Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on September 26, 2012
I actually had fun playing Quiet, Please!, even though it is obviously targeting a much younger audience. At heart, it is a very basic adventure game that has you complete tasks all around the house to quite things down so that you can relax.

The puzzles all (thankfully) make sense and there are plenty of things to explore and interact with... But after about 20-25 minutes (just when I really started getting into the game), it was all over, and I took my time. If I had to guess, an experienced adventure gamer could beat this thing in less than 15 minutes. My co-worker's five year old son finished this adventure in a little over half an hour.

A lot of people will hate the "8 bit" graphics that this game is presented in (not HD 8 bit, the REAL old school stuff), but I loved it. Quiet, Please! actually reminded me of the old DOS games I played many years ago.

The Good:

- No permissions! YEEEEAH

- Addicting adventure gameplay.

- LOTS of things to interact with. If you can see it, you can probably do something to it.

- Great 8 bit graphics. I love anything that uses old school stuff.

- Excellent sound. While there is no music, the cute jibber-jabber speech fits this game almost perfectly.

- Encourages children to think as the puzzles are actually logical (as far as adventure games go).

The Bad:

- Lots of fake positive reviews.

- No save option (not really too bad since the game is so short, but could be problematic down the line).

- A link to rating this game in the pause menu.

- A link to the Author's web page with links to the Android Market and the Play Store.

- This is the SHORTEST adventure game I have ever played. Knowing all the puzzles, I could rush through it in mere MINUTES.

- No replay value.

The Ugly:

Absolutely nothing.

Scores:
The Game: 4/5 (if it was longer, I would rate it a 5/5)
Permissions: 4/5 (if the link to the Play Store and Amazon are removed, it will be a 5/5).
Combined: 4/5

Conclusion:

Quiet, Please! is a great little adventure game that will provide you with a few minutes of entertainment. It is certainly worth the free download as today's FAOTD, but I don't think it's worth it at the $.99 price point. This is the shortest game that I have played in years. Combined with the fact that there is no replay value and I just don't see it as a good purchase.

My suggestion to Nostatic Software is to add a few more zones to the game. A school seems like an obvious choice, and so does the playground. If that were to happen, and the playtime would increase to at least an hour (hopefully more), I would gladly recommend that people buy this little gem (even at a slightly higher price point).
22 comments103 of 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2013
love it cant pass it though!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!! it little hard but still AWESOME like my family the cats r crazy and mom want homework dad is a lazy butt
This is a fun little app that will pass up to half an hour of your time. The object of the game is to get all noisy things turned off or quieted down. Obstacles are lawnmowers, TVs, chatty moms and a pesky brother.

You have to walk around interacting with things and getting items to eventually make everything quiet. Hints are given if you get stumped and eventually it all works out.

You cannot save the game so it's a play it all at once kind of thing, except that once you figure out how to do one part, it is very quick to go back and get to where you left off.

It is basically a one time game. Once you are done, there is really no point in going back to do it again since nothing has changed. I got it as a free app but paying a dollar for it is a little much given its short play value.

For free, it's fun, otherwise, skip it.
on September 26, 2012
It is an okay app, if you are younger. I mean there is no save button and everytime you leave you have to start over. It was kind of difficult. It was fun for a few minutes, but lost entertainment. I will keep this app just for when I get bored. To the people who made this, thanks for trying, but take these comments into account to find a way to improve the game. Thanks anyway.
on October 5, 2012
I love old school adventure games so I am really enjoying this game. My only problem is how the screen moves around, it makes me motion sick so i can't play for long and with no save I keep having to start over.
0Comment40 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2012
Awesome game. Love the old style of it. My gf also hates loud noise and likes everything peaceful. The little brother was funny!
on October 3, 2012
I would only recommend this game to the most die-hard of point-n-click adventure fans. The nostalgia factor would be worth a buck for fans of the genre. The graphics have an old-school charm, the interface is simple and straight-forward, and the puzzles are satisfying to solve. With a few more scenarios to play through, this would be an easy 5-star recommendation.
0Comment22 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2013
Cute game, liked the interaction.
Got this when it was free.
finished the game in half an hour.
once you've solved the puzzle there's no point in replaying.
on October 14, 2012
This game is very cute with old-timey fat pixel graphics, retry-style animation and good attention to detail. The interface resembles old Sierra-style games of the 20th century with simple movement controls and context-sensitive interactions.

The biggest complaints would be the lack of a "save" option, and the fact that the game is so short it doesn't need one. It contains a handful of simple but interesting puzzles, but there is really only one scene with maybe half a dozen rooms.

I got the game on Amazon's free offer, but I would have been annoyed if I had purchased it. I think it can be improved by adding additional scenes representing successive noisy days, and mixing up the puzzles a bit on each day with different objects and solutions required.
on September 26, 2012
Although I really liked this game, there are a few things about it I didn't care for.

Obviously the graphics are intended to be the 8 bit pixelated sort, so idk why anybody is complaining about that. It takes away nothing from the actual gameplay itself, & it's easy to distinguish exactly what everything is. I was a kid during the 8 bit NES days, & all I can say is thank god things have evolved. For an rpg or anything like that, going the 8 bit route sucks. But, with a game like this, the pixelated-ness doesn't bother me. Also, the fact that there are no permissions makes me like it even more.

Now for the bad: First & foremost, no replayability. You get through the entire thing in less than an hour, then you're done. Forever. Playing it again would be senseless, as you already know what to use where, etc. Also, you can't save your progress. If you have to stop in the middle of playing, next time you'll have to start all over. No big deal for such a short game, but still annoying. There's also no way to exit except for pushing your home button. If you push your back button, you get the options to continue, rate the game, or go to their website. Nothing else. That's just irritating to me.

Overall, this is an amazingly fun game...while it lasts. Because of the extremely short amount of time you get to play it, I'd never actually pay for it. I'll keep it to let the kids check it out, then it goes back to the cloud. Make a much longer version, & I'd gladly pay for it!

Great faotd, regardless of anything else!