4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, but NO Owners Manual
I bought this as a gift for my Wife... actually, I gave her the promise of making frozen drinks such as Rum Runners and Orange Julius knock-offs. So I actually get to operate the machine and she benefits from my love of gadgetry!

Published on January 1, 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars great, but not for everyday use
Published on August 27, 2011 by Jenna

3.0 out of 5 stars great, but not for everyday use, August 27, 2011
This review is from: Nostalgia Electrics MSB64 64-Ounce Margarita and Slush Maker (Kitchen)
I got this as a Christmas present (only in green)and used it almost daily for making ice coffee and smoothies. It shreds the ice just right with no problems. The spout is a great idea because you leave it going while you fill up your cup so nothing has a chance to settle and you get the perfect consistency. But here it is August and parts are breaking :( The plastic teeth on the top of the base that spin the grinder have broken. I was able to super glue enough of it back on so it will still work for now. The spout leaks lately even when you have it as closed as possible. It is also hard to clean if you make a smoothie with berries. I had to take a screw driver to unscrew the grinder so I could clean below the grinder.
Bottom line is that plastic breaks and leaks. Why don't they do a testing on how easy it is to clean? I would recomend this if you want to make ice coffee or other drinks without seeds occassionaly, but I am looking to upgrade to something more durable and easy to clean. They are on the right track with this idea though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, but NO Owners Manual, January 1, 2011

I think it works better if you CRUSH THE ICE BEFORE ADDING LIQUID. This is my opinion, but since it did NOT come with an Owners Manual, I'm not sure if this is correct (as the Engineer that designed it).

Long story short, IT WORKS, QUICKLY!

(OK so it's loud... but after the second glass, you can't tell anyway.)

P.S. If anyone from Nostalgia Electrics reads this, please make the Owners Manual available to download on your website. Thank you!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Party Drink Maker and Dispenser, November 1, 2011
Watson (Baton Rouge, LA United States) - See all my reviews
I love that this drink maker doubles as a server. You can "freshen up" the drink before you pour it to make sure you're not getting the melted part. Mine DID come with an owner's manual and I found it very easy to use. The drink dispenser flows FREELY when switched to open, so you have a small learning curve to avoid over flowing smaller glasses. I would definitely recommend to others! I might order a second one so we can have Coladas and Margaritas side by side at the next big event.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick but loud, June 17, 2013
I really liked using this machine, it was easy to use and blended whole ice cubes fast. But it was SO loud and the drink capacity is small. The machine has to be on to let the liquid flow out and it leaves chunks of ice at the bottom instead of flowing out with the rest of the drink. Hard to clean.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Impressed, June 13, 2012
I read a lot of great reviews on this slush maker before I bought it, and I must say I am extrememly disappointed in this purchase. I have only made a few batches of Orange Juliuses and one slushie batch so far, but don't see using this much. It is very loud and shakes all over the counter. I also noticed a very hot, burning rubber smell each time I used it...and I did not run it the 7-10 minutes that are recommended in the manual. Also the rubber around the cover has come off already and does not fit the cover properly, so you have to hold the cover on when using. Very poor product in my opinion, I would not recommend purchasing.

4.0 out of 5 stars There are two versions of this same item, January 17, 2012
The weak link in this product is the plastic part that has to connect to allow it to run when assembled. The first one we ordered came with a tiny chip in the plastic that caused it to not work. We did not even notice the chip until trying to diagnose the problem. We returned it to Amazon with absolutely no hassle and the replacement had a different look to it. The color was a darker richer red. The first one looked cheap by comparison. It is basically the same machine, but has been updated, and apparently we had first gotten an older one-perhaps one returned by another user. We are quite happy with the replacement. It works well and looks great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!, January 3, 2011
This product was a lot nicer in person than by the picture. It is a heafty kitchen appliance. Do not look cheap or plastic. It will be used for many parties to come!!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's bigger than that which is fantastic because you can actually fit glasses under the pour ..., December 17, 2014
For some reason I believed it would be about the size of an average blender. It's bigger than that which is fantastic because you can actually fit glasses under the pour nozzle! Plus since we only pull it out for parties the space it would take up leaving it out isn't an issue. Plus, it's not super loud either. :-) gave it as a gift and she loves it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy, May 16, 2013
Not well made or well designed. Drips slushie everywhere. Does not puree the ice so there are ice chunks in drinks. Looks great, but I would never recommend or purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, January 15, 2013
Can't beat the price and it does its job. I was looking for a slushy maker for a 7 yr old and this did the job quick and easy.

Nostalgia Electrics MSB64 64-Ounce Margarita and Slush Maker