Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Norton Internet Security 2013 Small Office Pack - 5 Users [Old Version]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Software|Change

on June 18, 2013
Ive used norton a long time. keep it up to date don't let your subscription run out (don't renew thru Norton order a new copy thru amazon and just enter your product key) they'll always upgrade you to newest version when it comes out, you cant go wrong just don't pay too much
on February 19, 2013
I used Norton many moon ago and switched because it was a resource hog. I went through several years of using other internet security programs and when Norton finally woke up and redid the their entire operating program, I switched. But not before reading reviews on PC World and PC Magazine and other independent testing labs. Norton is one of the leaders.

HOWEVER, I buy new each year as it is much cheaper than getting on direct subscription with Norton. Could be they do it on purpose so it inflates their sales numbers?
on July 21, 2013
In my opinion, there IS no better protection for a Windows PC against virus, "malware", and firewall intrusion. Non-invasive, does not consume significant system system resources, and does not "babysit" you as a user (unlike Norton 360...). My 'credentials' in this matter? Over 30 years in building, servicing, and repairing computers and networks and protecting against "nefarious invasion". Granted, there was a time when those first two criteria (non-invasive and consumption of system resources) could not be mentioned in the same sentence with the name "Norton Internet Security", but in the last five years, this has not been the case and no doubt won't again (you listening Symantec..?). In this case, I have to agree with PC Magazine... they give the product "top ratings" for a good reason. It works - and it works damned well.....and you cannot buy it anywhere for less than here at Amazon. Why anyone would "renew" a subscription directly from Norton escapes me when you can simply buy an entirely new license for less than 50% of a renewal fee.... for exactly the same software. Hands down "the best".
on February 1, 2013
I had norton awhile now, seems to of protected me well. it stays in the back ground running quiet,never gets in my way with popups etc. like older versions several years ago did. does not seem to slow my computer down. i got this pakage deal cause have 5 computers in the household,so, with my other pakage it only covered 3 computers, thus this pakage 5 for less money at that. would recommend.
on February 26, 2014
As a computer science professor at a quality East Coast university, I can offer a "professional opinion" on this item (double quotes around professional opinion = I don't take myself too seriously). First let me state that I purchased and use this product (it was not a freebie I was given to write a review). I have used Norton (Symantec) software for years for two reasons: 1) it works well, and 2) they have free 24/7 support by chat, which I have used MANY times with success. I got this at a very low price because it was the 2013 version, but the upgrade to the new 2014 version was free.

I use the anti-virus, firewall, and safe surfing features. I do NOT use the password locker and do not suggest it to anyone: why put all of your passwords in a "secure" location. NOTHING is truly secure online (everyone has been hacked)? If you want to keep your passwords secure, make sure you are offline, put them on a flash drive and make a printout, remove the flash drive from your computer, then lock them both up in your drawer.

Is Norton perfect? NO anti-malware software is! The best way to help prevent issues with your computer is to be very careful about the links you click, avoid downloading free ANYTHING, know the websites you are visiting, and scan everything that will be used on your computer, regardless of where it came from or who sent it.

Consider adding a program like Malwarebytes Anti-malware software. It works with your anti-virus software to fill in the gaps of protection on your computer. With a little searching you can find the 2013 "Pro" version for $15-$25 and it includes lifetime updates. I use both products on my computers and they do not appear to be effecting the performance unreasonably.

Remember to think before you click,

Prof. B.
on February 17, 2014
For around 4 years now, I've solely used this product. It works in the background and automatically scans everything downloaded from the Internet in about 4 seconds. If you download brand new software, it will tell you if there is insufficient reports on its stability, and so therefore you can use your own judgment on whether to open it. My only disappointment, and I should have realized this, is that all 5 licenses will expire 365 days after you activate the first license. For example, I purchased this instead of the 3-license edition because we got 2 extra laptops. I activated it on the laptops in December but my existing computers didn't need an update until late February. When I activated the 3rd, 4th and 5th licenses, I saw that they will expire in December. This is probably fair enough, if you say 6 months or more NIS subscription already left on some of your five machines, it might be more cost effective to buy two 3-license programs. (I liken it to buying 4 new car tires and replacing only 2 because the others have plenty of tread left on them. Six months later you replace the final 2 tires only to find out they will expire the same time as the first 2 tires you installed :/)
on May 9, 2013
NIS is the industry premier internet and anti-virus product and this version is just as great, although NIS does not detect the FBI virus bug, but then I cannot find ANY anti-virus tool that does (04/01/13).
on February 13, 2014
No problems running Norton. The system load is much lower since 2011 and the protection is top notch.
It is one of the few that stops viruses from loading before they get started.
Up dates are automatic ,but can be updated about every 15 minutes if you want manually.
If you have multiple machines, this is the best value for the money.
Every major reviewer rates Norton as one of the best. Unless it is a site that is selling a particular software.
on April 10, 2014
PC World, as it? PC Magazine? gave this their highest review in a test. I was losing faith in Panda and so switched us over to this. (Five licenses come with it.) Works great on my machine, and requires very little attention (from me, across the continent) on my 90-yr-old mother's machine. Well done Norton!
on September 13, 2013
For anyone with multiple computers to protect this is really a great deal. Don't worry that there going to come out with the 2014 version. Everyone with a current subscription will get the newest versions pushed in updates. Right now you can update up to 5 computers for less than the subscription price for 1 computer or less than the new version 2014 for 3 computers $29 is a steal for this grab one before there gone.