Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Northstar 1050 HD Tuff Cloth Diamond Ripstop Series Gear/Duffle Bag (18 x 42-Inch, Blue)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on June 19, 2011
I really like this bag - I was looking for a bag that would allow me maximum packing space and require minimal storing space when not in use. This bag was just the ticket! Great zippers, thick material, and packs down to almost nothing.

If you are looking for a no frills heavy duty bag - you have found it.

UPDATE 11/11/11 (at 11:11 AM)
I continue to really like this bag. This is one bag, no internal storage, but if you are looking for that, look somewhere else. If you are looking for a big bag that collapses down into almost nothing, this is the ticket.

I have now used it on several trips and it continues to hold up nicely.
on June 13, 2011
This bag is enourmous, the picture doesn't really do it any justice. If you have a 130ish pound object you need to transport from point a to b, this is your bag.
77 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2011
Bought 2 Black versions of this bag to carry my our clothing on a road trip from FL to WA. I've always liked the durability of "Ripstop" duffle bags, and these seemed to be a heavy grade. When we got to our destination, the bag holding my wife's clothing/shoes, which was heavier ... was able to bear the weight using the full-length straps for about a 75 foot walk. Mine, however, which was at least 20 pounds lighter BLEW OUT where the fabric holding the receiving clip was sewn to the main bag. The clip remained fastened, but the woven strap behind it unraveled. It was truly disappointing. If it had been my wife's heavier cargo ... I could have understood it, but I was extremely surprised that mine could not bear the weight. The hand straps seem fine to carry the weight, but it us more cumbersome to use to carry the bag more than a few feet. I would call it a Quality Control Issue. At a minimum the manufacturer & seller of these bags should put a weight range for the different sizes they carry ... or reinforce the strap fabric at each end.
on June 5, 2013
I got this for checking my backpacking gear when flying. No more worrying about baggage handlers cutting my pack's straps or anything like that. This also is large enough to hold my packed 65L backpack, my sleeping pad, and my scuba gear (including fins). There's actually a decent amount of room leftover if you have a larger pack too.
on June 23, 2011
This is a well made and inexpensive huge duffel bag, perfect for hauling large amounts of stuff from place to place. Strong handles are a plus!
on July 12, 2012
I took this monster sized bag to the airport in April stuffed with bedding for 3 rooms. It was packed with pillows and sheet sets, comforters, and other goods. No extra charges at the airport and it was easy to fold and pack for the return trip home. Well constructed and perfect for moving mass amounts of lite items during air travel.
on September 30, 2012
I used this bag to carry supplies to Haiti. It is huge, was able to fit oddly sized items in and not go over 50 lbs. It arrived in Haiti without tears or other damage. It folds down so I can stick it in my carry-on for the return flight.
on June 1, 2011
This bag is huge, im not too sure what else to put in it. I could fit in it too........great stuff! I would definitely recommend this bag.
on April 10, 2015
HUGE bags, extremely well made and strong. We use them as rescue bags for a Crew Team. This bag can hold 12 Life Jackets and other rescue gear. Super Product, please see the pictures.
review image review image review image review image review image
on June 15, 2015
This bag is huge!! Purchased this after buying a smaller version. I now store all of my kayaking equipment/life vests/paddles etc in it. The size is great and although it is huge it is still very manageable. The stitching also gives me so much confidence in the ability to hold weight. Highly recommended!