Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 4, 2008 9:55:14 AM PDT
Brett Bates says:
Picked up Mercenaries 2 yesterday and found out there is NO split screen co-op even though the Amazon description mentioned there was. Looking elsewhere I found that co-op splitscreen was not mentioned either so it must be just an Amazon typo.

Also, similar to my problems with Battlefield: Bad Company, I am not able to connect to the EA Servers which means I can't play co-op via XBox Live either(this seems to be a fairly common problem with EA games though..even after opening the ports and such).

Mind you I am having fun with the game so far. Though I do wish you could duck or somehow take cover. And the vehcile driving seems a bit too sensitive.

I had planned on picking this up with or without co-op, but just wanted to warn anybody who was planning on playing splitscreen with their friend.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2008 10:49:53 AM PDT
gamer chic says:
I ran into the same problem after purchasing this game. Actually, one of the only reasons I purchased it was because it was supposed to be split screen co-op. If you look on the EA or the Xbox websites, they both clearly say that this game is split screen co-op as well. To top it off, I watched a game play video last month that showed the developers playing this game split screen. After I got the game home and realized it wasn't, I couldn't even bring myself to enjoy the game. I am one that would NOT have bought this had I known.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2008 6:19:14 PM PDT
Duo says:
I wonder if there is anything we can do about it. I highly doubt getting our money back is even an option, but I did purchase this game so my Little brother and I could play co-op together. All I have to say is that was flagrant false advertisement. I doubt amazon can do anything as they wouldnt have known but the game deveolpers lied to many people and thats going to burn quite a few bridges....

Posted on May 4, 2009 9:07:00 PM PDT
GlassAgate says:
I'm glad that I read this post. Xbox.com's descriptor for the game
suggested either story co-op or some other 2 player mode.

A site to check out is Co-Optimus (http://www.co-optimus.com/index.php).
They give a detailed description of a game's multi-player status. The system
isn't perfect, but it's good.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2008
Latest post:  May 4, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about