Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on November 15, 2012
I went to target to look for a duffle bag and they were smaller and much, much, much more expensive (say $30-40). I was very hesitant to buy this because of the low price but I thought, "what do I have to lose".

So I bought it and it has been great. I have had it for 6 months without any problems. It holds up to wear and tear. A few of my friends that have seen me use it have commented and then purchased their own.

HIGHLY recommend.

UPDATE: I have had it for almost a year with no problems. I purchased a second one for my daughter who is very hard on things and she is using it without tearing it up!!

AGAIN I highly recommend
on January 25, 2012
I travel monthly to bi-monthly across the country and was looking for a simple duffel that would be a good airplane carry-on. This is definitely it.

PROS:

It fits an absurd amount of clothing - I can fit up to weeks worth plus a couple of pairs of shoes. The nice thing is that the bag holds it's shape well so that even if it's not packed to the brim it doesn't look too floppy.

I've also never had a problem with clearing security with regards to bag size. With rollerboards I'd occasionally get hasseled if it looked like I packed too much in the front pocket. The last thing anyone wants to do is fight with the power-crazed individuals that man airport lines.

It also fits into overhead compartments easily, being able to squeeze into spots that rollerboards are too wide to make. Anything that can avoid the hassle of gate-checking - also a plus.

Construction is great. The fabric is extremely durable and lightweight, and the zipper looks like it can withstand pretty much anything. It also folds down easily and can be used as a bonus bag while traveling.

CONS:

I've had the strap pop off while I was carrying the bag a couple of times. And it's not like I'm packing anvils. I think the plastic clasp of the strap is probably a bit on the cheaper side. So I bought a separate strap to use with it. The cost of the strap was $12 and this bag was $15 for me but I'm ok with that. Having a long-term carryon that looks good and will last costing me less than $30 is fine by me.

ADDITIONAL BONUS:

For those who watch Archer, I've taken to calling this my Go Bag. :)
on February 10, 2011
I had bought a gator bag and decided to try a small duffle bag from this company.

First of all in the picture the material looks a bit shiny, it is extremely heavy duty and has a ballistic style diamond pattern that was better than expected.

Straps wrap around the bag to support the bag on the bottom, heavy duty zipper very rugged bag.

It is a overbuilt HD bag and a great value for the buck, the only thing i would add is a inside pocket.
on June 24, 2011
I actually ordered two of these bags for me and my son to take on recent rafting trip in the Grand Canyon. I orderd them because their size met the requirements of the rafting company. The bags were quite inexpensive and held up great! We had them as checked baggage, stuffed on the raft and dragged through the sand and then brought back home. I used one again for a short overnight and the bag looks practically new -- just a few light scuff marks. Well-built and I certainly recommend it.
on March 13, 2011
This is the perfect afforable semi-disposable gym bag for people (my boyfriend in particular) whose rancid gym clothes/shoes frequently get "forgotten" in the bag for days at a time and impart a permanent stench to the bag itself. I plan on buying several of these and rotating them.
on September 19, 2012
If you're looking for a simple durable duffle bag then look no further. This item is as simple as it gets! The fabric is made tough and can take more than average beating. The zipper used is also very durable. For the price, you can't go wrong with this item.
on November 28, 2011
I use this bag as a gym bag - I've found for my purposes, the bag's a bit on the large size which isn't a fault of the vendors but my own inability to read the measurements correctly. I'm able to fit gym clothes, shoes, and gear in the bag and still have plenty of space leftover. I probably would have preferred a smaller bag for the gym, but I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and it gets the job done without issue. I've even considered using this bag for short weekend trips or camping which probably would be a better use. Definitely a good duffle bag for the price tag - just make sure you look at the measurements before purchasing to make sure it's what you're looking for!
on December 7, 2011
Find a decent gym bag is hard when you don't want to pay for a "swoosh" logo or any extraneous features. Luckily, I ran across this bag. Not much to say really, it's a solid bag with a good zipper, tough handles, and it works great as carry on luggage or gym bag. What you see is what you get, and I expect to have this bag for years to come.
on October 1, 2012
I bought this bag with the intention of using it for my trips to the gym. It's very heavy duty and durable which I love. It's got a basic shoulder strap with no padding for the shoulder. This isn't really a big deal unless the bag is really weighed down. I also occassionally have issues zipping it up, as the lip keeps getting caught under the zipper as I zip it up. A minor issue though. I've also laundered this bag twice and haven't seen the wash cycle cause it any damage...which is great. Can't really complain at the price either! The flaws I listed are what keep me from giving this bag five stars. Hope this helps.
on May 1, 2013
i have not put too many miles on these things, but they look to stand the wear of use pretty well, as long as the stitching holds up.

i had been buying basic "outdoor products" duffles for a few years to use as rope bags for work. the fabric ran about 800 or 1000 denier, and they all still stand up to semi regular blue collar use. they are/were good duffles, so naturally outdoor products discontinued them.

these northstar bags are constructed of even hardier fabric, with what appears to be a ripstop component (though i'm disinclined to test their ripstop capacity). they seem to be the logical and even more affordable replacement for the other brand.

i only take away one star from a five star rating because the plastic hardware does not live up to the apparent potential of the bags themselves. i have chosen to replace the shoulder straps with galati brand straps that use metal hardware. i may opt to replace the plastic attachment points on the bags with "maillons rapide" delta links. either way, when one of the shoulder strap's plastic clips opens up under load, and one's bag hits the catwalk a hundred feet over peoples' heads, it compels a serious reconsideration of the stock hardware. this was also a problem with the outdoor products bags that these northstars replace for me, so i may be more forgiving (prepared to replace components) than many other buyers might be.

either way, so far as i can tell, the bag rates the four stars, crap hardware notwithstanding.

EDIT, 8 MAY 2013: geronimo asked where the bag is made, and how it stands up to laundering. i looked in the two bags i have and could not find a "made in" label, though i might have removed the labels before i put the bags to work. i'm pretty sure they come from somewhere in southeast asia. i am also not planning on washing the bag (not that it won't happen, it's lust not likely), so i apologize for having nothing for you on that count.

like some other buyers, i discovered pinholes that let daylight through the bag. in my case the pinholes were the result of some aggressive sewing machine used in the process of applying the wraparound webbing straps for the handles, and in the attachment of the end panels (the round ends) to the cylindrical duffel.

the price is right, so no regrets on these counts, but the notice stands as caveat for anyone considering the purchase.
44 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse