Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on November 15, 2012
I went to target to look for a duffle bag and they were smaller and much, much, much more expensive (say $30-40). I was very hesitant to buy this because of the low price but I thought, "what do I have to lose".

So I bought it and it has been great. I have had it for 6 months without any problems. It holds up to wear and tear. A few of my friends that have seen me use it have commented and then purchased their own.

HIGHLY recommend.

UPDATE: I have had it for almost a year with no problems. I purchased a second one for my daughter who is very hard on things and she is using it without tearing it up!!

AGAIN I highly recommend
0Comment32 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2012
I travel monthly to bi-monthly across the country and was looking for a simple duffel that would be a good airplane carry-on. This is definitely it.

PROS:

It fits an absurd amount of clothing - I can fit up to weeks worth plus a couple of pairs of shoes. The nice thing is that the bag holds it's shape well so that even if it's not packed to the brim it doesn't look too floppy.

I've also never had a problem with clearing security with regards to bag size. With rollerboards I'd occasionally get hasseled if it looked like I packed too much in the front pocket. The last thing anyone wants to do is fight with the power-crazed individuals that man airport lines.

It also fits into overhead compartments easily, being able to squeeze into spots that rollerboards are too wide to make. Anything that can avoid the hassle of gate-checking - also a plus.

Construction is great. The fabric is extremely durable and lightweight, and the zipper looks like it can withstand pretty much anything. It also folds down easily and can be used as a bonus bag while traveling.

CONS:

I've had the strap pop off while I was carrying the bag a couple of times. And it's not like I'm packing anvils. I think the plastic clasp of the strap is probably a bit on the cheaper side. So I bought a separate strap to use with it. The cost of the strap was $12 and this bag was $15 for me but I'm ok with that. Having a long-term carryon that looks good and will last costing me less than $30 is fine by me.

ADDITIONAL BONUS:

For those who watch Archer, I've taken to calling this my Go Bag. :)
11 comment26 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2011
I had bought a gator bag and decided to try a small duffle bag from this company.

First of all in the picture the material looks a bit shiny, it is extremely heavy duty and has a ballistic style diamond pattern that was better than expected.

Straps wrap around the bag to support the bag on the bottom, heavy duty zipper very rugged bag.

It is a overbuilt HD bag and a great value for the buck, the only thing i would add is a inside pocket.
on June 24, 2011
I actually ordered two of these bags for me and my son to take on recent rafting trip in the Grand Canyon. I orderd them because their size met the requirements of the rafting company. The bags were quite inexpensive and held up great! We had them as checked baggage, stuffed on the raft and dragged through the sand and then brought back home. I used one again for a short overnight and the bag looks practically new -- just a few light scuff marks. Well-built and I certainly recommend it.
on March 13, 2011
This is the perfect afforable semi-disposable gym bag for people (my boyfriend in particular) whose rancid gym clothes/shoes frequently get "forgotten" in the bag for days at a time and impart a permanent stench to the bag itself. I plan on buying several of these and rotating them.
11 comment16 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2011
I use this bag as a gym bag - I've found for my purposes, the bag's a bit on the large size which isn't a fault of the vendors but my own inability to read the measurements correctly. I'm able to fit gym clothes, shoes, and gear in the bag and still have plenty of space leftover. I probably would have preferred a smaller bag for the gym, but I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and it gets the job done without issue. I've even considered using this bag for short weekend trips or camping which probably would be a better use. Definitely a good duffle bag for the price tag - just make sure you look at the measurements before purchasing to make sure it's what you're looking for!
on December 7, 2011
Find a decent gym bag is hard when you don't want to pay for a "swoosh" logo or any extraneous features. Luckily, I ran across this bag. Not much to say really, it's a solid bag with a good zipper, tough handles, and it works great as carry on luggage or gym bag. What you see is what you get, and I expect to have this bag for years to come.
on September 19, 2012
If you're looking for a simple durable duffle bag then look no further. This item is as simple as it gets! The fabric is made tough and can take more than average beating. The zipper used is also very durable. For the price, you can't go wrong with this item.
on October 7, 2011
For the price, these northstar duffels are amazing for how durable they are. If you need a duffel, I think you can't do better for the price.
on October 1, 2012
I bought this bag with the intention of using it for my trips to the gym. It's very heavy duty and durable which I love. It's got a basic shoulder strap with no padding for the shoulder. This isn't really a big deal unless the bag is really weighed down. I also occassionally have issues zipping it up, as the lip keeps getting caught under the zipper as I zip it up. A minor issue though. I've also laundered this bag twice and haven't seen the wash cycle cause it any damage...which is great. Can't really complain at the price either! The flaws I listed are what keep me from giving this bag five stars. Hope this helps.