2,550 Reviews
 (2,081)

1,311 of 1,345 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars The grossest thing that I've ever loved
This picture confused me because I thought that the large blue box was part of the Nosefrida. It is the just the case. There is a red mouthpiece, clear tube, blue filter and clear...I'm going to call it the "applicator" that you put up to the baby's nose.

Published on December 10, 2007 by Shelleybean3333

2.0 out of 5 stars update - great for young babies, disappointed - requires two persons
UPDATE:
Please see my original review below.
I would rate this much higher now, for some reason it won't let me while I try to edit my original review. I used it again with our second baby and it was a breeze to use with a newborn (I didn't have it until our firstborn was several months old). Just within the last couple of months (from 6 mo (?) on) it has become...
Published on February 6, 2008 by WorkingMom

1,311 of 1,345 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars The grossest thing that I've ever loved, December 10, 2007

I examined the nosefrida for a long time before trying it out on my four month old. I wanted to make sure that there wasn't anyway for snot to end up in my mouth. 14 hours of labored breathing, the baby's-not mine, I decided to give the Nosefrida a go.

Darn if that little disgusting contraption doesn't work! And I know it works because I could actually see the snot collecting in the tube. Yes, I gagged a little, but baby could breathe! And after all, isn' that what they teach you day 1 in parenthood?
Day 1. Make sure baby can breathe.

I still think you'd have to be pretty close to someone to give this as a baby shower gift. No one wants to think of snot on their happy day.

2,961 of 3,077 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars IT SUCKS BOOGIES & catches them in a tube to eat later, December 2, 2010
Moobs (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator (Baby Product)
my wife has tiny nostrils. i can't fit any of my fingers in her nose...it's amazing she can breathe through her nose at all. consequently, our son is also lacking in the nostril-diameter department. he gets boogies...he can't breathe very well...he gets upset. it's been like that since he was born, whenever that was...recently. i forget, but i digress. we came home from the hospital with a pretty decent nose-sucking bulb...it did a reasonably OK job of sucking out boogers...and was reasonably firm and springy. but then our dog ate it. so, i tried to find a replacement. not all bulbs are created equal, i soon found out. some were too hard to squeeze and didn't spring back quickly enough. others were too soft to suck anything out and just sat there, mocking me. i tried at least four different replacement bulbs, none of which were as good as the one from the hospital. we even tried a fancy battery powered nose vacuum that made a whirring sound but produced nary a single lump of green gold. while ordering the various, useless bulbs i also ordered this thing - the nosefrida - on a whim thinking i was probably wasting $13.

BOY WAS I WRONG.

this thing works. it sucks boogers out of noses. it even stores them in a little tube to eat later. or, you can just wash them out in the sink. anyway...it works better than any of the other things we tried...and we tried pretty much everything. there's a technique to it:

- suck in quick short bursts with your mouth muscles first...to loosen things up
- then, suck in long hoover-style bursts to get those boogies out
- if the boogies get stuck near the surface, try pulling the end of the thing out a little mid-suck a few times
- use a tissue or q-tip to get any nose goblins that are loitering anywhere accessible
- repeat

if i was a professional booger sucker...and it was my job to suck the snot out of noses 8 hours a day, i would insist on using this thing. but i would want a longer tube, and a holster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop reading reviews and add this item to your cart., January 29, 2014
Melissa Harris (Nashville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator (Baby Product)
I know what you're thinking. I know EXACTLY what you're thinking. I thought the same thing when my husband told me about this "awesome thing he saw somewhere" that allows you to suck the snot out of your baby's nose with your mouth. Ummm, excuse me? No. Well, it finally happened: my husband was right, and I was wrong.

1 or 2 little "baby colds" later, half a dozen restless if not completely sleepless nights later, I sent him out to purchase this miracle tube. And miracle it is, my friends.

First of all, it's not as disgusting as I first thought. It's not like siphoning gas - the snot isn't going to fly up into your mouth. Check out the picture. The snot is collected into a tube at the baby's nose, and then you blow it back out into a nearby tissue or wipe. And unlike the infamous "bulb syringe", this works.

Picture this: You're up in the middle of the night because baby is snoring and grunting. He can't breathe. Again. You lay him down on the changing table and grab the bulb syringe and depress it, and stick it into his nose. It slooooowly regains its shape and sucks out a bit of snot. You depress it again. By this time your baby is screaming and horribly uncomfortable. The problem with the bulb thingy is that it doesn't always "suck" fast enough, leaving you with a screaming baby. Enter nosefrida: You grab it and place the end of the tube into the baby's nose. You suck quickly. BAM! You can see what's coming out. You see your progress. Within 5 seconds, your baby's airway is clear and you pick him up to comfort him.

It's easy to clean. It's transportable. It's ready whenever you need it. It's fast-acting. This thing ROCKS.

Oh, and don't act like you're grossed out by this review.. If you already have a baby, no doubt you have seen and read things much, much grosser. And if you don't have one yet, well, let's just say that your conversation topics and amazon searches will become totally shameless, and snot is the least disgusting thing you will experience and talk about.

To address other reviewers' statements:
1. I'm just cracking up at the number of 1-star reviews saying, "I GOT THE EXACT SAME COLD AS MY BABY OMG!!" Uh.. have you ever thought that you might have caught your baby's cold because, oh I don't know.. You live in the same house, touch and deal with his slobber and mucus all day, change his diapers, kiss him, hold him, etc.? Don't let being afraid of breathing your baby's exhalations that you don't order this. You're going to be all around his sicky germs regardless of what aspirator you use.
2. If you can't figure out how to use it, we can only hope that you don't reproduce any more.
3. I can't help but notice the number of horrible reviews (at this time, less than 3% of the total reviews, by the way) that spell and punctuate horribly. Now, I'm not trying to be an Internet Grammar Nazi here, but I have to fly with the flock of people who seem reasonably intelligent when choosing a new product. That's just me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually, not gross..., November 13, 2011
YogaNut (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator (Baby Product)
Let me preface this by providing some background into my extensive experience with baby & child mucous. (No joke.) I have been a pediatric ICU nurse for 5 years and in that job, trust me you do a lot of suctioning of mucous from little noses and mouths. That being said, we used a nasal aspirator or catheter connected to wall suction (over 100 mmHg of suction pressure!). So when I had my baby and he got his first cold, I found the home suctioning equipment (bulb suction, or battery-powered piece-of-junk nasal aspirator) to be seriously lacking in effectiveness. My other nurse friends at work who have babies told me to try the Nose Frida, and at first I refused on the basis that I thought it sounded gross. Then I got desperate and looked into it. I watched a YouTube video and read about the filter, and suddenly it didn't seem so gross. So I bought it. And...I LOVE IT! It's very effective at cleaning out boogies and very thick snot from my babies nose. My baby hates it, but that's to be expected. If you encounter a baby who voluntarily allows his/her nose to be suctioned, then you need to rush them to the ER and have them evaluated for mental status changes---seriously. The best way I have found to hold him down for suctioning is demonstrated in the YouTube video as well. He will cry but be strong--this is for his well being-- and the more aggressive you are, the better he will be able to breathe afterward. Then you can do hugs and kisses (but wipe off the residual snot from his face first with a Boogie-Wipe--I like the grape scented ones). The end. (Hope this helps somebody.)

5.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT CUT THAT TUBE!!!, January 27, 2009
I am an avid reader of reviews and it is for this reason, when my 4 month old was congested, I purchased the Nosefrida. I had read over 70 reviews and almost all of them said to cut the tube down when you purchase this item.

DON'T DO IT!!! I'll tell you why...

My son has Down's Syndrome, I say this so that you are aware of the fact that his nasal cavity is smaller than most babies.
Upon purchasing the Nosefrida, I tried using it. To say I was disappointed was an understatement! But you say, why 5 stars then??? Just like anything else, this takes practice to get right. I quickly started to cut the tube about 1 inch at a time until it was about 5 inches long.
The power of the suction was amazing and I was finally "getting somewhere". Unfortunately, I blocked my son's nasal cavity with some mucus that was way in the back and couldn't get it extracted. He started to have trouble with his nose, sniffing like it was clogged.
Finally he sneezed and he was alright. I contacted Nosefrida and received my replacement quickly and courteously. This time I spoke by email to their customer service rep and was told that I should not cut the tube, that it was especially designed with the length necessary. Personally, I think that since this device is made in Sweden that Swedish woman have better lungs than us Americans!!! LOL
Anyway, this time I started using it as my son was getting a winter cold. MAN, THIS THING WORKS!!!
I get so much mucus out of his nose, much more than I ever did with the nose bulb! I didn't throw that out though as there are just times that I get it all the way to the front but not completely out and that's where the bulb comes in place. Also, the bulb is good to carry in case a need arises while out. (Though you could just take the Nosefrida along as it comes with a nice carrying case! I never use it though as I just wash it in soapy water and let dry by the sink...)

All in all an amazing product if you keep these things in mind....
First- DON'T CUT THE TUBE!
Second- practice sucking air in while not using the device (ie- like sucking through a straw)
Third- Spay a little saline spray in the nose prior to suctioning. Use the Nosefrida in a circular motion while the product is just touching the inside of the nasal canal. Listen for the "juicy" sound and suck in short breaths alternating to longer ones as needed.
Blow the mucus into a tissue or soft cloth (my favorite so it's gentle on the face)
Fourth- I found that if you put the child in a feeder seat or highchair that they fuss much less. My son would scream and buck when he was laying down. Now in a seated position he hardly ever cries (but you can't blame them for wanting to get away...ever try one of those bulbs on yourself?)
Fifth- Wash immediately in warm soapy water letting the water run through the blue tube (shaped like a cigar) both ways.
Sixth- I reuse the filter (a spongy cylinder that goes in the cap) several times after washing it in soapy water and letting dry although they recommend replacing after each use. I find that the mucus rarely reaches the spongy thing. When I clean it, it's always dry!
The choice there is yours.

Works great!!!! Keep practicing, it's worth the effort to learn how to use this, your children will thank you for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, March 21, 2011
Amanda Miller "nys_emt" (Inlet, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator (Baby Product)
There are enough reviews on here about how to use- and it's pretty self-explanatory anyway! I just wanted to add my two cents to say this: 1. This product WORKS and 2. You will NOT get snot in your mouth!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, April 15, 2008
This nasal aspirator is absolutely amazing. It WORKS. And it is completely non-invasive. My 4 week old newborn caught a cold, and this thing saved me. It cleared her out SO WELL! I had been using a bulb syringe, and she would scream and scream. Plus, the bulb syringe was irritating her nose and causing it to bleed. Once I got the Nosefrida, I was able to suction her nose much more effectively without shoving anything in her nostrils. She barely even cries when I use it. Mostly, she hates the saline drops I use ahead of time. I have to wonder if I didn't start using the Nosefrida if she would have developed a worse infection. All that drainage could have headed to her lungs. I read some reviews on the Nosefrida that said it takes too much lung power. It definitely does take some lung power, but if you have healthy lungs it should be no problem (I had no difficulties). Also, some people said it's hard to hold the infant's head still. I don't think it's any harder to hold the baby's head still than with a bulb syringe (with both aspirators you have just one hand free). Actually, I think it's easier because I know my baby fights the bulb syringe much more than the Nosefrida. One great benefit of the Nosefrida is that you can wash it in the dishwasher. It is a very clean system. I HIGHLY recommend this product!!! Every mom who has a baby should own one. It truly comes down to a safety issue: allowing your baby to breathe.

5.0 out of 5 stars This little sucker is awesome!, May 27, 2011
This review is from: Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator (Baby Product)
It was a cold winter and I had a house full of stuffy noses. The large noses I wasn't too concerned about but the nose attached to the 8 month old was giving me the blues. All night long I could hear his labored breathing and the nasal aspirator that we got from the birth center wasn't worth snot. So I logged on my computer and did some research.

Once I saw this snot sucky straw like thing I knew I had to have it. I ordered it and via Amazon Prime it was there like the next day. Perfect! I immediately pulled it out and held it up like a newly Christened child and prepared myself to use it. I laid the baby down and put the tip into my baby's nose and sucked like I was drinking a milkshake (gross, I know). The snot filled the tube and my heart filled with excitement. My baby hated it but I didn't care, the mucous was being removed. I ignored my husband's commentary about how he was never putting that thing in his mouth and I switched to the other nostril. When I was done I had a blue tube full of green mucus....and a baby with a clean nose. He was finally able to breath and sleep peacefully at night and Mommy was all the more happy because of it.

I wouldn't bother giving this as a gift. I don't know many other moms that are as elated to suck snot as I am.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product!, December 12, 2007
I did a lot of research on nose aspirators before settling on the Nosefrida. The standard blue bulb was extremely upsetting to my 3 mo old son, and frustrating for me and my husband. Not to mention ineffective.

The very day I ordered our Nosefrida, my son came down with his first cold. Those first days were painful, struggling with the blue bulb to clear his passages. And then it arrived... I tore open the package, all the while promising my skeptical husband that 'this will help--all the reviewers love it!!' And it DID! Man, we sucked some serious business from deep recesses. He barely noticed the tip of it at the end of his nostril. His eyes got really wide when he could feel the suction and seemed a bit freaked out but he got over it quickly when he felt the difference. Now, a month later, he even smiles when we bring out the Nosefrida to give him some relief.

I know some other reviewers had trouble with the suction, so here's a few tips: 1. Be sure to spray some saline up the nostril 30 sec or so before you suction. Breastfed babies especially have very sticky boogies so we have to moisten them up for removal. 2. Be sure to listen for a 'click' when you attach the two pieces together, or else you won't get anywhere.
3. Don't just hold it in one spot, move the tip a bit(circular motion is nice) b/c sometimes it makes a huge difference.

So that's it. It's kinda weird, sucking things out of your child's face, but MAN IS IT WORTH IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecxellent!, June 10, 2011
This review is from: Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator (Baby Product)
Such a small plastic device but a lifesaver for the parents. It sucks out the snot completely, well almost completely and lets the baby breathe! An absolute must have.

ARRAY(0xadd8df78)