Norton Utilities fixes common PC problems, frees up memory, speeds startup time, and boosts program and overall system speed to help keep your PC running fast and error-free. Unneeded files, outdated registry entries, and hard disk problems can slow down your PC and even crash it. Norton Utilities cleans up and speeds up your PC to help it run like new. It finds and fixes Microsoft Windows issues to prevent PC freezes, crashes, slow downs, and loss of your Stuff. It helps your PC start up faster. It repairs and optimizes your Windows registry to improve stability and launch programs quicker. It even cleans up your hard drive to boost overall PC performance and give you more disk space for your Stuff.
From the Manufacturer
Norton Utilities 16.0
Norton Utilities fixes common problems, frees up memory, speeds startup time, and boosts program and overall system speed to help keep your PC running fast and error-free.
- Speeds PC startup
- Fixes common PC problems
- Improves overall PC performance
- Frees up memory and disk space
- Lets you restore mistakenly deleted files
- Improves Windows stability
- Helps your PC run like new
- Securely deletes sensitive files
- Removes duplicate files
- Recovers lost photos, music, and other Stuff
- Removes programs you don’t use
- Fixes common PC problems and helps keep your computer running fast and trouble-free.
- Finds and fixes Microsoft Windows issues to prevent PC freezes, crashes, and slow downs.
- Scans for potential problems that can cause your hard drive to crash.
- Helps you “rescue” accidentally deleted or damaged files that may still be hidden on your hard drive.
- Boosts your PC’s performance and helps it run like new again.
- Lets you turn off services and programs Windows automatically loads at startup, so your PC gets up and running faster.
- Safely defragments, repairs, and optimizes your Windows registry to help programs load faster and boost overall PC performance.
- Frees up PC memory, so you can run more programs simultaneously, without slow downs or crashes.
- Cleans up your hard drive to help it run faster and give you more room for your stuff.
- Reorganizes (optimizes) files that are scattered across your hard drive, so your PC can find them faster.
- Finds all the duplicate files, so you can remove them.
- Removes the programs you don’t use.
- Keeps your online activity private and helps prevent your personal information from being stolen.
- Permanently erases all record of your Web activities, so others can’t see what you do online.
- Lets you completely and permanently erase old, unwanted, and unneeded personal stuff, so no one can access or retrieve it.
- NEW! Duplicate File Finder: Finds all of the duplicate files scattered across your computer’s hard drive, so you can remove them and free up disk space for more of your stuff.
- NEW! System Dashboard: Shows you step-by-step how to get your computer to run like new again.
- NEW! Application Uninstaller: Removes the programs you don’t use or take up too many resources.
- Speed Disk: Brings together (defragments) and reorganizes (optimizes) files and data that have become scattered across your hard drive.
- Disk Doctor: Scans your hard drive and alerts you to problems that can cause computer errors and crash your hard drive.
- Disk Cleaner: Permanently erases all record of your computer and Web activities to protect your privacy.
- Registry Cleaner: Helps eliminate Windows Registry problems that can slow down your PC, trigger error messages, and cause Windows to crash.
- Registry Defragmenter: Removes gaps, free space, and corrupt files in your registry and compacts it to free up system memory and make your PC start up faster.
- Registry Restore: Makes a backup of the registry before making any repairs so you can easily undo them if necessary.
- Startup Manager: Lets you choose what programs load automatically when Windows starts to free up memory and improve PC startup time.
Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32-bit only)
- CPU: Pentium or equivalent 233 MHz (minimum) | Pentium or equivalent 300 MHz (recommended)
- Memory: 64 MB (minimum) | 128 MB (recommended)
Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows 8
- CPU: 1 GHz
- Memory: 1 GB for 32-bit | 2 GB for 64-bit
Additional Hardware Requirements
With this service you receive the right to use this product on up to 3 PCs during the service period, which begins upon initial installation and activation. This renewable service includes protection updates and new product features as available throughout the service period, subject to acceptance of the Symantec License Agreement included with this product.
- 100 MB of available hard disk space
- SVGA (1024 x 768) video
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic software download)
- Internet connection (to activate product and receive product updates)1