Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on September 26, 2012
I actually had fun playing Quiet, Please!, even though it is obviously targeting a much younger audience. At heart, it is a very basic adventure game that has you complete tasks all around the house to quite things down so that you can relax.

The puzzles all (thankfully) make sense and there are plenty of things to explore and interact with... But after about 20-25 minutes (just when I really started getting into the game), it was all over, and I took my time. If I had to guess, an experienced adventure gamer could beat this thing in less than 15 minutes. My co-worker's five year old son finished this adventure in a little over half an hour.

A lot of people will hate the "8 bit" graphics that this game is presented in (not HD 8 bit, the REAL old school stuff), but I loved it. Quiet, Please! actually reminded me of the old DOS games I played many years ago.

The Good:

- No permissions! YEEEEAH

- Addicting adventure gameplay.

- LOTS of things to interact with. If you can see it, you can probably do something to it.

- Great 8 bit graphics. I love anything that uses old school stuff.

- Excellent sound. While there is no music, the cute jibber-jabber speech fits this game almost perfectly.

- Encourages children to think as the puzzles are actually logical (as far as adventure games go).

The Bad:

- Lots of fake positive reviews.

- No save option (not really too bad since the game is so short, but could be problematic down the line).

- A link to rating this game in the pause menu.

- A link to the Author's web page with links to the Android Market and the Play Store.

- This is the SHORTEST adventure game I have ever played. Knowing all the puzzles, I could rush through it in mere MINUTES.

- No replay value.

The Ugly:

Absolutely nothing.

Scores:
The Game: 4/5 (if it was longer, I would rate it a 5/5)
Permissions: 4/5 (if the link to the Play Store and Amazon are removed, it will be a 5/5).
Combined: 4/5

Conclusion:

Quiet, Please! is a great little adventure game that will provide you with a few minutes of entertainment. It is certainly worth the free download as today's FAOTD, but I don't think it's worth it at the $.99 price point. This is the shortest game that I have played in years. Combined with the fact that there is no replay value and I just don't see it as a good purchase.

My suggestion to Nostatic Software is to add a few more zones to the game. A school seems like an obvious choice, and so does the playground. If that were to happen, and the playtime would increase to at least an hour (hopefully more), I would gladly recommend that people buy this little gem (even at a slightly higher price point).
22 comments|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is a fun little app that will pass up to half an hour of your time. The object of the game is to get all noisy things turned off or quieted down. Obstacles are lawnmowers, TVs, chatty moms and a pesky brother.

You have to walk around interacting with things and getting items to eventually make everything quiet. Hints are given if you get stumped and eventually it all works out.

You cannot save the game so it's a play it all at once kind of thing, except that once you figure out how to do one part, it is very quick to go back and get to where you left off.

It is basically a one time game. Once you are done, there is really no point in going back to do it again since nothing has changed. I got it as a free app but paying a dollar for it is a little much given its short play value.

For free, it's fun, otherwise, skip it.
on September 26, 2012
Although I really liked this game, there are a few things about it I didn't care for.

Obviously the graphics are intended to be the 8 bit pixelated sort, so idk why anybody is complaining about that. It takes away nothing from the actual gameplay itself, & it's easy to distinguish exactly what everything is. I was a kid during the 8 bit NES days, & all I can say is thank god things have evolved. For an rpg or anything like that, going the 8 bit route sucks. But, with a game like this, the pixelated-ness doesn't bother me. Also, the fact that there are no permissions makes me like it even more.

Now for the bad: First & foremost, no replayability. You get through the entire thing in less than an hour, then you're done. Forever. Playing it again would be senseless, as you already know what to use where, etc. Also, you can't save your progress. If you have to stop in the middle of playing, next time you'll have to start all over. No big deal for such a short game, but still annoying. There's also no way to exit except for pushing your home button. If you push your back button, you get the options to continue, rate the game, or go to their website. Nothing else. That's just irritating to me.

Overall, this is an amazingly fun game...while it lasts. Because of the extremely short amount of time you get to play it, I'd never actually pay for it. I'll keep it to let the kids check it out, then it goes back to the cloud. Make a much longer version, & I'd gladly pay for it!

Great faotd, regardless of anything else!
on September 26, 2012
It is an okay app, if you are younger. I mean there is no save button and everytime you leave you have to start over. It was kind of difficult. It was fun for a few minutes, but lost entertainment. I will keep this app just for when I get bored. To the people who made this, thanks for trying, but take these comments into account to find a way to improve the game. Thanks anyway.
on October 15, 2012
I don't typically review apps, but this is a nice one that really caught my eye. I found it to be fun and short, but not too short, considering what it is. It doesn't have much replay value for me, but when I finished I recommended my wife play it. It's worth a buck to play. I used to pop several quarters into arcade machines for less fun and gameplay.
on January 17, 2013
The idea and the gameplay are amusing. However, there's only a handful of puzzles ("noises") to solve--and only one way to solve them--and then you're done and won't ever play again because there's nothing new if you we're to start again.
on October 5, 2012
I love old school adventure games so I am really enjoying this game. My only problem is how the screen moves around, it makes me motion sick so i can't play for long and with no save I keep having to start over.
on October 3, 2012
I would only recommend this game to the most die-hard of point-n-click adventure fans. The nostalgia factor would be worth a buck for fans of the genre. The graphics have an old-school charm, the interface is simple and straight-forward, and the puzzles are satisfying to solve. With a few more scenarios to play through, this would be an easy 5-star recommendation.
on October 14, 2012
This game was a gem I found via App of the day. It is a cleaver puzzle game that is both short and very sweet. I don't want to give anything away, so I will just say it is worth the full price and a perfect introductory game. Its only flaw, if you can call it that, is that it is too short and simple for a veteran gamer .
on October 14, 2012
This game is very cute with old-timey fat pixel graphics, retry-style animation and good attention to detail. The interface resembles old Sierra-style games of the 20th century with simple movement controls and context-sensitive interactions.

The biggest complaints would be the lack of a "save" option, and the fact that the game is so short it doesn't need one. It contains a handful of simple but interesting puzzles, but there is really only one scene with maybe half a dozen rooms.

I got the game on Amazon's free offer, but I would have been annoyed if I had purchased it. I think it can be improved by adding additional scenes representing successive noisy days, and mixing up the puzzles a bit on each day with different objects and solutions required.