Norton Internet Security 2012 - 1 User / 3 PC [Old Version]
|Price:||$55.49 + $3.99 shipping|
|You Save:||$24.50 (31%)|
- Superior protection with fast scan speeds and low impact on PC performance
- Stops viruses and spyware before they reach your computer
- Online identity protection; parental controls management
- Social network protection; browser protection; phishing protection
- Network mapping and monitoring; antispam; smart firewall
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Norton Internet Security 2012
Stop viruses, spyware, online identity theft, and more with the powerful protection of Norton Internet Security.
Able to quickly detect and eliminate online threats, Norton Internet Security uses four unique layers of protection to prevent threats from ever reaching your computer, without slowing you down. Plus it gives you easy access to Norton Online Family so you can protect your kids from online dangers.
The result? Superior protection with fast scan speeds and low impact on your PC's performance. So you can surf, shop, bank, and socialize online without worry, annoying slowdowns, or interruptions.
Stop viruses, spyware, and online identity theft with powerful virus protection
- Superior protection from online threats
- Four different layers of smart protection proactively detect and eliminate threats before they reach your computer
- Identifies and stops new threats faster than other less-sophisticated security software
Browse, shop, bank, and socialize online without worry
- Scans email and instant messages for viruses, suspicious links, infected attachments, and other dangers before you open them
- Identifies safe websites, proactively blocks unsafe sites, and stops online threats
- Prevents cybercriminals from hacking into your PC and swiping your information when you use wireless networks
Enjoy your favorite online activities safely, without annoying slowdowns or disruptions
- Powerful virus protection, without slowing you down
- Runs in the background, so it won't interrupt your work or play
- Won't swallow up your computer's memory and hard-disk space
Keep your kids safe online with award-winning Norton Online Family
- Parental-controls management lets you easily access, set up, and run Norton Online Family right from within your Norton Control Center
- Tracks which websites your kids' visit, so you know what they're up to online, and lets you block inappropriate sites
- Keeps an eye on your kids' social network activities and who they're chatting with online, so you can spot potential dangers
Get up and running fast with quick setup and easy-to-use features
- Installs in less than a minute with a single mouse click
- Proactively tells you if files and applications are safe or may slow down or crash your computer
- Improved customizable Control Center now lets you choose between a simple or a detailed view for accessing program controls and Web-based Norton services
Exclusive & Improved! Norton Protection System: Provides industry-leading security with four unique layers of powerful protection proven to proactively stop online threats before they can infect your computer.
Exclusive & Improved! Insight: Stops new online threats before they can cause you trouble by checking where files came from and how long they've been around.
Improved! Download Insight 2.0: Protects you from dangerous applications before you install them by telling you if they are harmful or unstable.
Improved! Norton Safe Web: Proactively protects you while you surf the Web by warning of and blocking unsafe and fake websites right in your search results.
New! Norton Management: is cloud based so you can download, install, transfer, update or renew Norton products from anywhere right over the internet.
Exclusive! Parental Controls Management: Lets you track your kids' online activities through award-winning Norton Online Family so you can help protect them from online dangers.
Improved! Network Threat Protection: Detects threats as they travel over a network and eliminates them before they can reach your computer.
Improved! Browser Protection: Proactively protects you by checking for and blocking online threats as your browser loads, to stop online threats before they can do damage.
Exclusive & Improved! SONAR 4 Behavioral Protection: Monitors your computer for suspicious behavior to more quickly and accurately detect new threats and stop them in their tracks.
New! Norton Safe Web for Facebook: Scans your News Feed for dangerous downloads and links to unsafe websites and warns you and your Facebook friends about them.
Free 24x7 Support: Offers you expert help and answers by phone, email, live chat, or online whenever you need them. (Not available in every country.)
Norton Product Comparison
|Norton Allows You To:||Norton AntiVirus with Antispyware||Norton Internet Security||Norton 360|
|Stop online dangers without sacrificing performance||X||X||X|
|Email, chat, surf, and socialize on the Web without worrying about cybercriminals ripping you off||X||X||X|
|Watch movies and play games without interruptions||X||X||X|
|Shop and bank online with protection against cybercriminals who can steal your identity and heard-earned money||X||X|
|Prevent cybercriminals from hacking into your PC and stealing your personal information||X||X|
|Keep a watchful eye on your kids' internet use with Parental Controls Management||X||X|
|Warn you of unsafe and "scam" websites right in your search results and automatically blocks them||X||X|
|Keep your PC tuned and running at its best||X|
|Safeguard your photos, music, and files with automatic online backup (includes 2GB of backup)||X|
|Get help fast with FREE 24x7 phone, email, or chat support for the full initial year of your subscription*||X||X||X|
*Symantac provides free 24x7 email, chat, and phone support for a period of one year. Continuing support is available with an active service period subscription.
Platform: PC Disc
Top Customer Reviews
1. Installation: As in the recent versions of NIS, installation was a snap. It took under 2 minutes, but needed a restart. If you have existing license for NIS, download the update from support -> check for new version menu item from within NIS. You can update the license number from the disk later when your license is about to expire. In previous version(s), NIS overwrote existing license period if you upgraded from disk. I havent checked it on this version (I still have about 90 days left, too risky!!).
2. Interface: The main interface is less cluttered, but a new addition is a big status window (floating gadget) on the upper right corner of your screen with large buttons for different menus. Most buttons on these menus are for other Norton products unrelated to NIS (annoying). For example button for on-line back-up (costs extra!) or mobile protection for android (free), parental control (free) etc. I havent found an easy way to get rid of this yet! (Alright! It's easy. There is a close button next to it and if you close it, it does not reappear after a restart).
3. Setting up: Most of the settings are done by default and should be fine for the average user. For example how often to scan your computer, what time of the day, which files to allow to connect to the internet etc.Read more ›
Install was easy but I don't see much of a difference in what 2012 offers than what 2011 had. There are a few things I don't like about 2012:
1. It scans my system a lot slower.
2. No option to totally turn off autoupdate like you could in 2011. Can turn off auto but pulse updates turn on then and gets greyed out so there is no way to have them both be off at the same time. I like to update it manually liked I did 2011 but can't now.
3. No way to turn off quick scans like you could in 2011.
4. Seems to load slower at start up when set to "aggresive" but 2011 started right away.
5. When you click on settings or any of the options the software takes longer to respond. At first I didn't think I had clicked right and tried again but it took a few seconds to respond. Future tries have the same results.
6. Constantly bugs you to sign into your norton account if you click on update and then the page has script errors and no way to turn this off. Only option is to sign or click remind me later which takes several tries and the first click on remind me later doesn't make it go away and instead just refreshes the page again.
Other than these issues it works but wish I had stayed with 2011.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
i used for a while but didn't have good protection and my pc got infected then I switched to ZoneAlarm and Malwarebytes
since 2013 i haven't got any virus on my pc and they... Read more