2,494 Reviews
 (1,508)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful value!
The software arrived on time and worked perfectly!
This same product was much more expensive to renew my expired subscription from the same company as compared to purchacing a new full version....
Published 20 months ago by sam ceraulo

3.0 out of 5 stars A Modest Showing
The least you have to know: Norton 360 is an adequate anti-malware suite with some foibles. With low processing and memory overhead, you will enjoy an unobtrusive experience. The issues I've seen come from some of the added applications in the suite, most of them useless.

Here's the full story: I have just finished a year with Kaspersky and I have never been...
Published on November 15, 2012 by Fred

2.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, March 25, 2013
This review is from: Norton 360 2013 - 1 User / 3 PC [Old Version] (Software)
I thought the product was great at first, but I got the iminent browser hijacker. I called Norton tech support for help, and they were wonderful, polite, helpful -- I felt I was in good hands. However, all the things they did failed to remove the problem, so they referred me to another support area which I contacted. This last group wanted me to pay $99 or $139 to remove the problem, which they assured me was serious. That Norton knew how to remove the problem, but wanted to charge extra to do it really offended me. I ended up solving the problem myself after researching it further on the web. I also used Spybot and an Eraser tool I downloaded. It took a long time, but I was able to remove the files this intrusive code had installed on my system. But I will seek out products other than Norton the next time I need to purchase security.

3.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like it, January 10, 2014
It limited me to some settings. Next time I'll buy the CD instead of the download because the download is more limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Antivirus Software, December 15, 2013
This review is from: Norton 360 2013 - 1 User / 3 PC [Old Version] (Software)
I have been using Norton 360 for the past 5-6 years and i love it, it is always improving every generation and runs on itself for scans and pc clean up. It automatically blocks viruses and gives you a notification, im not sure how good it is for removing viruses but its really good at preventing/blocking them.

For ultrabook owners, im not sure if i would recommend this. I have a sony viao pro 13 with Intel Core i7 and 8gb ram and it makes my fan on my pc run really hot and loud. It takes 50% of my CPU power sometimes when using its background tasks, i had to turn off some automatic features for this to stop. Which is annoying because you lose some of the features of the product doing this. But for my other PC's i dont have a problem

Overall not a bad antivirus software, keep in mind this doesnt remove malware once you are infected. The best option to remove malware on windows is to restore to a previous restore point, which is free to do with the option already on your pc using Windows Restore

I would suggest getting this on Norton's website because it will come down to $15 with some coupon codes, google for them

1.0 out of 5 stars Price is misleading, not as advertise!, October 5, 2013
False price! And Product Expired! Got ripped off for about 15 dollars more than advertised. And the product may have worked about two months, it then expired. My computer started receiving viruses and malware. It is getting worse.

5.0 out of 5 stars RENEWING AN EXISTING SUBSCRIPTION, September 24, 2013
This review is from: Norton 360 2013 - 1 User / 3 PC [Old Version] (Software)
If you have an existing Norton 360 subscription which you want to renew: DO NOT insert insert the CD in your computer nor run the download (if you purchase a download).

INSTEAD
1) Open your Norton 360
2) Select "Account" on the top of the menu
3) Select "I have a key or code to enter"
4) Enter the activation code (or "Product Key")---from a card with installation instructions enclosed with the software. That's all. You're done.

Keep the CD and instructions, you may need them if you have a problem with N360 later on.

CAUTION: If you buy the CD, there will also be a card with a similar code for a discount on "Shutterfly" (whatever the heck that is). This IS NOT the "activation code" or "product key" for N360. The "Shutterfly" code will NOT activate your N360.

CD or DOWNLOAD?
Why bother with a potentially troublesome download?---the CD is the same price. The CD is the most convenient way to install Norton 360 on several computers (since this is a 1-user, 3-computer license).

WHERE TO BUY?
> Direct from Norton is the most expensive---about $90 per year, and they push the download (not recommended), and for auto-renewal, meaning that they'll charge your card another $90 next year (not recommended).
> Retailers, such as WalMart may accept returns---and in some cases that means that the activation code has already been used, and so will not work for you. Not recommended
> Amazon Merchants (i.e., 3rd parties selling on Amazon), very frequently are selling copies of N360 with used activation codes (and therefore will not work for you). Not recommended. NEVER buy an "open box" (meaning that the box has been opened)---in such cases the activation code has almost certainly been used.
> Amazon does not accept software returns. Therefore you can be pretty sure the activation code has not been used already.

RECOMMENDATION: Buy N360 only DIRECTLY from AMAZON.

