Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Clash of the Titans [Blu-ray] forum

Not as bad as people say

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 11, 2010 7:57:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 11, 2010 7:58:18 AM PDT
K.B. says:
I was 10 years old when the original came out, and I loved it. But now I cringe a bit when I watch it again, as the special effects are really bad and outdated. The remake would have been perfect if they had stuck to the spirit of the original, but updated those bad effects. The Medusa and Kraken sequences in the remake are spectacular, but I missed the Perseus/Andromeda/Calibos love triangle of the original. That was a major plot point of the original, and now it's completely gone, so now you've got Perseus heading out to see the Stygian witches after only about 30 minutes into the movie (this didn't happen in the original until over 75 minutes into it). To me, this makes the movie feel rushed, like the filmmakers are just moving it from one action sequence to another.

Still, it's not a total failure, it just could have been much, much better.

Posted on May 2, 2011 10:58:37 PM PDT
vindicator says:
i tried to watch the original too before watching the new one, but since i had no nostalgia of it prior, almost couldnt bear to finish it at all.

i think its good they didnt remake it exactly scene for scene and instead went and added new elements and directions with this one.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Aug 11, 2010
Latest post:  May 2, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions