Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 4, 2015
I have used, almost exclusively, and recommended to customers, installed on many customer PCs the Norton Antivirus products since the very first antivirus was introduced by Peter Norton in the very late 1980s. I have, until now, had good success with these products. This particular install, on one of my computers, updated automatically to the latest version, Norton Security. Oh, what a mess. Installed on a Windows 7.1 64 bit PC with 32G memory and an Intel 4790 I7 CPU . . . this antivirus started crashing the computer randomly, especially did not like IE11. Way overload on the CPU, constant drilling, huge memory hog, just way too many things dumped into the latest Norton Security version. Tried in vain for three days to get this thing to work. Please note that I am run a small computer services/sales/repair business and have built PCs, written software for them, programmed them configured them, setup complex business networks and internet . . . AND I was finally able to diagnose the issue in the latest Norton to a couple particular files that were necessary for the software to work. I finally reached a real person in Norton tech support, who knew nil about what was happening, only wanted to connect to my PC and tinker with it . . . the answer here is always a big NO. These guys always mess up the PC worse than before, and I have had to repair and correct their tinkering on many customer computers. I finally insisted to get transferred to a higher level tech, and when discussing the issue with him he was quite surprised that I was able to locate the issue with a particular file in the installation . . . now this techie knew about this problem, I was not the only one having it. He offered to email me a FIX, what he did, that was a link for me to download a pre-prepared for this problem software correction. We also discussed possible manual corrections, registry edits, included. I applied the fix and performed the recommended manual registry edits to no avail, the problem was not corrected. The PC was still very temperamental and certain applications would randomly crash, the PC took forever to boot, and the CPU continued its continual drilling as well as the memory was being hogged and constantly changing. I could not get another response from Norton tech support to report these results after trying repeatedly for over an hour.

So, I totally uninstalled the program, using the latest Norton Removal Tool. Please note that the Norton Removal Tool is supposed to remove all traces of all Norton products, but, almost as expected, it leaves registry rummage that has to be manually removed, AND it totally ignores the Norton Identity Safe application (that works with the browser) uninstalled. This Identity Safe had to be manually uninstalled via the Control Panel.

Once the computer was finally cleaned of all Norton products and registry clutter remnant rummage, rebooting was very fast (36 seconds) for being completely ready and no more crashes. The PC ran splendidly.

As antivirus and real time malware protection is absolutely necessary, I purchased the Malwarebytes Premium real time and installed that. I have been a good Malwarebytes fan, as have most good PC service personnel, and have used the FREE version tens of times to clean customer PCs of unwanted viruses, malware, PUPs, and other trash, as well as registry entries. When all else fails in cleanup, most knowledgeable folks go to the free Malwarebytes.

For quite a while now, I have been running the Malwarebytes Premium with very good success. The computer runs fast, the protection is not a memory or CPU hog, it performs as stated. I probably will not go back, even after 25 years of Norton use, and probably will never purchase another Norton product. Simply stated, as Norton claims with their new Norton Security, one application DOES NOT FIT ALL --- one application does not work on all devices as Norton claims. I am sure that they are trying to get with all the wireless and smartphone and tables use that is replacing ordinary PCs today, but in the business and corporate world, PCs still are necessary as PCs perform tasks that these other wireless smart devices cannot do, or do not do well, or are most difficult to use for a difficult task.
on January 22, 2014
I had purchased this program before and it was okay, but then I switched to the Norton 360 last year and this year went back to Norton Antivirus and it removed some of my programs and it seems impossible to get my pc back to the way it was. I keep getting pop-ups from Norton saying that I have to install certain programs that I have installed already. It's driving me nuts! Now I'm thinking of getting another program to straighten this one out! UGHHH!!!
on July 14, 2014
Not the highest rated virus protection software but it is easy to install and maintain. I have used Norton many years and have not had any virus issues on any of the computers I have. The product is much less expensive through Amazon than buying directly from Norton. You need to pay attention when you purchase it. You can buy a license and download the product or you can get it on a CD and install it. Either case you will have a license code to register the software. With a CD you always have a backup if you need to reinstall. If you get a multi license version I would get the CD so you don't have to do multiple downloads. If you already have Norton installed just buy the license and reregister, it will extend your subscription without having to reinstall.
on July 31, 2015
I would not ever do without my Norton on my laptop, it allows me to do what I want while still protecting me when I search and stopping anything that is a threat. I consider Norton to be the best on the market and prefer it over all others.
on October 22, 2014
We previously had Norton 360 and it too was ok. We had a few virus' come through but I guess that is to be expected. I thought I was ordering the same thing again, but was wrong. This is a basic antivirus. It doesn't offer the backup that I was hoping to continue with. I am used to the Norton so that's why I stuck with it. Norton is pricey, but seems pretty comparable, along with being user friendly.
on April 21, 2014
I'm using a Windows 8 program. Since I bought my computer, I tried several anti-virus but they weren't compatible with the item. Until I decided to try the plain Norton Antivirus which surprisingly worked out in my equipment. Earlier, I attempted several downloads using the Norton 360 but it didn't materialized. A message popped out on the screen that it's not working or incompatible with the application. This could ,then, be the right anti-virus for Windows 8 along with Norton Internet Security.
on March 2, 2014
NORTON ANTI-VIRUS OFFERS GOOD PROTECTION FROM VIRUSES AND SPYWARE; COUPLE IT WITH THE FREE WINDOWS 8 FIREWALL WHICH IS EASILY ACTIVATED AND YOU HAVE A COMBINATION NEARLY AS GOOD AS THE HIGHER PRICED NORTON NTERNET SECURITY PROGRAM. INSTALLATION IS FAIRLY EASY IF YOU WATCH TTHE SCREEN CAREFULLY FOR INSTRUCTIONS. MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS THAT NORTON BUGS YOU TO REGISTER your PRODUCT AND that PROCESS IS NOT SMOOTH NOR QUICK; I'VE HAD TOTRY IT SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE IT WAS ACCEPTED. THE PRODUCT WORKS WITHOUT REGISTRATION SO DON'TW ORRY ABOUT IT IF YOU GIVE UP TRYING..
on December 23, 2014
My lap top picked up several virses when on a trip. I could no longer access the internet. I ran this copy of Norton and found 81 problems. My computer works fine now.

Chris Wodke
Author: Running for My Life-Winning for CMT
on February 13, 2014
Only use Norton. Half the cost from their website. I buy the disk as I have had problems with reinstalling on a download only. I have more than one computer and by the 1 user for each as, in the past, the multiusers all start and end on the same day even if u do not install on each a the same time. all my systems are different depending on when I purchased them. So i rather buy three separate instead of one.
on October 19, 2014
I gave it a middle star because I haven't used it, yet. I still have thirty days on my previous Norton.
It came quickly and undamaged.
I expect that it will end up deserving five stars. I've ALWAYS been satisfied with Norton, including the one from last year that I got through Amazon.com. I foresee no problems with this one, either.