CONSIDER: Particularly if you already have N360 installed, and are just purchasing an extension of your subscription--ANY valid unused N360 activation code will work. That means you can buy a box labeled for a previous year at a big discount, and the activation code will work just fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, September 17, 2013
I ordered this product in July and have tried to download multiple times with no success. I get a message saying it is expired. I removed my old Norton from my PC. Very disappointed. No one from Amazon or Norton has gotten back to me on why this doesn't work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Problem, September 16, 2013
This review is from: Norton 360 2013 - 1 User / 3 PC [Old Version] (Software)
Could not get to install on my computer, tried to go in back door, still no success. Second computer that Norton would not load on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really sure whats wrong!, September 13, 2013
This review is from: Norton 360 2013 - 1 User / 3 PC [Old Version] (Software)
Bought this beginning of this year (Jan 2013) and I follow all the instructions but ever since I downloaded this my laptop become really slow. I cant even open some of my programs. I tried to uninstall and install again, still wont fix my other program. I used another antivirus before but everything runs smooth and never had problem like what i have now. The reason why I bought this because of the price and its for 3 computers. Will not renew for next year and wont recommend it to anyone! *not happy here*

5.0 out of 5 stars Renewing Norton 360, July 12, 2013
I had problems trying to download and install this Program since I already had an old version of it on my computer. "That was probably a big mistake on my part since I was basically just upgrading the program" So call Amazon before you buy so you know the best way to handle it even if you have other norton products.

I believe all you will need to do in enter the new product key in your old version. I didn't and did the download but I was never required to enter the Product Key, therefore I kept getting a report that my subsctiption was about to expire in "XX" may days. (my undersanding is, this reporting only show up if you have 20 days left on you old subscription)

Here are the simple steps required to enter a new Product Key (if you have an old version):
Open Norton 360 by double clicking on the Norton 360 Icon (lower right, Careful you might have hidden that Icon. Now look closely at the bottom of the Norton 360 screen in small letters click on "Renew". On the next screen look closely again at the small lettering at the bottom Click on "I have a key or code to enter" From there enter the product code and follow the instructs and you done.

From there I recommend that you update to the latest changes and run a scan on your PC

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and Reliable, June 2, 2013
This review is from: Norton 360 2013 - 1 User / 3 PC [Old Version] (Software)
I started with the 2011 version of Norton 360, purchasing the CD from Amazon, and have updated annually since. I am now using version 20.3.1.22.

This product is ideal for home users, whether high speed cable or wireless. At one time I had abandoned Norton's previous version of Anti Virus protection, but 360 is a superior product, especially for someone like me who is a competent PC user, but not a genius geek.

Norton has tools that protect novice users as well as seasoned geeks. I have renewed my account annually since purchasing this product. It provides notices on attempts of unauthorized access, attempts to breach your firewall if you have added an additonal layer of protection, and regular schedules for updating and scanning. This product also does an automatic update of current threats, which is great, since there is a novice user in my household. However, I run the update every time I log on and when the computer has been left on and I am sitting down to it.

I also appreciate the Identity protection features of Norton. I can create as much privacy as I need for the type of Internet activity I engage in most (mostly looking up information and using libraries available online). I know that if someone tries to backtrack my internet address to my home computer, they will find it a lot more difficult with the Norton Utilities in place.

I prefer to run my own utilities, rather than schedule them. For example, I will run the virus scan after updating the file, then the Tune Up, and the backup (to my own exterior drive). When that is done I run the disk utilities that come with my Operating System (Windows XP and Windows 7 at this writing). I do all of these in order about once a week. I work for a metropolitan police department taking reports over the phone and online. Identity theft is a serious threat to our happiness! If you don't know what Key Logging and Registry Changes are, you need a security program that does.

Norton also has great troubleshooting help with pop-ups that will take you to the Norton website for instructions on resolving an issue. This is a great comfort when confronted by an unexpected error.

In addition to Norton 360, I also use Spybot Search and Destroy, by http://www.safer-networking.org/ out of Sweeden. I have used this product for over ten years, and I find it a great backup plan to other detection systems. I use the Free version, but always donate to this group of folks dedicated to making the Internet a safe environment. They aslo have professional and business versions of this software.

In conclusion, if you have not taken a formal introductory course in computing I can't urge you forcefully enough to do so. You will learn how to spot email and software scams as well as understand what the hardware is designed to do.

I took my first course when I was 50 yrs old and within a year I was making more than double my previous salary. I felt part of this dynamic community of computer and internet users and designers. I even wrote a website for the county I lived in at the time. Many years later now, and I am still excited by the technology, while knowing many of it's vulnerabilities. I'm not an expert. My coursework was only 36 credit hours, but you will feel so much more confident that you are protecting your computer environment when you take some classes and use Norton 360 and a few other tools, as your technical support.

Norton 360 2013 - 1 User / 3 PC [Old Version]
Norton 360 2013 - 1 User / 3 PC [Old Version] by Symantec (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)
$89.99 $55.99