Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 questions
votes
I had the trial version installed on my computer when I purchased the download version. After purchase, Amazon gives you a link to the license key. I just clicked on that and copied it to the version I had installed. Norton updated and showed that I had 366 days left on my software. There is no reason to reinstall anything.
Feb 19, 2011 by T. C. McCulloch
votes
Have you contacted Norton T/S and asked for their recommendation? I have used this tool before and it works very well particularly for removing Registry entries. However, I have only used it based on T/S's recommendations. About three to five years ago there were continmuing problems with Norton's software apps (see Customer Reviews) especially Norton Anti Virus. For me the problems always occurred after Live Up Date ran (at least monthly). When I called T/S their solution was always 1. Uninstall the software using Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, 2. Run the Norton Removal Tool, 3. Re-Install the software appllication. Starting in 2009 Norton has resolved those problems and my experience has been to just install the new software (the removal tool is not needed). I recently received an e-mail from Norton that provided me with a website that would allow me to update and use NIS 2011 for the remaining subscription time on my NIS 2010. Here is the URL http://updatecenter.Norton.com/manual/AutoDetect While the NIS 2011 installation program was executing I did notice that one of the program steps was "Uninstalling previous version." I recently purchased my NIS 2011 from Amazon. When my NIS 2010 subscription expires I'll just enter the product key for NIS 2011 and I'll have a smooth migration. Bill Atlanta GA
Nov 19, 2010 by Marine Corps Air
votes
I think if u can find a USB CDrom u should be able to use this product , Thats if u have the storage room ...
Jan 24, 2013 by Crash
votes
It's a one year license; you can do a reinstall if needed but it won't extend the time beyond the one year.
Sep 2, 2011 by Mark P
votes
It depends on if you have other Norton software or anti-virus software in your computer already. If you have only previous versions of NIS, then the installer should take care of it. If not, you might want to use Norton removal utility to remove traces of earlier Norton software and then install NIS2011.
Oct 6, 2010 by Gene Cloner
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers