2,897 Reviews
 (2,374)

1,373 of 1,410 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars The grossest thing that I've ever loved
This picture confused me because I thought that the large blue box was part of the Nosefrida. It is the just the case. There is a red mouthpiece, clear tube, blue filter and clear...I'm going to call it the "applicator" that you put up to the baby's nose.

Published on December 10, 2007 by Shelley Winters

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, too bad mine arrived damaged
This thing works. Yes, it is kindda gross to see the snort in the tube, but I'd rather see it in there than have my baby breathe with difficulty.
My baby still cries when I use that, but it may be for a minute if not less. With the real bulb things, she would get really mad.
Mine arrived with the blue top not clicking well into the tube. I bought this based on...
Published 6 months ago by Emerald

1,373 of 1,410 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars The grossest thing that I've ever loved, December 10, 2007

I examined the nosefrida for a long time before trying it out on my four month old. I wanted to make sure that there wasn't anyway for snot to end up in my mouth. 14 hours of labored breathing, the baby's-not mine, I decided to give the Nosefrida a go.

Darn if that little disgusting contraption doesn't work! And I know it works because I could actually see the snot collecting in the tube. Yes, I gagged a little, but baby could breathe! And after all, isn' that what they teach you day 1 in parenthood?
Day 1. Make sure baby can breathe.

I still think you'd have to be pretty close to someone to give this as a baby shower gift. No one wants to think of snot on their happy day.

3,182 of 3,313 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars IT SUCKS BOOGIES & catches them in a tube to eat later, December 2, 2010
Moobs (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator (Baby Product)
my wife has tiny nostrils. i can't fit any of my fingers in her nose...it's amazing she can breathe through her nose at all. consequently, our son is also lacking in the nostril-diameter department. he gets boogies...he can't breathe very well...he gets upset. it's been like that since he was born, whenever that was...recently. i forget, but i digress. we came home from the hospital with a pretty decent nose-sucking bulb...it did a reasonably OK job of sucking out boogers...and was reasonably firm and springy. but then our dog ate it. so, i tried to find a replacement. not all bulbs are created equal, i soon found out. some were too hard to squeeze and didn't spring back quickly enough. others were too soft to suck anything out and just sat there, mocking me. i tried at least four different replacement bulbs, none of which were as good as the one from the hospital. we even tried a fancy battery powered nose vacuum that made a whirring sound but produced nary a single lump of green gold. while ordering the various, useless bulbs i also ordered this thing - the nosefrida - on a whim thinking i was probably wasting $13.

BOY WAS I WRONG.

this thing works. it sucks boogers out of noses. it even stores them in a little tube to eat later. or, you can just wash them out in the sink. anyway...it works better than any of the other things we tried...and we tried pretty much everything. there's a technique to it:

- suck in quick short bursts with your mouth muscles first...to loosen things up
- then, suck in long hoover-style bursts to get those boogies out
- if the boogies get stuck near the surface, try pulling the end of the thing out a little mid-suck a few times
- use a tissue or q-tip to get any nose goblins that are loitering anywhere accessible
- repeat

if i was a professional booger sucker...and it was my job to suck the snot out of noses 8 hours a day, i would insist on using this thing. but i would want a longer tube, and a holster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop reading reviews and add this item to your cart., January 29, 2014
Melissa Harris (Nashville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator (Baby Product)
I know what you're thinking. I know EXACTLY what you're thinking. I thought the same thing when my husband told me about this "awesome thing he saw somewhere" that allows you to suck the snot out of your baby's nose with your mouth. Ummm, excuse me? No. Well, it finally happened: my husband was right, and I was wrong.

1 or 2 little "baby colds" later, half a dozen restless if not completely sleepless nights later, I sent him out to purchase this miracle tube. And miracle it is, my friends.

First of all, it's not as disgusting as I first thought. It's not like siphoning gas - the snot isn't going to fly up into your mouth. Check out the picture. The snot is collected into a tube at the baby's nose, and then you blow it back out into a nearby tissue or wipe. And unlike the infamous "bulb syringe", this works.

Picture this: You're up in the middle of the night because baby is snoring and grunting. He can't breathe. Again. You lay him down on the changing table and grab the bulb syringe and depress it, and stick it into his nose. It slooooowly regains its shape and sucks out a bit of snot. You depress it again. By this time your baby is screaming and horribly uncomfortable. The problem with the bulb thingy is that it doesn't always "suck" fast enough, leaving you with a screaming baby. Enter nosefrida: You grab it and place the end of the tube into the baby's nose. You suck quickly. BAM! You can see what's coming out. You see your progress. Within 5 seconds, your baby's airway is clear and you pick him up to comfort him.

It's easy to clean. It's transportable. It's ready whenever you need it. It's fast-acting. This thing ROCKS.

Oh, and don't act like you're grossed out by this review.. If you already have a baby, no doubt you have seen and read things much, much grosser. And if you don't have one yet, well, let's just say that your conversation topics and amazon searches will become totally shameless, and snot is the least disgusting thing you will experience and talk about.

To address other reviewers' statements:
1. I'm just cracking up at the number of 1-star reviews saying, "I GOT THE EXACT SAME COLD AS MY BABY OMG!!" Uh.. have you ever thought that you might have caught your baby's cold because, oh I don't know.. You live in the same house, touch and deal with his slobber and mucus all day, change his diapers, kiss him, hold him, etc.? Don't let being afraid of breathing your baby's exhalations that you don't order this. You're going to be all around his sicky germs regardless of what aspirator you use.
2. If you can't figure out how to use it, we can only hope that you don't reproduce any more.
3. I can't help but notice the number of horrible reviews (at this time, less than 3% of the total reviews, by the way) that spell and punctuate horribly. Now, I'm not trying to be an Internet Grammar Nazi here, but I have to fly with the flock of people who seem reasonably intelligent when choosing a new product. That's just me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nosefrida vs. Graco Aspirator vs. hospital bulb, March 28, 2011
This review is from: Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator (Baby Product)
My son is 8.5 months old. Here is my review of each product.

Hospital bulb nasal aspirator:

I find the bulb style aspirator so hard to get in his nose and then when it is there I feel like I am scratching the inside of his nostrils when he moves. Then it seems to take FOREVER to inflate and then suck the snot out of his nose. Technically, you are supposed to cover the other nostril to made the suction work but that isn't practical at all! It will take some snot out, but I always feel like there is some left. It seems fairly sanitary, although we are talking about something to remove snot.

Graco Nasal Clear Nasal Aspirator:

I really wanted to like this product. It sounded fancy with the music and the battery operation. But even with using saline solution I was never able to get much out of my son's nose. And I used it multiple times. I actually found that the bulb aspirator worked better. And the music just meant he knew when the snot remover was coming so he freaked out more. Awesome!

Nosefrida:

So finally after many attempts with other products and desperate for sleep, I went out and bought this product. I'll admit I've only used it today (I'll try to post an update after using it for longer) but I LOVE IT. Best $$ spent on a baby product ever!

I had someone hold the baby, although many reviews here have figured out ways to do it with one person. I put some saline solution in (using this product, also very highly recommended: [...].

I waited a few minutes for it to work. I put the blue end at the tip of my son's nostril (NOTE: Not inside the nostril like most work) and sucked at the red end. And like magic, tons of snot came out. It was glorious!! Of course he was upset, but I only had to do each side once and it was over fairly quickly, at least compared with when I used the bulb. I cleaned it with soap and water and since no snot ever came close to the filter, I think I can use it again. Although I think the box suggests that you change it each time. I have never been so excited about snot in my life. My baby can breather, he is finally able to nurse and he is now soundly sleeping.

Now some people have commented here about catching germs using this product and such. That may be true. I'll let you know if I get sick. But frankly, being well rested and eating well are your best defenses against illness. And we all know that you can't sleep if the baby doesn't sleep. And the baby can't sleep if he can't breathe.

Until I find something better, this is by far my favorite nasal aspirator. Happy snotsucking! '

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge me for how much I love this thing!, August 19, 2011
This review is from: Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator (Baby Product)
After a morning spent listening to my 7 month old cough, I decided to break out the Nose Frida which had been sitting on the changing table like a box of chocolates- something I was ashamed to admit that I secretly wanted to rip into. Let me start by saying that this is definitely a two person job. My husband had to hold him down while I placed the tube right up to his nose and then the sucking started. Take a deep breath and just suck like your life depended on it because that's really the only way you're going to battle that snot. This is not the place for dainty sips. All of a sudden a huge yellow snot monster crept its way into the tube, which meant it exited my baby's sinuses so I was hooked. After a few more minutes of us having to wrestle with him to hold him still I had gotten a ton of garbage out of his nose. Bottom line, there was nothing that even came close to getting even near the tube connected to my mouth so if you're having nightmares about snot going into your mouth, I can guarantee you that won't happen! I adore my baby, but there's a limit to what I'd do for him...
Pros
-Tube doesn't enter baby's nose so no irritation like with an aspirator or danger of him jerking and hurting his nose
-Works really well coupled with saline drops, so it's a nice, safe, natural way to clear sinuses
-It works fast, but you really have to suck to get it to work the best.

Cons
-None, you'd see a bunch of snot coming out if you used an aspirator so unless you're afraid of the power of physics, this will work wonders for you and baby!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product!, December 12, 2007
I did a lot of research on nose aspirators before settling on the Nosefrida. The standard blue bulb was extremely upsetting to my 3 mo old son, and frustrating for me and my husband. Not to mention ineffective.

The very day I ordered our Nosefrida, my son came down with his first cold. Those first days were painful, struggling with the blue bulb to clear his passages. And then it arrived... I tore open the package, all the while promising my skeptical husband that 'this will help--all the reviewers love it!!' And it DID! Man, we sucked some serious business from deep recesses. He barely noticed the tip of it at the end of his nostril. His eyes got really wide when he could feel the suction and seemed a bit freaked out but he got over it quickly when he felt the difference. Now, a month later, he even smiles when we bring out the Nosefrida to give him some relief.

I know some other reviewers had trouble with the suction, so here's a few tips: 1. Be sure to spray some saline up the nostril 30 sec or so before you suction. Breastfed babies especially have very sticky boogies so we have to moisten them up for removal. 2. Be sure to listen for a 'click' when you attach the two pieces together, or else you won't get anywhere.
3. Don't just hold it in one spot, move the tip a bit(circular motion is nice) b/c sometimes it makes a huge difference.

So that's it. It's kinda weird, sucking things out of your child's face, but MAN IS IT WORTH IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT CUT THAT TUBE!!!, January 27, 2009
I am an avid reader of reviews and it is for this reason, when my 4 month old was congested, I purchased the Nosefrida. I had read over 70 reviews and almost all of them said to cut the tube down when you purchase this item.

DON'T DO IT!!! I'll tell you why...

My son has Down's Syndrome, I say this so that you are aware of the fact that his nasal cavity is smaller than most babies.
Upon purchasing the Nosefrida, I tried using it. To say I was disappointed was an understatement! But you say, why 5 stars then??? Just like anything else, this takes practice to get right. I quickly started to cut the tube about 1 inch at a time until it was about 5 inches long.
The power of the suction was amazing and I was finally "getting somewhere". Unfortunately, I blocked my son's nasal cavity with some mucus that was way in the back and couldn't get it extracted. He started to have trouble with his nose, sniffing like it was clogged.
Finally he sneezed and he was alright. I contacted Nosefrida and received my replacement quickly and courteously. This time I spoke by email to their customer service rep and was told that I should not cut the tube, that it was especially designed with the length necessary. Personally, I think that since this device is made in Sweden that Swedish woman have better lungs than us Americans!!! LOL
Anyway, this time I started using it as my son was getting a winter cold. MAN, THIS THING WORKS!!!
I get so much mucus out of his nose, much more than I ever did with the nose bulb! I didn't throw that out though as there are just times that I get it all the way to the front but not completely out and that's where the bulb comes in place. Also, the bulb is good to carry in case a need arises while out. (Though you could just take the Nosefrida along as it comes with a nice carrying case! I never use it though as I just wash it in soapy water and let dry by the sink...)

