Liberty's Kids, The Complete Series 1 Season 2002
Amazon Instant Video
1. The Boston Tea Party (Pilot, Part One) Colonists in Boston rebel against "taxation without representation" by throwing a fortune in tea into the harbor (12/16/73).
2. Intolerable Acts (Pilot, Part Two) In response to the Boston Tea Party, the British Parliament passes the "Intolerable Acts," including "quartering."
3. United We Stand At the First Continental Congress, representatives of each colony meet as a group for the first time.
4. Liberty Or Death Patrick Henry, the greatest speaker of his day, stirs the South to the cause of freedom with his famous "Give me Liberty or give me death!" speech (3/23/75).
5. The Midnight Ride Paul Revere and William Dawes spread the word that the "British are coming!" on the eve of "the shot heard 'round the world."
6. The Shot Heard 'Round The World The Revolutionary War begins with the battles of Lexington and Concord.
7. Green Mountain Boys Trouble erupts in the New Hampshire Grants when settlers are forced from their homes (1770-1775).
8. The Second Continental Congress The colonies decide they need a national army.
9. Bunker Hill The first major battle of the war.
10. Postmaster General Franklin Ben Franklin is named the first Postmaster General of the colonies (7/26/75).
11. Washington Takes Command George Washington arrives in Boston to take command of the army (7/3/75).
12. Common Sense Thomas Paine publishes his famous pamphlet.
13. The First Fourth Of July As Hessians arrive off the coast of Staten Island (7/4/76), John Adams finally convinces Congress that independence is the only answer to the colonies' problems.
14. New York, New York At the Battle of Long Island, Washington fights the British in open field battles -- with catastrophic results (8/27-29/76).
15. The Turtle The first attempt to sink a ship with a submarine fails (9/6/76).
16. One Life To Lose A failed peace conference between the British Admiral Howe and John Adams and Ben Franklin convinces the American leaders that the British have no interest in making peace (9/11/76).
17. Captain Molly Ben Franklin, appointed to a commission to negotiate a treaty with the French, sails for France aboard the Reprisal (10/24/76).
18. American Crisis The low point of the war for the Americans.
19. Across The Delaware Washington re-crosses the Delaware River on Christmas Day.
20. An American In Paris Ben Franklin sets up residence in Paris and begins his uphill battle to enlist France in the American cause (12/28/76).
21. Sybil Ludington Sixteen-year-old Sybil Ludington makes her own "midnight ride" in Westchester County, New York (4/26/77).
22. Lafayette Arrives The 19-year-old Marquis de Lafayette arrives after an eventful journey from France and offers his services to Congress (7/27/77).
23. The Hessians Are Coming General Horatio Gates defeats Burgoyne at the Battle of Saratoga (10/17/77).
24. Valley Forge James, Sarah and Henri are there as George Washington and his Continental Army endure a horrible winter at Valley Forge.
25. Allies At Last News of the American victory at Saratoga helps pave the way for Ben Franklin to negotiate a treaty with France.
26. Honor And Compromise The States struggle to unite politically before the arrival of the French Ambassador (5/9/78-7/8/78).
27. The New Frontier In the Ohio territory, Shawnee Chief Cornstalk and his people are caught between the Americans and the British, with tragic results (11/77).
28. Not Yet Begun To Fight! In a long, desperate battle, John Paul Jones and his wildly outgunned Bonhomme Richard defeat the British Serapis off the coast of England (9/23/79).
29. The Great Galvez Spanish Governor Bernardo de Galvez aides the American cause by capturing Baton Rouge (9/21/79), Natchez (10/5/79) and Mobile (3/13/80) from the British.
30. In Praise Of Ben Sarah returns to Philadelphia and is reunited with Moses, James and Henri.
31. Bostonians Sarah and Henri join the Adams family in Massachusetts just as John and his son John Quincy return from France and are reunited with Abigail (8/2/79).
32. Benedict Arnold James, Sarah and Henri are there when Arnold tries to hand West Point over to British (9/21/80).
33. Conflict In The South General Nathanael Greene replaces Horatio Gates as the American commander in the south (10/16/80).
34. Deborah Samson: Soldier Of The Revolution Deborah Samson masquerades as a man so she can enlist in the Continental army (5/20/1782-10/23/83).
35. James Armistead Virginia slave James Armistead joins Lafayette and spies on Benedict Arnold (3/81).
36. Yorktown The climatic battle of the war.
37. Born Free And Equal Massachusetts slave "Mum Bett" sues for her freedom (5/28/1781).
38. The Man Who Wouldn't Be King Ben Franklin and John Adams sign the peace treaty with England, ending the Revolutionary War (11/30/83).
39. Going Home With the signing of the Treaty of Paris, loyalists are forced to leave their homes.
40. We The People America's leaders meet at a convention in Philadelphia and decide to write a radical new Constitution.
|Genres||Drama, Adventure, Kids & Family|
|Starring||Walter Cronkite, Kathleen Barr|
|Supporting actors||Reo Jones, Chris Lundquist, D. Kevin Williams, Jill Anderson, Vincent Lee Alston, Ben Beck, Carl Beck, Terry Berner, Robert Berry, Pam Carter, Susie Collins, Jason Connery, Chip Cronkite, Pete Cronkite, John D'Arcy, John Dittrick, Melissa Fahn, Sabi Dorr|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
Great product. Wonderful Seller and quick service! Will re-purchase.Published 19 hours ago by Joy Blair
Nice way to sneak in a little bit of history. My 8 YO loved it but my 10 YO really just tolerated it for her sister's sake.Published 1 day ago by angela delange
This was my first time watching this collection, and I give it nothing but the Highest of Praise. This would be the perfect gift to give any child to help them understand events... Read morePublished 2 days ago by Big Al in Sunny Florida
This is a great series for teaching students about the American Revolution! I've learned a lot, too. I highly recommend it.Published 3 days ago by Karyn Carpenter
My daughters LOVE this series and watch it over and over. (My husband is a history teacher and he loves to watch it with us. We agree it was definitely a worthwhile purchase.)Published 3 days ago by Amazon Customer