One of the best resources for over a decade... -- Bellingham Herald (Bellingham, WA), June 1, 2002
From the Publisher
Stephanie Feeney has been combing the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia for nearly a decade now, finding all the shops, nurseries, gardens and other fabulous resources that make this the horticultural paradise it is. The Seventh Edition of this internationally acclaimed Directory--what Fine Gardening termed "a model of what a regional guide should be"--now is bigger, better, and more thorough than ever! This Guide Makes it a Snap to Find: * Over 350 nurseries, including those small, hard-to-find specialty "gems", complete with addresses, hours, driving directions and full descriptions * Over 200 mail-order sources for seeds, plants, tools, equipment, books and information * Over 300 e-mail and Internet Web sites of interest to gardeners from around the world * Over 200 international, national and regional clubs and organizations for every conceivable horticultural interest * Dozens of reviews of books, magazines and specialty journals * Sources for hard-to-find supplies and materials--from the essential (stone and organics, perhaps) to the bizarre ("Not Tonight Deer" and "Zoo Doo")
And all NEW in this edition: Complete coverage of the fabulous
* gardening resources of western Oregon More than triple the British
* Columbia resources from the previous edition A geographic locator to
* help you plan your trips and excursions throughout the region Guest
* Essays contributed by some of the most interesting and knowledgeable
* gardening writers of the Pacific Northwest--people like Dan Hinkley
* of world-renowned Heronswood Nursery, Arthur Lee Jacobson, a winner
* of the 1996 American Horticultural Society Book Award and
* Vancouver's inimitable Thomas Hobbs of Southlands Nursery and Hobbs.
* A warm, witty and humorously insightful Foreword contributed by
* Ketzel Levine, National Public Radio's "Doyenne of Dirt".
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.