a travel bag - no more stupid flaws or weak tear points.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR, August 6, 2011
GREAT DUFFLE BAG, WITH LOTS OF ROOM, AT A ROCK BOTTOM PRICE AT AMAZON WAREHOUSE SALES. IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE MORE ITEMS WITH THIS KIND OF VALUE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camping Gear, September 22, 2011
I put all my camping gear in this thing and throw it in the back of my jeep. It's great! Tent, air mattress, sleeping bag, camp chair, awning... the whole deal. Great bag!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the toughest bag on the rack, December 28, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised: Good cheap haulage, November 20, 2012
F. Pryor (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
Purchased two to organize kayak accessories. Not bullet-proof, but quite tough. Wish they came in other colors so they could be identified at a glance. But that's not worth losing a star over as they are exactly what they say they are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great suitcase, September 8, 2011
I bought this bag to use mostly as a suitcase and it works very well for that purpose. Easy to carry through hallways and up stairs with strap over a shoulder without marking up the walls because it wraps around my body when carrying it like that. Also being long with a long zipper makes it easy to find what you want even though it holds alot of stuff. Well made, too. Should last a long time. Great bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge bag, well made, August 1, 2013
AM "Andy" (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
These are absolutely HUGE and seem to be very well made. The 40" length is enough for quite a bit of stuff and you can even fit a carbine such as an AR15 in it. For the money it's hard to beat the quality. I will be using this one for an emergency kit, and plan to get one of the smaller ones to use for overnight travel and whatnot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome duffle bag ., July 17, 2013
Big bag well constructed, I replaced a tent bag , this is the bag it should have come with " Coleman "

Rate and Discover Movies