Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Until The Whole World Hears forum

Not Up To Par With Past Albums

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 17, 2009 2:22:07 PM PST
I am a huge Casting Crowns fan but first listen through of the new album, I am disappointed. There is not one personally challenging song, a staple of Casting Crowns, on this album. I was excited about being once again challenged by their songs. There is no "Slow Fade...The Altar and the Door...If We Are The Body." This is more of a praise and evangelical album, full of "Christian Clichés'." Perhaps it will be a grower but so far, it is NOT what I expected.

Posted on Nov 17, 2009 4:21:45 PM PST
I think the opposite, Brian. I think this is one of the best C Crowns CD's yet. Alter is still my favorite right now, but this CD may eventually be better after a few hundred more listens.

Posted on Nov 17, 2009 4:29:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2009 4:30:48 PM PST
Joey Sciarra says:
The title track itself is a personally challenging song, to spread the word of God, "Until The Whole World Hears".

Lifesong is still my all-time favorite album from Casting Crowns, but this is a solid CD with many great songs. "At Your Feet" is probably my favorite song currently on here.

Posted on Dec 4, 2009 2:12:27 AM PST
I feel sometimes, we get so attached to an artist, especially a Christian artist, at putting out a specific type of Christian Music ie, rock, contemporary, praise and worship, hip hop etc. that we don't accept the fact that sometimes they like to diversify. Me personally, I would hate it if every album sounded exactly like other ones. I feel that diversity....especially in Gospel, Christian music is lacking. Like for instance, I picked up Britt Nicole's latest release and it just sounded like a re-recorded session of Krystal Meyer's Make Some Noise. Don't get me wrong. It did have and still does have some good songs like the title track, but a lot of it sounded the same. Some reviewers didn't like Leeland's Love Is On The Move, but I felt that it was Leeland Mooring's best yet. Every now and then, we need some different is what I'm trying to say. If all albums were sounding the same, then people would be complaining about that too. Sometimes, you just can't satisfy everybody. But, the most important thing of all Christian music is that it glorifies God and His Son Jesus Christ. Any album that does that is a winner.

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 5:25:22 PM PDT
Goliath2k says:
Yeah I know how you feel Brian...I don't listen to this CD as much as I do their others (in particular "The Altar & The Door", that CD rocks!). It sort of reminds me of BarlowGirl's "How can we be Silent", where they tried something different but it really didn't fit their style. To me at least, Casting Crowns is at their best when both the lead singer and the backup singer are both sort of singing in tandem, or when they hand off verses to each other.

But just like how BarlowGirl later blew it out of the park with their SUPERB "Love and War" CD, I'm hoping that the new "Come to the Well" CD from Casting Crowns will be excellent! (and if Courageous is any indication, it will be).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 7:15:33 PM PDT
I've heard several songs from "Come To The Well"...they are VERY much back to challenging us...

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 7:01:27 AM PDT
I just heard COME TO THE WELL...the new songs played better live than on the album...I really, really hate to say this but this new album is once again dull and uninspired. It seems like they pour their energy into the first single and then fizzle out.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 18, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Until The Whole World Hears
Until The Whole World Hears by Casting Crowns (Audio CD - 2009)
4.7 out of 5 stars (232)