All in all an amazing product if you keep these things in mind....
First- DON'T CUT THE TUBE!
Second- practice sucking air in while not using the device (ie- like sucking through a straw)
Third- Spay a little saline spray in the nose prior to suctioning. Use the Nosefrida in a circular motion while the product is just touching the inside of the nasal canal. Listen for the "juicy" sound and suck in short breaths alternating to longer ones as needed.
Blow the mucus into a tissue or soft cloth (my favorite so it's gentle on the face)
Fourth- I found that if you put the child in a feeder seat or highchair that they fuss much less. My son would scream and buck when he was laying down. Now in a seated position he hardly ever cries (but you can't blame them for wanting to get away...ever try one of those bulbs on yourself?)
Fifth- Wash immediately in warm soapy water letting the water run through the blue tube (shaped like a cigar) both ways.
Sixth- I reuse the filter (a spongy cylinder that goes in the cap) several times after washing it in soapy water and letting dry although they recommend replacing after each use. I find that the mucus rarely reaches the spongy thing. When I clean it, it's always dry!
The choice there is yours.

Works great!!!! Keep practicing, it's worth the effort to learn how to use this, your children will thank you for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last resort, April 26, 2014
This review is from: Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator (Baby Product)
I was so hesitant to buy this. I mean a snot sucker?! As a first time mom, my 4 month old's was so painful for both of us and I felt lost and helpless! The bulb syringe was a terrifying experience for him and left me dreading the next time I'd have to inflict it upon his poor little nostrils. In my desperation for anything to help relieve his congestion, I bought this from Amazon. When it arrived two days later, I was so excited to try it hoping it would finally do the trick. ....And it did!!

At first it was definitely a little strange. You have to suck pretty hard actually. And you will feel silly and look very strange to any bystanders. But if you're reviewing this you're probably at the point that you could care less what anyone else thinks as long as you're baby feels better. And this gadget will definitely help!

It definitely helps to move the end you put to their nostril in a circular pattern when you're sucking. Don't worry about putting it up their nostril at all, just lay it flat against the opening and the sucking you do will so the trick of making a good vacuum.

And that's the BEST part about this little miracle working sucker, no more sticking anything actually UP their poor sore little noses. My baby screamed with the bulb syringe and I watched every YouTube out there on how to do it correctly. But with this, he stayed perfectly calm and lay still watching me with wonder and confusion as I sucked his boogers out. As a mom I am sooo thankful for this incredibly simple and perfect invention!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually, not gross..., November 13, 2011
YogaNut (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator (Baby Product)
Let me preface this by providing some background into my extensive experience with baby & child mucous. (No joke.) I have been a pediatric ICU nurse for 5 years and in that job, trust me you do a lot of suctioning of mucous from little noses and mouths. That being said, we used a nasal aspirator or catheter connected to wall suction (over 100 mmHg of suction pressure!). So when I had my baby and he got his first cold, I found the home suctioning equipment (bulb suction, or battery-powered piece-of-junk nasal aspirator) to be seriously lacking in effectiveness. My other nurse friends at work who have babies told me to try the Nose Frida, and at first I refused on the basis that I thought it sounded gross. Then I got desperate and looked into it. I watched a YouTube video and read about the filter, and suddenly it didn't seem so gross. So I bought it. And...I LOVE IT! It's very effective at cleaning out boogies and very thick snot from my babies nose. My baby hates it, but that's to be expected. If you encounter a baby who voluntarily allows his/her nose to be suctioned, then you need to rush them to the ER and have them evaluated for mental status changes---seriously. The best way I have found to hold him down for suctioning is demonstrated in the YouTube video as well. He will cry but be strong--this is for his well being-- and the more aggressive you are, the better he will be able to breathe afterward. Then you can do hugs and kisses (but wipe off the residual snot from his face first with a Boogie-Wipe--I like the grape scented ones). The end. (Hope this helps somebody.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, March 16, 2014
This review is from: Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator (Baby Product)
It's an absolute must have. Worth every penny. Even if your first kid rarely gets sick... Your second probably will (thanks to the first one'a social life) and this will make that tiny nose much more comfortable. Sow asy to use and wash. Don't even consider a bulb syringe.

Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator