Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on January 14, 2012
I actually got this for my daughter as an alternative to an Easy Bake oven. She is 11 years old. It is much easier for her to use than the Easy Bake. (She had one a year or so ago and it just wanted that much fun because of the limited number of cakes she could make at one time and the clean up) Clean up is also much easier than an Easy Bake. The non-stick feature has made it a joy for both of us. I can buy .69 or .99 cake mixes or muffin mixes for her to use-- which make it much cheaper for her to enjoy than the Easy Bake. She has gotten so proficient at using this little maker that I have her work on dessert while I'm cooking supper. This gives us good time together. She feels like she is contributing to the meal. And... lot less electricity than using the big oven. For the price, convenience, and fun.. this has been a great bargain for the whole family.
55 comments| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2011
This is a great product. It has exceeded my expectations. Although the directions say to bake between 3-7 minutes, I found that I really needed to cook my brownies closer to 10 minutes. I unplugged the device after about 10 minutes, lifted open the lid, and let the brownies cool for about 5 minutes. Then I cut them, using the handy dandy brownie cutter that comes with it. To be honest, these brownies turned out better than the last few batches I made using the oven. One "family sized" box of brownie mix was enough for one batch of brownies, and one batch of "brownie bundt cakes".
11 comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2013
Very pleased with this little cooker. Yes, I'm an appliance junkie, but this has many practical applications. Besides all the pastry items you can make, it's great for little savory bites as well. I line the mini cups with a 2" square of sliced ham, or put a thin slice of sausage or pepperoni on the bottom, top each with a small piece of your favorite cheese, sprinkle on some herbs (no salt), and pour in liquid egg beaters to the top of each cup. Bake for 8-1/2 to 9 minutes. I use a mini silicone spatula Mini Bakey 2 pc Silicone Spatula Set by MSC International to remove the tasty bites. Let your imagination run wild!
on January 22, 2013
The Nostalgia Electrics BSM-300 4-in-1 Bakery Bites Express makes cute mini cupcakes that are scrumptous!!! I used mini cupcake liners (you can buy mini cupcake liners at Walmart)and were done in about 8 minutes. Used a toothpick in the middle and they just came right out of the pan. I uploaded three pictures of the cupcakes on the Product Item page. I will not use liners next time so you will not need to peel the liner before popping them in your mouth-they are 1-2 bite-size.

I used the bottom for brownies and turned out perfectly. Tried a carrot cake mix and I put too much cake mix in and it cooked all but the middle so only fill half way with cake mix and the cake should turn out great.

I have not used the bundt cake plate yet but plan to cut dough and make mini fruit pies from the mold.

I gave it four stars, not five, as the bottom plate does get extremely hot, and no temperature adjustment, and if you do not take out the brownies or cake at the right time they will start to burn so must keep a good check on them while cooking and testing frequently from 8-10 minutes with the toothpic in the middle for doneness.

An absolutely fun little baker and getting one for my Sister!!!
review image review image
on January 9, 2012
Bought this for my 8 year old granddaughter. Absolutely fabulous. She definately needs supervision, because it does get hot, but what a great way to start baking. We did cupcakes and brownies...both turned out delicious and she had so.o.o.o much fun decorating and sharing with the family. Really fun and works so well I'll be buying one for myself, to have at my house when they visit.
on January 2, 2013
The other reviewers were accurate in saying that cookies and brownies often burn on the bottom, but cupcakes and bundt cakes do quite well. I've remedied the burning issue by lining the cook surface with heavy duty aluminum foil and spraying it with cooking spray before pouring in brownie batter or cookie dough. This was a Christmas gift for my 6-year-old who wanted a cake pop maker, and this is far more versatile. It works quite well with the boxed mixes we've used, and the cupcakes were really exceptional. For the price, and the size, we love it!
on September 16, 2012
I love kitchen gadgets and couldn't resist this one. I have a few different types of this kind of "baker." This is absolutely my favorite - so much so, that I immediately bought three more for birthday presents for my grand daughters. What sets this one apart for me is you have three options for baking from one mix. I made up a batch of brownie mix, heated up the baker (very quick to heat) and baked a batch of brownie mini bundt cakes. Popped them out (make sure you use non-stick spray!) as directed, then proceeded to bake the mini cupcakes (after a short wait for the unit to come back up to temp) and then a tray of brownies! All from one mix! They were are REALLY good! Nice and chewy with a slight crust on the traditional brownies. I love the cutter! The minute the brownies are done (about 10 minutes) you push the cutter down onto the warm brownies and lift them out. They are perfectly formed! It was quick and easy to use and clean. I have already made two more batches of brownies for my neighbors. I'm going to try some of the recipes that come with it next. If you like kitchen electronics - it is a nice addition to your collection!
on June 26, 2014
We purchased this instead of an Easy Bake Oven for our Granddaughter. We thought this could be just as dangerest and it can make additional items. FYI: Divide the store mixes in half. We did that and put into zip lock bags and tagged them. Much cheaper then the mixes for the Easy Bake Oven. She loves it and likes to bake the brownies the best. I believe it is because her Uncle Jonny likes brownies. He said they are the best. You need to watch the brownies closely because they tend to burn on the bottoms. You can put aluminum foil in the bottom as a pan insert. The donuts and cupcakes have pans that go into the machine which cuts down on the heat across the bottom.
on January 27, 2012
The machine is very cute. It creates the perfect size treats for a family when you want something sweet but do not overindulge. The brownies cook up in minutes and it's easy for preteens who are just beginning to bake to use.
on January 16, 2013
This is a fun product to work with. It is quick and simple (anyone can work with it) and it is easy to clean. The brownies I made with this were wonderful and I supplied a Christmas party with them. It arrived on time which is always important and works well.